Author Topic: Flirt Skirt by Pamela Howard  (Read 3294 times)

Offline CassandraW

Flirt Skirt by Pamela Howard
« on: September 08, 2007, 03:13:14 PM »
I've had this Flirt Skirt pattern quite a long time and finally got around to making it.  It's by Pamela Howard; here's her link:  http://www.pamelascouturecloset.com/patterns.htm
I found out about this website/pattern because Nancy Erickson had mentioned Pamela's Boot Camp in her newsletter.  I believe Pamela uses Nancy's pattern in her Boot Camp Tailoring Seminar.

I am so pleased with this skirt!!  It goes together quickly and the fishtail hem is so cute.  It has very easy-to-read instructions and it could be used as a quick wardrobe builder.  I plan to make several!

Has anyone else made this skirt?

Cassie

Offline Towanda

• Baltimore , Maryland
    • Life is sew sew good
Re: Flirt Skirt by Pamela Howard
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 04:02:16 PM »
The pattern did not come in my size so I made up my version.The skirt is really feminine and swishy. It does need a soft fabric to work. I used a straight skirt pattern and the tissue pattern from the LH gore skirt pattern. I traced the gore pattern piece and taped it to the back skirt pattern tissue.  I pegged the sides of the skirt so it was more slimming. The only change that I would make is to lower the fishtail so the skirt has more curve at the hem and make the skirt shorter.
http://lifeissewsewgood.blogspot.com/
Happiness is an endless fabric budget

Offline Ann C

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 04:50:53 AM »
I've made the skirt and simply love it!  Sorry to say it doesn't look as good on me as it did on Pam - don't have her fabulous shape - but I do love it none the less!  I saw it on her at the Atlanta expo before she had the pattern out and bugged her about it at the time.  I don't suppose I'll ever forget seeing her in it - one of those times when you see something - just the way she turned to get on the escalator - and that flippy little part in the back!  A one of a kind thing - but really simple to make.  You're right, Towanda, it does need a soft, drapey type of fabric.  Perfect in some of the softer knit fabrics.  The pattern needs to be seen made up to really appreciate the look! :eyelashes:

Offline M.Lynn

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:35:03 PM »
I have made this skirt a ton of times. My favorite was using Christine Jonson's Icicle Knit. It has shimmery sparkles and I made it for New Years Eve. Then I had a theater opening to attend and pulled it out in HOT July. The flow of the skirt when you walk is fabulous.

It is a cunning skirt. When you stand still it looks normal. When you walk, the back flows behind you saying "The Queen has Arrived and she looks really great."
Third star on the right and straight on to Morning..........(Directions to Neverland)

Offline Queenie

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »
I made this skirt this week end and wore it to work today.  Everyone loved the way it floats when you turn around and walk away!  I made it out of a soft semi sheer floral from Textile Studios -- it definitely needs a soft fabric.
Dotty

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics