Author Topic: Color Test  (Read 4564 times)

Offline Remnant

• Remnant
Re: Color Test
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »
Very cool! I got a zero on my first try....I'm glad I decided to make one little tweak at the end.

Now, if only that translated into putting together something stylish...
Lisa

http://remnantremains.blogspot.com

So blessed.
So decluttered. (Shall we thank the mold which destroyed nearly everything I owned?)
So ready to start thinking about sewing again. Update...NOT!...have gone back to work full-time after a26-year hiatus to raise a family and homeschool them. Now I am trying to adjust expectations, fatigue, and need to create.

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 06:12:21 PM »
I've always said I had probelms with color.  I got a 23 and I thought I did pretty good.

Offline reanns

• Re's Home on the Road
Color test
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »
A friend sent me this knowing I live with my Pantone chart in my purse whenever I go fabric shopping.  It's an online color test.  I'm guessing your score depends a lot on how good your monitor is - but it's fun and interesting to do.  I certainly didn't get a perfect -0- but I scored a 40 out of 1520 for my age group and didn't think that was too bad.  See what you think!  Some nice additional color info included.

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?pageid=77&lang=en

Offline raymondmom

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
Re: Color test
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 07:30:53 PM »
I scored 18.  It was boring after the first two rows!

Offline reanns

• Re's Home on the Road
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »
Sorry you found it so boring.  I thought it was kinda fun.

Online Janis

• My Blog
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 08:15:38 PM »
I scored 0, which means I can't blame my color issues on color blindness.  Probably just lack of taste, lol.  Thanks ReAnns.
"This is emphatically not a quick project, just savour the process..."  Ann Rowley

My Blog
http://janssewingroom.wordpress.com

Offline Karendee

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »
Fun, thanks!!

Offline Elona

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 09:29:29 PM »
It is sort of fun, especially if you turn out to be 'perfect,' as my husband agrees I am.

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 12:38:23 AM »
I've just merged this thread with another of the same name on the same subject.  Enjoy!

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline corinne kelly

• Corinne
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 01:23:58 AM »
Very surprised to get a 0 for perfect color vision.  I got excited.  I guess I lead a boring life. ::)

Offline Martha Domke

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 05:31:20 AM »
This should make all of you feel proud of your scores----I got 133.  And that doesn't seem quite right.  I do a good job matching thread and fabric, and usually putting fabrics together.  Must be the heat threw me off. ;D

Offline sliderule

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2012, 01:52:07 PM »
I got a 31.  However, I didn't find it easy at all and many of my choices were guesses.  Can I blame that on my monitor?   ???
Anne C.

Offline Zoubida

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 02:54:37 PM »
26 here. It's fun. Now I know I need a second opinion when choosing paint color for home. ;)
Because of the clothing restrictions many women had to abandon their dreams of a romantic wedding dress. Most couples, like this stylish pair married in 1940, managed for a new suit and dress that could be worn again for Sunday best, and smartened up the overall effect with a flower corsage and a fashionable hat.
From book by Patricia Baker "Fashions of a decade - The 1940s"

Offline SheriC

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »
I got a four.  I'm really surprised since I always feel that my color discernment is a little off.  But I guess I should trust myself more.

Offline Britannica

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2012, 05:53:26 AM »
I saw this last week! It's pretty interesting.
I also got a perfect score, but it took me a while as I don't have a great monitor.
From the other posts, it appears that maybe those somewhat artistically inclined or willing work with colors tend to do well on this test (or maybe it's because this group is mainly women).

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics