Author Topic: New Brother ScanNCut Cutting Machine  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Pina

New Brother ScanNCut Cutting Machine
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:56:04 AM »
Hi,I read,the world's first home and hobby cutting machine with a built-in scanner will be available this October.If anyone likes to be the first to know what makes this machine a cut above the rest,and learn more about the Brother™ ScanNCut,please click here and sign up.

I found this ScanNCut machine description online here ;D ........

The ScanNCut is the world's first home and hobby cutting machine with built in scanner gives you the ability to scan almost anything you can get your hands on and place into the machine to cut out.  Developed with the advanced, cutting-edge technology the Brother is known for, this machine is truly an incredible innovation in electronic cutting machines.

What makes the ScanNCut a cut above the rest?
300 DPI Built-In Scanner--Scan virtually anything--a handmade drawing, a magazine clipping, cherished photos, and more--and save to your USB for future use.  Or, scan the image to create endless cut designs and save to the machine's memory. Never buy a cartridge again

Scan-to-Cut--Scan an image into memory, then edit it on the LCD display.  ScanNCut will create cut lines automatically, then cut the design on your material of choice.

840 Built-In Designs, Including Quilt and Applique Patterns--Select one of the 840 designs, edit to your liking, and then have it cut out on your material of choice.

Fabric Cut--Select a built-in design or one you've scanned in and cut fabric for sewing, quilting, and applique.  Allows for seam allowance.

Direct-to-Cut--Scan the image with the 300 DPI built-in scanner, then directly cut your material with a single pass.

Pen Draw--Automatically draw your selected built-in or scanned design on fabric or your material of choice. For quilters, select the seam allowance to cut out the variety of fabrics you'll be piecing together.More in the link.  ;)  (On Wednesday, January 09, 2013,an European community trademark registration was filed for ScanNCut by Brother Industries,Ltd,link;)  Edited to add,pictures of the new Brother CM550DX ScanNCut home and hobby cutting machine can be seen here.

What do you think,is the new Brother™ ScanNCut machine the biggest advancement in cutting since scissors ?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:30:33 AM by Pina »

Offline ejvc

• Plan-bot on the loose
  • Me about age 2
    • The Fabulous Dr E's Fabulous Blog
Re: New Brother ScanNCut Cutting Machine
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »
Possibly, providing that everything you want to cut is less than 12" x 24"

Still, quite cool.
My blog is at http://ejvc.wordpress.com

Sewing and machine knitting in Karlstad, Sweden!

Offline SuziQz

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 04:09:25 PM »
I think it is cool, but I'm still waiting for the machine that will lest me pick a clothing style, scan me, then cut out a pattern that will fit me perfectly.   ;)

Offline BeeBee

• A Million Litte Threads
    • Pastiche
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »
I think it is cool, but I'm still waiting for the machine that will lest me pick a clothing style, scan me, then cut out a pattern that will fit me perfectly.   ;)
I was kind of hoping for the machine that would scan me and alter me to fit back into the out-of-the-envelope size 6 I used to be  ;D

Offline Cocokat

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
I was kind of hoping for the machine that would scan me and alter me to fit back into the out-of-the-envelope size 6 I used to be  ;D

Oooo, I think your onto something!
Beebee, could it do chores and run errands too?...You know while we sew  ;)
Heather

Offline BeeBee

• A Million Litte Threads
    • Pastiche
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 08:09:54 PM »

Oooo, I think your onto something!
Beebee, could it do chores and run errands too?...You know while we sew  ;)
Yes, it would even fold the laundry and empty the dishwasher. 

Offline granmomus

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 04:00:00 AM »
I just saw the brother Cameo at a sewing expo & I thought that was the latest thing, wow was I wrong. For that one you need a CD of designs that you send to the machine & it cuts, the fabric had to be on some type of sticky film also. And was mainly for applique designs. It was tempting for a short while when I watched the demo then kicked myself because it has been at least 10 yrs since I even wanted to do applique. On the other hand I am a sucker for all the demo's at sewing expos, most of the time common sense kicks before I hand over my credit card.  But I think it would be the ultimate for those who enjoy applique.
I wonder how much this Scan N Cut will cost?
I did just buy the Brother upgrade kit so that will be the end of my buying for awhile.
Maire

Offline Pina

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 01:45:19 AM »
Brother ScanNCut Crafter introduction video.Learn all about the world's first home and hobby cutting machine with a built-in scanner.The ScanNCut machine helps raise your creativity, allowing you to create a signature project – that is yours alone.

The secret to ScanNCut's amazing versatility lies in the 300 DPI built-in scanner. Only ScanNCut can take an image, photo or hand drawn sketch, scan it, and allow you to precisely cut the shapes or outlines you want. Now the only thing limiting your cutting creativity is your imagination,prices start as low as $399,more here.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:46:52 AM by Pina »

Offline adamc

• No Dogs on the Couch ! I mean it ! Off !
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 02:06:58 PM »
it looks like a cool gadget......

DD and DW wanted a cricket two years ago...
how ever with the amount of $$$ I spent buying a cricket, all the doo-dads, cutter heads, cartidges
It does not seem to get much usage....
I don't think there will be one in our house for a while

Are there any 'custom' shpe cartridges for the cricket ?

I would like to try to do some engineering symbols , that I could draw or scan in..via the laptop.
( not the cupcakes and puppies that come in the machine  :)    )
----------------------------------------------------------
The Trouble with Doing Nothing,
Is that you can't tell if you are finished.

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »
Adamc
I've watched the videos with interest, but like you I purchased something similar else last year (Silhouette Cameo) and don't think it is used enough to justify buying another.

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics