Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 17511 times)

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2017, 03:04:52 AM »
I'm sorry to add to your plate Dragon Lady. 
I was on the thread "One Pattern Many Possibilities" and wanted to insert a quote.  I accidentally hit the modify and it opened up the post- like it was mine. 
I haven't "experimented" with this, but thought it was important to let you know.
Also:
I was posting on another thread and wanted to insert a quote I read on this thread (a one page thread) but when I was posting and looking for the persons post to insert, it didn't show the whole page of posts. In Fashion Style Wardrobe/ Garment Sewing Style Inspiration Resources.
TIA
Syndi

Syndi, I've started a new topic in the sandbox.  Would you please see if you can modify it?  If so, change my words to whatever you'd like, just so I can tell you were there.

I suspect the board will tell you "nice try" or something like that, but just in case.....
The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

======================

Check out my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons & other craft supplies:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Offline Syndi

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2017, 03:18:38 AM »
Hi DL- I didn't see your post in the sandbox- but the problem seems to have been fixed.  I don't see this problem- the "modify" on another's post - on the board I was on, or on other threads  ???  Must have been a weird glitch.  Thanks for responding......maybe some fairy dust floating around here for you :)

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2017, 03:23:39 AM »
Hi DL- I didn't see your post in the sandbox- but the problem seems to have been fixed.  I don't see this problem- the "modify" on another's post - on the board I was on, or on other threads  ???  Must have been a weird glitch.  Thanks for responding......maybe some fairy dust floating around here for you :)

I went and thumped on it. 

There's been so much work done, and so many files changed and rechanged and changed back again that stuff is getting really dizzy. :(
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

======================

Offline Ann

• Subscribed Member
    • Everything Sewing
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2017, 01:07:37 PM »
I'll add to the problem. I still can't do a message and now it won't let me post to the decluttering thread. I'm going to log out and try to post again and see if it works.

Ann
Education is a journey not a race.

http://everythingsewing.blogspot.ca/

Offline Ann

• Subscribed Member
    • Everything Sewing
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2017, 01:10:00 PM »
I logged out and signed on again. It let me post to the decluttering thread but still won't let me send a message.

Added
It won't let me post on the Doll thread. I logged out and it still wouldn't let me post.
Ann
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:54:19 PM by Ann »

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »
 I absolutely cannot figure out what is causing that, and it is driving me bonkers. >:(

======================

======================

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2017, 12:05:15 AM »
I absolutely cannot figure out what is causing that, and it is driving me bonkers. >:(

Slightly diferent permissions for members than on "classic"...this allows members to "modify replies to own topics," which explains some, but not all. 

Lisa

Offline Ann

• Subscribed Member
    • Everything Sewing
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2017, 12:14:26 AM »
I can send a message but still can't post on the doll thread.

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2017, 01:58:44 AM »

Slightly diferent permissions for members than on "classic"...this allows members to "modify replies to own topics," which explains some, but not all. 

Lisa

Really? I just looked at that last night and missed it? That needs fixed.

======================

======================

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2017, 02:13:12 AM »
I've tightened up all the permissions a little bit.

I hate being restrictive, but I do suspect they may be at the root of some of our issues, though certainly not all of them.  The biggest problems have nothing to do with board settings as far as I can tell.

======================

======================

Offline Doris W. in TN

« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2017, 03:53:41 AM »
I went back into the "Profile-MODIFY"  tab  and futzed around with the settings and I think I've got it somehow fixed that I no longer get emails when a topic I've visited gets a new post.  Yay!  8)

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2017, 03:57:40 AM »
lol

Yeah, that setting can be really convenient, or really annoying.

======================

======================

Manuela in Hong Kong

« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2017, 03:50:39 PM »
On the positive side, I don't get the 'forbidden eroor' anymore when trying to post more than 3 images (via Flickr).  :)

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2017, 10:32:05 PM »
On the positive side, I don't get the 'forbidden eroor' anymore when trying to post more than 3 images (via Flickr).  :)

It hasn't happened to me for a couple of days, either.

Dare I hope we've actually fixed it?  :o

======================

======================

Offline sdBev

• Subscribed Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2017, 01:35:18 PM »
Cr@p.  I just typed a long reply about 7 lines using my IPAD IOS 1.02.  Clicked preview to check spelling. Got forbidden message. Tried again. Same.  So read carefully and pressed post. FORBIDDEN.  Was able to selct all and copy. Returned to the thread and pressed Reply.  Cant paste. Suspect the last part is an IPAD problem but between the two Im hopping around hollaring crp crp crp
sdBev
sdBev.wordpress.com

Offline Pina

« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2017, 05:25:33 PM »
Cr@p.  I just typed a long reply about 7 lines using my IPAD IOS 1.02.  Clicked preview to check spelling. Got forbidden message. Tried again. Same.  So read carefully and pressed post. FORBIDDEN.  Was able to selct all and copy. Returned to the thread and pressed Reply.  Cant paste. Suspect the last part is an IPAD problem but between the two Im hopping around hollaring crp crp crp

Bev,I don't have an iPad,(only a PC),and get "forbidden" when I post embroidery designs,or only comments. Sometimes I can post only one link,other times more than one link,or I have to remove one link,then the "forbidden" disappears. I still have three freebie links I couldn't post.

Offline Doris W. in TN

« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2017, 05:55:55 PM »
Something I have noticed on my iPad, with the " reloaded" version of this site, is that I have to sign in every three or four weeks. I have no idea why or what is signing me out. Only on my iPad. No probs with  Win7 OS desktop.

Offline sdBev

• Subscribed Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2017, 06:03:01 PM »
Something I have noticed on my iPad, with the " reloaded" version of this site, is that I have to sign in every three or four weeks. I have no idea why or what is signing me out. Only on my iPad. No probs with  Win7 OS desktop.
I notice that when  I access my Win8 desktop then go back to the IPAD, I'm logged out. Don't know why because I set both to always stay logged in and I use Chrome on the Win8 and Safari at the IPAD.  The two should not be communicating. I think it is an IPAD thing though because I have the same issue with Netflix.  Access from the IPAD and all of a sudden the TV has to reverify login. When IPADs are good, they are very good. When they're bad they are crp crp crp.
sdBev
sdBev.wordpress.com

Offline Pina

« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2017, 08:05:06 PM »
After reading "forbidden" I posted only one embroidery link. When I wanted to post comments and the other embroidery links I read......The last posting from your IP was less than 15 seconds ago. Please try again later. The second try I read ...........An Error Has Occurred !
You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page. 

Not ! I waited 1 minute and could post again.  ;)

Offline sdBev

• Subscribed Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2017, 10:09:44 PM »
After reading "forbidden" I posted only one embroidery link. When I wanted to post comments and the other embroidery links I read......The last posting from your IP was less than 15 seconds ago. Please try again later. The second try I read ...........An Error Has Occurred !
You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page. 

Not ! I waited 1 minute and could post again.  ;)
Morale of the story is "There are still some bugs running around." You know, even if DL solved them all today, tomorrow a new batch would hatch?
sdBev
sdBev.wordpress.com

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2017, 11:37:04 PM »
You know, even if DL solved them all today, tomorrow a new batch would hatch?

Yep.  Solve one, gain five.... At least the current crop are just annoying; they don't really pose any risks or long-term problems.

I notice that when  I access my Win8 desktop then go back to the IPAD, I'm logged out.

It's not a bug; it's a feature!*

Your logged in status is determined by your cookies.  When you log in here, it writes to the cookie on  your desktop, and updates your status here.

When you login on your phone, or laptop or any other computer, it writes to the cookie on that machine and updates your status.

This prevents someone from being logged in on several different devices because it has so many problems in the past.

Something I have noticed on my iPad, with the " reloaded" version of this site, is that I have to sign in every three or four weeks.

I would guess the cookies are being deleted.  Some "cleaner" programs do it automatically at regular intervals, others do it when they update, others just don't keep a large cache of them and overwrite older ones when the cache is full. 

*I've always wanted to say that. :)

======================

======================

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2017, 11:37:52 PM »

You know, even if DL solved them all today, tomorrow a new batch would hatch?

Yep.  Solve one, gain five.... At least the current crop are just annoying; they don't really pose any risks or long-term problems.

I notice that when  I access my Win8 desktop then go back to the IPAD, I'm logged out.

It's not a bug; it's a feature!*

Your logged in status is determined by your cookies.  When you log in here, it writes to the cookie on  your desktop, and updates your status here.

When you login on your phone, or laptop or any other computer, it writes to the cookie on that machine and updates your status.

This prevents someone from being logged in on several different devices because it has caused so many problems in the past.

Something I have noticed on my iPad, with the " reloaded" version of this site, is that I have to sign in every three or four weeks.

I would guess the cookies are being deleted.  Some "cleaner" programs do it automatically at regular intervals, others do it when they update, others just don't keep a large cache of them and overwrite older ones when the cache is full. 

*I've always wanted to say that. :)

======================

======================

Offline WendyW

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2017, 02:53:45 AM »
New topic: a friend who has previously been a member here contacted me with this question- "I've been trying to register on Artisan Square, Stitchers Guild. It keeps giving me an error on the challenge word. I can't ask a question since I'm no longer a member. Have you heard about anyone else having this problem?"

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2017, 03:25:15 AM »
New topic: a friend who has previously been a member here contacted me with this question- "I've been trying to register on Artisan Square, Stitchers Guild. It keeps giving me an error on the challenge word. I can't ask a question since I'm no longer a member. Have you heard about anyone else having this problem?"

It's a robot trap.  In the final question, a word is misspelled, and needs to be typed in correctly.

If you follow the directions as written, it assumes you're a robot, and returns an error.

If you follow the directions intuitively, it recognizes you're a person and lets you in.

Sadly, if I post the  answer here, it will probably get programmed into spambots of all kinds, and so stop working.

That said, anyone having trouble should just email me, and I'll walk them through it.

dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

======================

Offline margyh

• Subscribed Member
    • A Fool 4 Fabric
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2017, 11:40:49 PM »
 I got the same "Forbidden" when I tried to post. Lisa told me to break up my post into smaller segments...I did and it worked. Thanks, Lisa!

Offline daisy

« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2017, 07:48:32 PM »

It's a robot trap.  In the final question, a word is misspelled, and needs to be typed in correctly.

If you follow the directions as written, it assumes you're a robot, and returns an error.

If you follow the directions intuitively, it recognizes you're a person and lets you in.

Sadly, if I post the  answer here, it will probably get programmed into spambots of all kinds, and so stop working.

That said, anyone having trouble should just email me, and I'll walk them through it.

dl@artisanssquare.com

Just FYI.  I know DragonLady says it's "intuitive" but it wasn't for me.  I kept making the same mistake over and over and could not figure out that I was typing the answer wrong.  I guess I'm not that bright..... :'(  The only way I got in was someone had to tell me the right answer.  Then I felt really dumb.   I'm probably not typical but if she still has a problem, go ahead and contact DragonLady. 

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2017, 08:40:17 PM »

dl@artisanssquare.com

Just FYI.  I know DragonLady says it's "intuitive" but it wasn't for me.  I kept making the same mistake over and over and could not figure out that I was typing the answer wrong.  I guess I'm not that bright..... :'(  The only way I got in was someone had to tell me the right answer.  Then I felt really dumb.   I'm probably not typical but if she still has a problem, go ahead and contact DragonLady.

Not dumb, Daisy!  You have the right mindset for great proofreading! (which is something most people have to work on. ;) ;D)

Lisa

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2017, 12:01:59 PM »
DragonLady, I have found why I have gotten the Forbidden error for something I was trying to post since last night.
Here's the post: http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php?topic=652.msg14696#msg14696

Here is what I found (copied from my ETA to that post)

*ETA: When I first tried to post this last night, I kept getting the Forbidden error. I tried on iPad, PC and Mac. Same error. Today I have figured out that what gives me the error is that I was posting the name of the medication that our friend was put on. Whenever that word is in the post, the error occurs. So I'm going to try to post it using a "1" for the "l": G1eevec is the medication that he was put on. He had an amazing response with no side effects that we could notice or he would speak of. It is heartwarming to see how well he is doing.

Best wishes,
Kathryn

So is there a list of forbidden words that are possibly connected to the Forbidden error? Why would that one word cause the error?

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2017, 12:05:20 PM »
To eliminate the possibility that there was some glitch in the topic itself that I had trouble posting on, I just tried to post the name of that medication here in this post and got the Forbidden error again.

It only posts if I substitute a number in the medicine's name for a letter. (1 substituted for l (small l) ) G1eevec.

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2017, 05:00:58 PM »
wow.

I just tried it, and also the forbidden error.

I'll look into it.

======================

======================

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2017, 05:05:52 PM »
Oxycodone

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2017, 05:08:19 PM »
V1agra

======================

======================

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2017, 05:10:10 PM »
Yep.....

Prescription drug names certainly seem to have a link to the issue.

I'll speak to our hosts, and find out if this may have something to do with an anti-spam filter.

======================

======================

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2017, 05:46:53 PM »
When I originally posted just the word Ox1codone, it went thru without any issue.  I then attempted to modify the post and then received the forbidden error. 

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2017, 06:29:14 PM »
I'm gonna cry if after all these hundreds of hours of bug-searching and testing and code checking the problem turns out to be a faulty spam filter. 

Really.

Just gonna lock myself in the closet and bawl for an hour.

======================

======================