Author Topic: Sandbox  (Read 166543 times)

Offline SewingLibrarian

Re: Sandbox
« Reply #385 on: April 10, 2008, 09:21:09 PM »

Offline goodworks1

• V-P of Textile Acquisitions
    • Goodworks1's Notes
« Reply #386 on: April 11, 2008, 01:02:40 AM »
testing profile display changes

Help!

Where do I find the BBC code for adding the link to my blog to my signature line?

I can see the other people's converted to html but am can't find the info in the HELP pages here.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:07:54 AM by goodworks1 »

Offline goodworks1

• Goodworks1's Notes
« Reply #387 on: April 11, 2008, 01:38:43 AM »
Okay, trying just a plain URL link...

Offline goodworks1

• Goodworks1's Notes
« Reply #388 on: April 11, 2008, 01:39:26 AM »
Yippee! Takes care of that!  ;D

Offline Liana

• Administrator
  • Lincoln, Nebraska
    • Sew Intriguing
« Reply #389 on: April 11, 2008, 01:43:09 AM »
Looks like you found it, but here's the Signature Links How To from the FAQ  :)

Offline goodworks1

• Goodworks1's Notes
« Reply #390 on: April 11, 2008, 01:49:50 AM »
Thanks for your super quick response, Liana.

Several years ago when I was one of two community hosts at OTWA (now defunct Online Traders Web Alliance) the code for links in the signatures wasn't the same standard code as the rest of the site  :P , so I was projecting that oddity on the site here, I guess.  :laugh:

And then I knew you had something called a Sandbox, but it took me quite a bit of scrolling around to find it. Yeah, I know, try the SEARCH... duh.  :-[

Thanks again.
Elaine

Offline Claudine

• Photos
« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2008, 06:51:50 PM »
Can people see this photo that I'm linking to?  Apparantly, some people have problems when I put pictures here from my blog.    I can see it, but maybe that's because I'm always logged into blogger. 

EDIT -- Aaah, I see that when I log out of blogger, I can't see the photo any more.  I guess I need a flickr account.

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
  • The Gweat and Tewwible Winged One
    • Your Button Shop
« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2008, 07:00:29 PM »
According ot my computer, the image is not available.  I would guess you're seeing it because it's in your temporary internet files.
Looking for the perfect button?  I may have one in my Etsy shop:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Offline Liana

• Administrator
  • Lincoln, Nebraska
    • Sew Intriguing
« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2008, 07:46:33 PM »
Claudine,  When you post a photo using Blogger, I believe it also gets posted to a hidden (you can see it) album in Picasa Web Albums.  If you go there to link to it, it will link.  There's a little trick to it there as well.  You have to right click on the photo and get the URL from the Properties tab rather than using the URL at the top of the page when you're viewing it, or it will disappear as well.  You may have to make that hidden album public as well, but I'm not sure on that.  I made mine public since I figure anything I post with Blogger isn't exactly a state secret!  ;D

HTH!

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #394 on: April 29, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »
one more time
I refuse to tip toe cautiously thru life only to arrive safely at deaths door.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...  'Oh darn ........ she's awake!!'
Age may wrinkle the face, but lack of enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2008, 05:27:34 PM »
Hi Marciae!

Just thought I'd check in with you and see if you got the result you were looking for... :)

Let me know if I can help... :)

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #396 on: April 29, 2008, 05:31:37 PM »
On this XX%%% new computer there isn't a place to resize the pic - so I emailed it to myself making it smallest!!  Vista is driving me crazy!!  Thanks for checking
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...  'Oh darn ........ she's awake!!'

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #397 on: April 29, 2008, 05:52:13 PM »
On this XX%%% new computer there isn't a place to resize the pic - so I emailed it to myself making it smallest!!  Vista is driving me crazy!!  Thanks for checking

Have you tried using a photohosting site instead?  Many hosting sites will provide a number of different sizes of your image for your use...then you wouldn't need to resize at all! ;)  (and you could also put more than one image into a single post!--and they wouldn't be subject to deletion  :'( after 30 days  :pinkpom:

If you're simply working on uploading as a stopgap (when another, more lasting solution isn't available to you) I believe you should be able to resize using "Windows Photo Gallery Viewer" which is a part of Vista...  (I'm getting a Vista computer, but don't have it yet...so I'm going on what the Microsoft site has to say for itself.  Try going to the Microsoft site ) and then using the search window in the upper right hand corner with "Vista resize images" )

Let me know what you get!

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #398 on: April 29, 2008, 07:41:03 PM »
I did put some photos on photoshop - can see them but need to re-read as to how to post them.  I'm feeling totally overwhelmed with all the new computer type things I'm doing at the moment - computer/digital camera and Sewing Machine!!

Vista really isn't bad - and this new computer is soooooo fast - I also use a Verizon wireless connection.

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #399 on: April 29, 2008, 10:15:05 PM »
I did put some photos on photoshop - can see them but need to re-read as to how to post them.  I'm feeling totally overwhelmed with all the new computer type things I'm doing at the moment - computer/digital camera and Sewing Machine!!

Vista really isn't bad - and this new computer is soooooo fast - I also use a Verizon wireless connection.

Sounds like you have too much going at the same time...(and everybody says its "easy" ??? ::))  Let me make some suggestions to make this easier. 

1.  Pick two pictures on your computer that you'd like to have in one of your posts.  Don't bother to resize here.  If you're going to crop, color adjust or whatever in photoshop, go ahead and do it now.  When they're the way you want them whether or not you did anything in photoshop...keep track of where they are on your computer (on the desktop, in "my photos" or whatever).   

2.  Go to www.photobucket.com in a separate tab or window and join--it's free.  Click the "Choose Files" blue button and navigate to one of the two pictures you'd like to include.  When it's been uploaded, you'll be able to see your picture and you'll have a chance to add a title, a  description and any "tag" you want to apply to the image.  When you'lve done that (or decided that you don't want to add a title, etc., click the sentence in blue above the image that says "Skip this step now." 

This will make this image available to be added to one of your posts.  Repeat, step # 2 until all of the images you want to include have been uploaded. 

3.  You'll see a small version of your pictures.  Go to the 1st one you want to include in your post, and click the "IMG Code" below that picture, and it will pop up a little caption that says "copied", then go to the spot in the posting/editing window for your post and while holding the "CTRL" key down, click the letter "V", which will add the image to your post. Go back to the photobucket site and do the same thing with the 2nd image.

I've added a copy of a picture of a comic and of a shirt as an example  

That's it.  You don't need to resize unless you want to using this method.  Your pictures will stay on the site until the thread is archived off.

HTH! ;) ;D

Lisa

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #400 on: April 29, 2008, 10:57:04 PM »
trying
     jeans

jeans

1 2 3 4 5 6 of 6 

dogs 003.jpg
Apr 14, 2008

P1000039.JPG
Apr 14, 2008

P1000040.JPG
Apr 14, 2008

jeans bacl.JPG
Apr 28, 2008

me&jeffie 002.JPG
Apr 28, 2008

me&jeffie 003.JPG
Apr 28, 2008 

Download this picture    Play as slideshow
Auto Advance:
 off Slow Medium Fast    View Photos Larger 

Size Price QTY
3.5x5 $0.19 
4x6 $0.19 
Wallet(4) $0.99 
5x7 $0.99 
8x10 $2.99 
8x12 $2.99 
11x14 $9.95 
12x18 $10.95 
16x20 $17.95 
20x30 $23.95 
24x36 $34.95 

Finish:   Glossy Matte 

Crop if needed 
  Add White Borders

http://www.photoworks.com/albums/pictures.jsp;jsessionid=995C4D8CD9CBE06C954E215B4341A5E5?id=43956144&cb=PW&toh=&svr=web31#

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #401 on: April 29, 2008, 11:02:41 PM »
dogs 003.jpg

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #402 on: April 29, 2008, 11:27:53 PM »
dogs 003.jpg

This was the file name of the image in your PhotoWorks account, but not the web address (or URL) of the image that has that name.  Click on the image to bring up the larger version on this picture.  Then right-click on the image and choose "Properties", then put your cursor on "addess (URL), the hold down the "CRTL" key and then the letter "A" key.  This will copy the entire address.  Go back to your Stitcher's Guild editing/posting window, and click the second button in the second row above (it looks like a little framed picture).  This will put
Code: [Select]
[img][/img] in your post.  Then put your cursor between the "]" and the "[" and hold down the "CTRL" key and then hit the letter "V" key.  This will paste the address you copied in the middle of the code.  What you have will look like this:

[img]http://www.photoworks.com/servlet/GetThumb;jsessionid=995C4D8CD9CBE06C954E215B4341A5E5?488860098,300x400,0,0,null&cb=PW&toh=&svr=web31[/img]
which will look like this

assuming that your photohosting site allows direct linking...this image will stay.  If they don't, then the image will be replaced with a "red-x in a box".

Does that help any?  (hope, hope, hope...)

Lisa

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #403 on: April 29, 2008, 11:45:43 PM »

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 11:49:11 PM by marciae »

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #404 on: April 29, 2008, 11:50:09 PM »
Well I'm getting closer!!  Just can't get the redX to open!!

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #405 on: April 29, 2008, 11:51:06 PM »
trying again

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #406 on: April 29, 2008, 11:55:33 PM »

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #407 on: April 30, 2008, 12:05:38 AM »

Hi Marciae, I think you're using the web address from the page where you view the large image (what your browser shows as the address)...instead of the url for the image on that page (which you find by right-clicking on the actual image itself.)  These are different, and I think that's why you're not getting what you're looking for.

Here's the code for the image itself (if you copy and paste this into your web browser, you'll get only the image (not the page where you found the image))  This is the code you want to use to put the image in your post:
http://www.photoworks.com/servlet/GetThumb;jsessionid=995C4D8CD9CBE06C954E215B4341A5E5?488860098,300x400,0,0,null&cb=PW&toh=&svr=web31
Here's what you were using:

http://www.photoworks.com/util/slideShow.jsp;jsessionid=995C4D8CD9CBE06C954E215B4341A5E5?stackID=43956144&cb=PW&toh=&svr=web31&showShare=true&showPrints=true&showBooks=true&title=View%20Large%20Photo&startIndex=0
which, if used in a browser, will take you to the page where the image is...but since it is the address for the page (but not the image),  you'll always get a "red-x in a box" if you try to use this as an image address.

HTH (but let me know if you have questions...I'll just keep following along ;) )

Lisa 

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #408 on: April 30, 2008, 02:25:19 AM »
Lisa - I did go to properties as you said - copied or whatever - can't remember exactly what I did - BUT I followed your directions - or so I thought!  I also tried clicking on the add at the top of the picture.  I'll play again - I've had some wine - so maybe I won't be sooo uptight and feel so stupid!! ;D

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #409 on: April 30, 2008, 02:33:07 AM »

[
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:39:20 AM by marciae »

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #410 on: April 30, 2008, 02:42:00 AM »
OK - should I be using something other than photoworks????  Surely I can't be this "thick" can I??

Offline Liana

• Administrator
  • Lincoln, Nebraska
    • Sew Intriguing
« Reply #411 on: April 30, 2008, 03:46:01 AM »
marciae,  From looking at PhotoWorks and what's happening with the photos that were showing up here in the Sandbox, I think PhotoWorks does not support your sharing your photos anywhere but on their own website, except for a very short time.  The links you have here now say that your session has timed out.

Why don't you try PhotoBucket, which makes it really, really easy.  It's free and there are quite a few members here who use it.  Lisa has a link in one of her posts to you. 

HTH! :)

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #412 on: April 30, 2008, 01:15:54 PM »
Thanks - I'll try something else.  However, I was just trying to load a vogue pic and it didn't go either.  More coffee!!  I AM going to conquer this!! :o

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #413 on: April 30, 2008, 01:28:47 PM »
[
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 01:31:41 PM by marciae »

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #414 on: April 30, 2008, 01:32:37 PM »
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 01:36:39 PM by marciae »

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #415 on: April 30, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »
http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V1054.htm?search=1054&page=1

[img]http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V1054.htm?search=1054&page=1[/im

http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V1054.htm?search=1054&page=1

OK - I give up - I'm off to the shower - TOTALLY and completely frustrated!!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 01:50:22 PM by marciae »

Offline Liana

• Administrator
  • Lincoln, Nebraska
    • Sew Intriguing
« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2008, 02:24:42 PM »
Okay marciae,  I think I see your problem.  Two of them actually, but the main problem is that you're not doing what Lisa said, and clicking on the photo you want to copy and using the Properties of it.  You're using the URL for the entire page you're looking at.  You must put your cursor right on the photo you want, and right click and get the properties of the photo itself.  If it doesn't end in .jpg it's probably not correct. 

Here's what you have.  (Your ending image tag [/img] is half gone too, so it wouldn't work even if it was the correct URL.) As you can see it is not a .jpg and when you have it in your post without the image tags, the board reads it as a link to a web page, which it is.  It will take us to the pattern you're referencing, on the Vogue site, but it won't post the photo.

Take a look at the code you had (first line below) which got you the dreaded red x in the box.  Then the code I used (second code line below) and the results I got (photo).  You can see the difference in what we posted.  HTH!  :)

[img]http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V1054.htm?search=1054&page=1[/im

Here's what I used.

[img]http://img.sewingtoday.com/cat/20000/itm_img/V1054.jpg[/img]

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2008, 03:13:49 PM »

[img]http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V1054.htm?search=1054&page=1[/img

Liana - I can see the jpg when I r click on properties - I've tried putting my cursor on that add - not the url - and do a ctrlA - I've tried the url - I can 'see' what you posted - but when I come back to this page and do the ctrl V - I get what's above???  I even tried to copy and paste - I know I'm overlooking something - but what??

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:18:54 PM by marciae »

Offline Liana

• Administrator
  • Lincoln, Nebraska
    • Sew Intriguing
« Reply #418 on: April 30, 2008, 03:52:27 PM »
You're copying what I had in my post that I copied from your previous post, that doesn't work.  Try copying the second line of code from my post and put that in a post and try it. 

Then go to the Vogue page and click on the photo and get the Properties and see if they match what I had (ends with .jpg). 

When you say you put your cursor on the add, do you mean the address?  On the little Properties pop-up?  If you're not getting the same thing I am, with the .jpg at the end, you've got the wrong address.  If you click right on the photo, you should get the right address.  Don't click on any of the words near it, and don't Ctrl A.  That may be getting you the properties of the whold page (the A, or All, of the Ctrl A).

Try, try again?  ???   :-*

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #419 on: April 30, 2008, 03:57:27 PM »
I'm going to the vogue site - I right click on the pics - it brings up properties - I see that the add is exactly like what you have  HOW do I get that add to paste here?  I'll try again

Didn't work - nothing posts when I put the cursor between the  box below

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics