Author Topic: Style Arc Patterns 4  (Read 62898 times)

Offline Annette

Re: Style Arc Patterns 4
« Reply #350 on: April 29, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »
Ann,
What a fabulous dress you have made - perfectly matched pattern in the back.

Great description on your blog too - congratulations!!
Annette

I sew because I want to!! Currently travelling with DH in our caravan for four months - maybe 12 and I left my SM at home - hope I keep sane.

Offline vtmartha

« Reply #351 on: April 29, 2013, 11:37:27 AM »
Beautiful dress, Anne!  I love the fabric.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #352 on: April 29, 2013, 12:44:39 PM »
Anne, your dress is a knockout! Love the fabric and love the way you chose to show it off. You did a beautiful job.

Kathryn

Offline Carole

• I love to sew, dance, read, and play tennis.
    • Mia's Sewing Room
« Reply #353 on: April 29, 2013, 01:34:18 PM »
From the sublime (Anne's dress) to the ridiculous (my take on Style Arc's Gorgeous Gore skirt). The fabric was chosen to make my opponents take their eye off the ball.   I'm off to the playoffs, wish me luck!

Offline clothingengineer

• Clothing Engineer
« Reply #354 on: April 29, 2013, 01:38:17 PM »
From the sublime (Anne's dress) to the ridiculous (my take on Style Arc's Gorgeous Gore skirt). The fabric was chosen to make my opponents take their eye off the ball.   I'm off to the playoffs, wish me luck!

I LOVE IT!  ;D

Beefcake cowboys...wherever did you manage to find that fabric?

Offline Melinda_B

• Confidently Connecting
« Reply #355 on: April 29, 2013, 08:47:25 PM »
What ball?  All I can see is beefcake cowboys....   ;D

Love it, what a great skirt!

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #356 on: April 29, 2013, 09:51:56 PM »
Wonderful tennis skirt, Carole! I hope the competition is so dazzled that they can't return your serves. :)

Beefcake cowboys...wherever did you manage to find that fabric?

Anne, it's for sale on Fabric.com

Kathryn
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:56:37 PM by fzxdoc »

Offline MelissaL88

« Reply #357 on: April 29, 2013, 10:48:42 PM »
Anne, what a beautiful dress! I think that pattern is moving up my wish list.

Carole--I love your beefcakes...uh I mean great skirt :D I know I would be distracted playing tennis against you. Good luck in the playoffs!

Offline Karla

« Reply #358 on: April 30, 2013, 12:36:45 AM »
Anne, your dress is going to sell a lot of this SA pattern.  It really is the perfect pattern to show off an interesting fabric, isn't it?   I was too lazy to grade the size I bought, so I ordered a second pattern.  Now I have one to fit DD's front, and one to fit her back.    ::)  No dress, yet, but lots of high-quality pattern paper...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:38:24 AM by Karla »

Offline Carole

• I love to sew, dance, read, and play tennis.
    • Mia's Sewing Room
« Reply #359 on: April 30, 2013, 11:46:49 AM »
Anne, it's for sale on Fabric.com

Thanks for all your comments.  Yes, I make my tennis skirts out of fun fabric.  I have never played tennis without laughing at some point.  It's a wonderful sport, so why not have fun?

Offline KathleenB

« Reply #360 on: April 30, 2013, 02:48:01 PM »
Carole, now I know what my tennis game was missing back in the day when I played ;)
Anne, your dress is fabulous and best of all, you shine.
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my order with Barb's stretch pant.  I hope I don't kick myself when I see the May freebie!

Offline clothingengineer

• Clothing Engineer
« Reply #361 on: April 30, 2013, 02:57:31 PM »
If anyone is interested in the fabric I made my Heidi cardigan from, Fabric Mart has it on sale for $5.99/yard.

Offline Melinda_B

• Confidently Connecting
« Reply #362 on: April 30, 2013, 08:31:55 PM »
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my order with Barb's stretch pant.  I hope I don't kick myself when I see the May freebie! 
There's a pattern I want to buy, so I'm waiting to see what May's freebie is before I order it!

Offline clothingengineer

• Clothing Engineer
« Reply #363 on: May 01, 2013, 12:16:45 AM »
The May Style Arcs are up! Already placed my order.

I love the Gabby Jacket - great for those of us that are pear shaped!  :)

I'm not a fan of the May top, which is the free pattern for this month. I requested it in my mother's size and will give it to her.

Offline Gorgeous Things

• Beginner's Sewing Mentor
    • Gorgeous Fabrics
« Reply #364 on: May 01, 2013, 12:25:36 AM »
I got that jacket too, and I bought the new ponte skirt, which I'm thinking of making up with a stretch pleather. Of course, just in time for summer.  ::)
Proud sponsor of Stitchers Guild!
My store: http://www.gorgeousfabrics.com/
My blog: http://blog.gorgeousfabrics.com/

Offline Threads

« Reply #365 on: May 01, 2013, 12:41:14 AM »
I love the jacket, and will be very interested in how the sleeve treatment works. 

But my sewing is still in Home Dec purgatory (miles of napkins hemmed, miles of piping for pillow covers and not mention the staples pulled from the old upholstery).  I have promised myself no more clothing patterns until the last chair is reupholstered.  As my incentive I can look forward to some new SA patterns!

Offline jem

« Reply #366 on: May 01, 2013, 04:33:49 AM »
Do you think this freebie looks like a maternity top?  I can't decide if I like it either. 

I just ordered some faux suede from Fabric mart.  It is very lightly quilted (pretty thin) .  Do you think this new style jacket would work with this type of material? 

Elizabeth, I know you did the denim jacket (which is fabulous by the way)  DO you think a thin faux suede would work? as I stated, it has a slight quilting with overall embroidered pattern on front (subtle pattern)

Thanks for any opinions. 

Offline jem

« Reply #367 on: May 01, 2013, 04:35:22 AM »
oops sorry not Elizabeth, I meant Anne. 

Offline clothingengineer

• Clothing Engineer
« Reply #368 on: May 01, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »
Do you think this freebie looks like a maternity top?  I can't decide if I like it either. 

I just ordered some faux suede from Fabric mart.  It is very lightly quilted (pretty thin) .  Do you think this new style jacket would work with this type of material? 

Elizabeth, I know you did the denim jacket (which is fabulous by the way)  DO you think a thin faux suede would work? as I stated, it has a slight quilting with overall embroidered pattern on front (subtle pattern)

Thanks for any opinions.

When I first looked at it I thought it was a maternity top too!

The Stacie jacket can be made out of any fabric that has a good amount of body to it. I'll be working on a stretch cotton twill version tonight. It isn't a heavy twill but does have some stiffness to it.

Offline Karla

« Reply #369 on: May 01, 2013, 04:19:41 PM »
I'm going to get that freebie in DD's size and tuck it away for possible future use as a maternity top.  Or I could wear it with my gray hair and freak people out....   >:D

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #370 on: May 01, 2013, 04:44:43 PM »
Do you think this freebie looks like a maternity top? ...Thanks for any opinions.
If I made this exactly as drafted, then yes it would look like maternity wear on me. I made a similar style from Ottobre. To make it wearable with my figure, I removed most of the ease in the front panel.  It looks fine.

my blog post about the Ottobre pattern here

Offline LizGo

• My sewing pictures
« Reply #371 on: May 01, 2013, 06:59:44 PM »
I think the free pattern is cute. it reminds me of CJ's Cross your Heart top. I don't think it looks like a maternity top - but mostly because it seems to me that no one wears loose maternity tops anymore. I only see super fitted tight tops on pregnant women. I think in the right fabric on the right person it could be flattering. But if it makes you feel like your're wearing maternity ....well, not good..

Offline andib

« Reply #372 on: May 01, 2013, 07:48:33 PM »
I have made the CJ top, and in her rendition the gathers are barely visible, esp in a print.  I wouldn't think it looks maternity, at least I don't think it does on me!

Offline clothingengineer

• Clothing Engineer
« Reply #373 on: May 01, 2013, 08:01:15 PM »
The CJ top has the gathers above the empire seam though, not below. The gathers below the bust are what makes me think of it as a maternity top.

Offline andib

« Reply #374 on: May 01, 2013, 11:05:50 PM »
Anne, you are right about the gathers...I looked at it so quickly I didn't make the distinction!  I think they are both cute, and I am sure fabric choice makes a big difference in the maternity -ness of the top.

Offline Chrysalis

« Reply #375 on: May 02, 2013, 08:53:57 AM »
I really love the free May knit top.  I look better with swingy shapes and narrow bottoms so it suits that silouhette.  Think Olivia Palermo (but ahem, shorter ;)

Anyway, after not liking so many of the free patterns, I placed an order for: Ali knit skirt, Willow pants (long overdue) and Melissa blouse.

Hopefully the blouse and pants turn out well as its getting rather cold in Melbourne. 

I did go through all 4 threads and realised I never got the email for the 50% off sale in November and no presents (ie: free patterns) :(

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to my new patterns :)

Offline andib

« Reply #376 on: May 02, 2013, 11:11:18 AM »
I did go through all 4 threads and realised I never got the email for the 50% off sale in November and no presents (ie: free patterns) :(

Are you a "club" member?  I believe these perks were for the people that pay the club membership fee.  No?

Offline clothingengineer

• Clothing Engineer
« Reply #377 on: May 02, 2013, 02:04:10 PM »
I made another Style Arc Stacie jacket last night out of a cotton/lycra twill and paired it with my Anthea dress today. When I wrote my pattern review for the Anthea dress some people seemed to think the skirt wasn't as full as the line drawing indicates. The photo below gives a better view of how flared it really is.

Online KDC

• Mingling Yarn
« Reply #378 on: May 02, 2013, 06:36:15 PM »
I made another Style Arc Stacie jacket last night out of a cotton/lycra twill and paired it with my Anthea dress today.

What a cute look, Anne!

I'm currently sewing my fourth Stacie (not all for me!), so I've gotten my money's worth from this one.   :) Anyone in need of a jean jacket -- look no further than Stacie.  Karen
- Karen -

http://minglingyarn.blogspot.com
Ravelry - karendeane

Offline joan71

« Reply #379 on: May 02, 2013, 07:56:59 PM »
I made another Style Arc Stacie jacket last night out of a cotton/lycra twill and paired it with my Anthea dress today.

I'm currently sewing my fourth Stacie (not all for me!), so I've gotten my money's worth from this one.   :) Anyone in need of a jean jacket -- look no further than Stacie.  Karen

I have the pattern in the sewing queue....I think it is 3rd in line, after I get a couple of casual summer tops done..... which I desperately need.

Offline mudcat

« Reply #380 on: May 03, 2013, 06:34:00 AM »
I like the May free pattern. It doesn't look like a maternity top to me.  Seems like it would do a good job of camouflaging the wrong side of 50 waist. I like the Ali Knit skirt.  I prefer my skirts below the knees so this will just barely work.  I'm thinking I'll get Barb's Stretch pant as well.  As much as I like the Linda Stretch pant the narrower legs are attractive.  For me, four patterns seem to be the ideal order so I'm not sure what the last one will be.

Offline Chrysalis

« Reply #381 on: May 03, 2013, 09:25:16 AM »

Are you a "club" member?  I believe these perks were for the people that pay the club membership fee.  No?

Yes I am :) I joined in May 2012.  I recently got an email asking if I'd like to renew.  I'm on the fence but I do love the patterns and the fact that I'm supporting a local company.

Offline clothingengineer

• Clothing Engineer
« Reply #382 on: May 03, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »
I like the May free pattern. It doesn't look like a maternity top to me.  Seems like it would do a good job of camouflaging the wrong side of 50 waist.

This is why I am giving it to my mom. It would look cute on an older woman but if I wore it to work my coworkers would probably start the whispering!  ;)

Online KDC

• Mingling Yarn
« Reply #383 on: May 04, 2013, 10:40:04 PM »

002 by knitster, on Flickr

One last version (this year, anyway!) 

The collar, flaps and cuffs are faced with a Liberty Tana lawn. 
Karen

003 (3) by knitster, on Flickr
- Karen -

http://minglingyarn.blogspot.com
Ravelry - karendeane

Offline clothingengineer

• Clothing Engineer
« Reply #384 on: May 04, 2013, 11:37:17 PM »
That jacket looks great Karen...nice color on you, and love the contrasting facings!

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics