Author Topic: Janome parts  (Read 2232 times)

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
Janome parts
« on: May 06, 2017, 12:31:58 AM »
I have purchased a new Janome serger that came with extra attachments that I do not need.  I am not positive that these attachments are for the serger I bought, or for something else. 
I have no idea  what the retail is.  They are all in their new, sealed packages.  If you are interested, please give me an offer.

*Janome Cover Hem Guide for CoverPro models
*4 huge metal attachments with no identification.
   All 4 have 2 flat metal plates each on the bottom with metal zigzags.

I can email you photos of these, but I have never had any luck at posting photos on this site.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:34:26 AM by LyndaC »

Offline bessiecrocker

• Subscribed Member
Re: Janome parts
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 07:41:59 AM »
I think you've got parts for a janome CoverPro....stand alone coverstitch machine.  The big metal things could be binders, which are pretty expensive to buy new. The metal zipzags on the plates seems not quite right, however...I need to look at my machine. Not having any ID on them is not uncommon, because people buy generic ones that are less expensive than the Janome ones...work the same but no fancy packaging.

You might also have binders that fit on the serger.

If you bought this new, from a dealer, go back and ask about this. It would be very odd to get extra stuff that won't work on a new machine. Does your serger do coverstich too? (In which case, these bits are pretty useful to you.)

I'll send you a PM, maybe can help figure this out and am curious about what you have....

Offline Morgan

• love sewing, always have, always will
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 07:49:43 AM »
It sounds like they may be coverstitch accessories/feet.  Perhaps your serger is a combination serger/coverstitch machine.

The plates are to attach the tools to the machine bed.
The 'zigzags' are the guides that help control the feed of tapes or binding. If you have 2, one will probably for a wide tape and the other narrow.
The other plates may be hemming or other guides eg for an elastic guide, again one for wide, the other for narrow.

See here for examples https://www.hobkirk.co.uk/janome-feet-for-coverpro-1000cp?page=all

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 01:37:42 PM by Morgan »

Offline bessiecrocker

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 09:51:30 AM »
.  Perhaps your serger is a combination serger/coverstitch machine.

Tell us what model serger you have...I also highly suspect you have a coverstitch on your serger and you can use these bits.

If what you are calling Zigzag...is more like a feed dog plate with a wide hole opening (wide enough for a zigzag stitch)...that opening is actually where you attach the plates to the machine or the other part of the metal to the plate. Those parts need to be slightly adjustable, so the slot is wide and long and you can move the screws around a bit.

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 06:59:01 PM »
Yes, these are parts for a coverstitch, but I have a dedicated coverstitch machine and do not need/want to use these parts on my serger to convert it.

So I would like to sell them.

And, yes, I bought a Juki MO-2000QVP serger from a dealer in Atlanta when I went to the Atlanta Sewing Expo in March, and all these parts were included to convert it to a coverstitch, but I don't need them as I have a dedicated Coverstitch that is much better.

And, BTW, the new self-threading serger at $1000.00 has been a huge disappointment.  It malfunctions (does NOT self thread) and the dealer will NOT stand behind it. 

He promised he would send an employee to look at it and fix it or swap it, but now he will not answer emails.  So I have an expensive Juki that is basically a $1,000.00 overpriced simple serger and a set of useless attachments.

This does not make me friendly toward Juki.

The Atlanta dealer is SewingMachine.com, 228 Ottley Drive NE., Atlanta, Ga.  Avoid him.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:10:25 PM by LyndaC »

Offline bessiecrocker

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 09:30:23 PM »

This does not make me friendly toward Juki.

The Atlanta dealer is SewingMachine.com, 228 Ottley Drive NE., Atlanta, Ga.  Avoid him.

I'd be livid!! This is up there for worst story ever...

Why do they have Janome parts in with a Juki machine? Too weird...even if they fit. You'd think they would at least repackage them...

And I'm trying to figure out why you'd have 4 binders. Janome does make 4 sizes of binders...but you'd never need that many, and the plate is all the same, so one would do.

I feel really bad for you. What a bummer. 

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 11:06:52 PM »
Right!  That is why I want to sell the attachments!  They do not even fit my machine!

Offline srna

• O/T Politics
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 08:19:26 PM »
Lynda, have you contacted Juki?  I would think that they'd want to know about a dealer with such terrible customer interactions.  They may stand behind the machine, or put some pressure on the dealer.  Hope something can be worked out--what a terrible experience.

Liz

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 10:04:09 PM »
Lynda C, I sent you a PM.

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 12:50:12 AM »
I did post about this experience on a sewing site, and got much feedback from others who had the same experience with Juki, but no solutions.

I have been trying to post photos, but I just get the above paragraph pasted again and again, or a capital S.

These are 4 new parts in sealed packages.  The package says:
Janome Coverhem Guides

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:54:06 AM by LyndaC »

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 05:11:14 PM »
Lynda, do you have your photos on a photohosting site like Flickr or a 'blog? It's not possible to post photos here directly from your iPad or computer photo files. They've got to go to a photohost or a 'blog first.  Sorry!

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 02:30:04 AM »
No, I am sorry, but I do not.  It is just too time consuming to post here to me.

The invoice says:
4PC A Type Coverstitch ST.
Shipped from Sharp Sewing

There are four LARGE metal attachments, each in clear plastic.

I wish I could post a photo, but so far this is all I have done this morning, and I still have not been able to post successfully.  I conclude that every time I try.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 04:56:23 PM by LyndaC »

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 11:32:30 AM »
I understand, Lynda. I too wish that photo posting here was easier. :)

Kathryn

Offline Karen

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 02:01:24 PM »
Lynda, I sent you a pm about those parts, did you get it? Thanks.
Karen

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 03:16:22 PM »
No.....

Offline KayoticSewing

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 12:22:09 AM »
I had sent a personal message via SG and also direct to your email you have on your profile as well. No response. You might want to check both. I bet you'd have a lot of personal messages and emails from quite a few people by now.

Kay

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 07:06:56 PM »
I just checked here and saw your message above only.  There were no personal messages, no emails.
When I try "alt+S to submit", as the site instructs, I get:  ß   Í   

I have never received a PM from those who emailed me that they sent one.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 07:38:46 PM by LyndaC »

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 06:18:52 PM »
Lynda, you don't need to hit "shift+alt+s".  Just type your post and click on the Post button on the lower right hand corner below the post window and your comment will post. You don't need to use the Alt key at all for anything on this site. It's just there for folks who prefer keyboard shortcuts to clicking on a button.

Also, you should remove your email and phone number from your two earlier posts as quickly as possible. Spammers love to get hold of those. It's dangerous to post them in an open forum like this.

Kathryn
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:22:05 PM by fzxdoc »

Offline Diane in WV

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 03:16:24 AM »
Lynda, I sent you a PM just because you said you couldn't get any. Did you get it?
Let's talk about math

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 05:00:42 PM »
It also appears I am not getting the PM's people say they are sending, NOR am I getting emails from this group.  That is why I posted my phone number and email earlier.

I have never been able to post PM's  here.

No, Diane, I did not get a PM from you.

Offline Pina

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2017, 07:32:09 PM »
It also appears I am not getting the PM's people say they are sending, NOR am I getting emails from this group.  That is why I posted my phone number and email earlier.

I have never been able to post PM's  here.

No, Diane, I did not get a PM from you.

LyndaC,you may want to check the settings in your Profile. Click on your Profile at the top on SG,then on Modify Profile. In the drop down box you have a choice to check or uncheck what you like. Click on..............
Account Settings
Forum Profile
Look and Layout
Notifications
Personal Messaging
Buddies/Ignore List

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 07:52:59 PM »
Thanks.   I re-checked the settings.  All appears normal.
Karen and Debbie, no, I did not get a PM from either of you.

I do want to sell this Cover Hem Guide, new in the sealed package.  I do not know what it is worth.
It says the part no. Is 795-839-104.
It says "Instructions inside."
It has never been opened.

If you are interested, please give me an offer, either here on this site or at my personal email:
L.criswell@icloud.com.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 07:54:45 PM by LyndaC »

Offline Diane in WV

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 05:06:27 PM »
Lynda, you are smarter than me. I can send emails...maybe not to you. I have sent emails to people on this list. The problem is one of the following (I'm brainstorming)
1,something wrong with YOUR computer
2, a glitch you have and I don't
3, I have no idea
4, your computer hates you, lets hope not, that's so science fiction
 I can't be a glitch with artisansquare or nobody could send emails, right?
Can you take it to a computer expert and ask maybe? Me, I am NOT a computer expert. If you had a digitizing problem and have Viking software, and even then, I don't know some things.
Let's talk about math

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2017, 08:45:53 PM »
Yes, I can send emails, but I cannot post a photo on this site. 

Meanwhile, I still want this Janome coverhem guide to have a new home.
Part # 795-839-104

I am open to offers for the coverstitch set, with the buyer paying for the shipping.  If I do not get any one who is interested, I will donate it all to Hanna Home or Goodwill.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 11:49:32 PM by LyndaC »

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 01:33:22 PM »
If you are interested in purchasing these, please post here, or send a personal message to me.  LyndaC is having computer troubles.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Are you looking for the perfect buttons?  I just may have them in my Etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 06:34:19 AM »
I have a Janome Coverhem machine I use a lot but no attachments, however I am in the UK so not sure how practical a purchase would be.