Author Topic: Embroidery Journal  (Read 4631 times)

Offline judith

Embroidery Journal
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:25:33 PM »
Yesterday I received a letter from some outfit that have apparently bought embroidery journal. Their letter started off saying how I was a subscriber to embroidery journal, and wouldn't I just be thrilled to know that they were now making embroidery journal a regular part of their magazine.

Not.

I tried to be a subscriber to embroidery journal. I sent them money. And boy oh boy did I ever send them a lot of emails. And letters.  In return, they sent me the same magazine 5 times (yup, 5 - I ordered and paid for it as a back-issue, and then they kept sending it to me as  a "gift" ), and they made lots of promises. Finally, when I threatened bbb and credit card company, they sent a refund cheque. And a promise of a "free" subscription that of course never materialized (except in the form of that 5th copy of the same old magazine). Our relationship lasted 6 months. All I ever received was that same magazine over and over.

I'm sorry this company has invested in such a dud. But I sure don't like that embroidery journal probalby included their eroneous subscription list as part of their sale price, including my name and address.

Yes, I did contact the new company and tell them all of this.

I'm just venting.
Most people are as happy as they allow themselves to be. (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline Liana

• Administrator
  • Lincoln, Nebraska
    • Sew Intriguing
Re: Embroidery Journal
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:05:30 PM »
As a come-on, the new company will probably send out a free copy.....of the same magazine!  You may yet be getting #6!   ;D

I remember you had a lot of trouble with them.  Hope this new group turns out to be better at whatever it is they're doing.  They could hardly be worse. ::) 

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics Your Button Shop