Author Topic: Embroidery Journal  (Read 5495 times)

Offline judith

Embroidery Journal
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:25:33 PM »
Yesterday I received a letter from some outfit that have apparently bought embroidery journal. Their letter started off saying how I was a subscriber to embroidery journal, and wouldn't I just be thrilled to know that they were now making embroidery journal a regular part of their magazine.

Not.

I tried to be a subscriber to embroidery journal. I sent them money. And boy oh boy did I ever send them a lot of emails. And letters.  In return, they sent me the same magazine 5 times (yup, 5 - I ordered and paid for it as a back-issue, and then they kept sending it to me as  a "gift" ), and they made lots of promises. Finally, when I threatened bbb and credit card company, they sent a refund cheque. And a promise of a "free" subscription that of course never materialized (except in the form of that 5th copy of the same old magazine). Our relationship lasted 6 months. All I ever received was that same magazine over and over.

I'm sorry this company has invested in such a dud. But I sure don't like that embroidery journal probalby included their eroneous subscription list as part of their sale price, including my name and address.

Yes, I did contact the new company and tell them all of this.

I'm just venting.
Most people are as happy as they allow themselves to be. (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline Liana

• Administrator
  • Lincoln, Nebraska
    • Sew Intriguing
Re: Embroidery Journal
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:05:30 PM »
As a come-on, the new company will probably send out a free copy.....of the same magazine!  You may yet be getting #6!   ;D

I remember you had a lot of trouble with them.  Hope this new group turns out to be better at whatever it is they're doing.  They could hardly be worse. ::) 

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics Cutting Line Designs Patterns
The Smuggler's Daughter Fabric Buttons Patterns Style Arc Sewing Patterns Sailrite Home Sewing Catalog
Sewing Made Easy with the Lutterloh System Thread Theory Advertise on SG! It's Easy!