Author Topic: Coloured Cocktail (remember no comments here)  (Read 1913 times)

Offline Cherylanne

• North Avoca AUSTRALIA
    • Material World
Coloured Cocktail (remember no comments here)
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:34:22 AM »

DSC_0002 by ctwillcox, on Flickr

Been procrastinating about doing  SWAP this year,  it has taken me a while to get a clear concept together.    Generally, I want to create a colourful collection of smart casual clothes out of  some of those fabric that we (I) 'save'.  These for me are a few silks.  I want  some nice shirts to use as  beach cover ups,  to take me to a casual dinner and to go over the shells.   The bottoms are set to become shorter,   (capri  or skirts)  so I can paddle in the ocean.   All is topped off by the Linking piece the Navy Silk Jacket.

Offline Cherylanne

• North Avoca AUSTRALIA
    • Material World
Re: Coloured Cocktail (remember no comments here)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 04:02:13 AM »
I going to change some of the patterns in my SWAP.   The Hot Pattern 'Kiss Me Cost'  has princess seams running from the shoulder,  I want the other garments to reflect this look.  So I have decided to use a Burda shell and shirt pattern that have this construction technique.   This is the dress pattern (Burda  7502) selected because of the princess seams.... could use it for  a top also. 

The first capsule that I am sewing will be more weekend,  I will be making pants and  princess seam dress from a stretch  cream cotton,  I am thinking about a pink shell with a red silk shirt ???   Going to cut out pants and dress now!

DSC_0006 by ctwillcox, on Flickr

Offline Cherylanne

• North Avoca AUSTRALIA
    • Material World
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 12:43:06 AM »
Just completed my dress,  using the above Burda pattern 7502.  I was able to squeeze out this dress and a pair of slim pants from a piece of stretch cotton. 

The pants are being used by Sneaky Snazz at the moment....please go and play with the dog!

Offline Cherylanne

• North Avoca AUSTRALIA
    • Material World
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 12:51:27 AM »
Burda 7502  completed and worn to ASG meeting at Erina.

securedownload-2 by ctwillcox, on Flickr

Offline Cherylanne

• North Avoca AUSTRALIA
    • Material World
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 02:11:06 AM »

DSC_0011 by ctwillcox, on Flickr

View of the pockets with rivets on cream jeans.  Same fabric as cream dress.   2nd item completed

DSC_0012 by ctwillcox, on Flickr

Offline Cherylanne

• North Avoca AUSTRALIA
    • Material World
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 09:08:46 AM »
Completed a Louise Cutting " Hearts A Flutter"  shell top from a green silk.  Wearing it with my cream pants.

DSC_0012 by ctwillcox, on Flickr

DSC_0037 by ctwillcox, on Flickr

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics Cutting Line Designs Patterns
The Smuggler's Daughter Fabric Buttons Patterns Style Arc Sewing Patterns Sailrite Home Sewing Catalog
Sewing Made Easy with the Lutterloh System Thread Theory Advertise on SG! It's Easy!