Author Topic: Deco 600 Making Huge Noise  (Read 445 times)

Offline mlsa

Deco 600 Making Huge Noise
« on: February 03, 2013, 11:26:07 AM »
Good Morning Ladies

I have a question for you.  I have a Deco 600 which I've used for years and love it.  I'm embroidering some lace butterflies for a baby quilt I'm making.  My thread got caught on the thread holder and broke the needle.  I changed out the needle and it's now making a horrible noise like something is hitting something else.

I don't think the needle is hitting the hole that goes into the bobbin case and I looked inside to see if I could see it hitting anything.  I'm going to take the bobbin case apart after church today and check inside.

Any suggestions?  If not I guess it goes into the shop.

Thanks

David

Offline Pina

Re: Deco 600 Making Huge Noise
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 12:16:01 PM »
Hi David,I'm very sorry about the problem with your Deco 600 embroidery machine !

I'm not familiar with your Deco 600,I read online noise could be a timing problem and there is  a screw to adjust it.As much as I like to tinker with old sewing machines,I don't tinker with my embroidery machine.I only do the regular cleaning,oiling and tension adjustments as needed.I took my machine in for a service check up last fall.There was nothing wrong with it,I just thought after using it for 5 years it deserved a spa treatment.  ;D  The machine and hoop mechanism sounded much quieter after the service.

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:46:27 PM »
Basically, I agree with Pina.  I do think it would be worthwhile to clean as much as possible. I might replace the needle again. It is possible the new needle has a burr. It would be more likely that I had not inserted the needle correctly.  It only needs to off z little.

Offline karent

• ACorgiHouse
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 02:11:36 AM »
I would clean it as well as you can.  You don't know that a dinky piece of that broken needle didn't fly down in there.  Change to another new needle, coincidences happen and you could have a bent or funky needle in there.  When you are cleaning, look very closely at all the places that broken needle might have hit.  You could have a ding or a burr from the broken needle bonk that is causing a hangup.  As with everything else, make sure that, in your frustration, you didn't put the bobbin in wrong or something simple.  Rethread it completely just in case.  Hopefully, there is a simple fix.  K

Offline mlsa

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 12:59:47 PM »
Thanks for all your replies.  Just got around to checking it more thoroughly...cleaned it really good....oiled it....changed the needle twice more....the sound is coming from somewhere inside the machine toward the middle so off to the shop today.

Hopefully it won't cost too awfully much...I just hope they will work on it.

Thanks again.

David

Offline Doris W. in TN

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »
Let us know how it goes.

Offline mlsa

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 11:27:58 AM »
Well, my machine is fixed.  Guy called while I was out of town yesterday.  Said it had lots of loose screws and had thrown everything out of whack.  I guess the vibration had loosened the screws. Said he had to go through entire machine and reset everything to default.

Now to find time to pick it up.  Going to be out of town again this coming weekend.  Maybe can sweet talk the wife into picking it up for me.

David

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics