Author Topic: Embroidery Journal Magazine  (Read 3729 times)

Offline judith

Embroidery Journal Magazine
« on: June 14, 2006, 02:04:36 PM »
Has anyone else had a problem with this magazine? I bought a subscription, directly from them, in January, as well as a back issue. I've received three copies of the back issue, but not a single magazine from the subscription. When I contact them by email, I get an auto reply, and nothing else. I sent a fax, and that generated apologies, and another copy of the back issue. I sent another fax, and that resulted in an email saying they would refund my subscription. That was in early May. Still nothing. I will send another fax today (having tried twice to send an email with nothing but an auto reply), but I wonder is this outfit legitimate? I notice they are in Arizona and will try the BBB there today as well.

As it turns out, looking at the back issue that they keep sending me, I'm not sure I'm that impressed with the magazine anyway. But I really do have a problem with a business that does not respond.
Most people are as happy as they allow themselves to be. (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline judith

Re: Embroidery Journal Magazine
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 01:02:35 AM »
In fairness, thought I better update. I received a reply to my fax - they seem to reply to faxes, but not to emails, except that annoying auto response. They say that my refund was mailed two days ago. I will post back if I actually receive it.

Offline Liana

• Administrator
  • Lincoln, Nebraska
    • Sew Intriguing
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 03:01:43 AM »
Glad to hear you at least got a positive reply in some fashion.  Strange that they don't really answer emails.  I haven't heard of this magazine, but thanks for the heads-up! :)

Offline SuziQz

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 05:31:18 AM »
I've read a lot of complaints on other boards about not getting the magazine in a timely fashion or not getting it at all. 

Offline LindaL

• Danvillegirl Sewing Diary
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 12:17:41 AM »
Unfortunately I have not heard any positive comments about this magazine.  As a result I chose not to order a subscription.  Judtih you seem to experience what I have heard about them.
"Change is the only constant thing in life"
http://danvillegirl.blogspot.com

Offline judith

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 10:34:03 PM »
Update - I have finally received my refund cheque. The company also said they would give me a complimentary subscription for my trouble. I haven't seen any magazines, though, and don't expect to in the future. It's okay, the one magazine that they sent me over and over and over didn't impress me at all.

Offline LindaL

• Danvillegirl Sewing Diary
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 12:55:22 PM »
Update - I have finally received my refund cheque. The company also said they would give me a complimentary subscription for my trouble. I haven't seen any magazines, though, and don't expect to in the future. It's okay, the one magazine that they sent me over and over and over didn't impress me at all.

Glad you got your refund. 
"Change is the only constant thing in life"
http://danvillegirl.blogspot.com

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics