• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.

February 19, 2019, 05:26:15 am

News:

A big Thank-You to all of you for your continuing support of Stitcher's Guild. :)

Demented Fairy's Peacock/Cabbage SWAP

Started by dementedfairy, January 13, 2019, 07:06:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dementedfairy

After the glut of black/red/grey sewing for last year's SWAP, I jumped into a new colour theme for The Sewing Place's 'Sewing With a Kind of Plan', or Swakop.  I used colour inspiration there too, with these images being the ones which got me going

Nice huh?
I soon started adding in purple though

And I'm having  a whale of a time with this combination, mixing and matching my new working wardrobe for maximum effect....so off I go in search of colour inspiration images
Apparently I'm a quintessential Gemini- but I think that's a load of b.s. myselves...

dementedfairy

And here we go!  Do I have to pick one, as they are all so very similar?

Apparently I'm a quintessential Gemini- but I think that's a load of b.s. myselves...

dementedfairy

So it would need to extend the wardrobe I'm already enjoying in these colourways, like these items

dementedfairy

And so it begins...sort of lol
I haven't actually PLANNED anything, but I know I need more T shirts, and/or simple button-through shirts, and/or shell tops
My wardrobe is nice and full, and versatile, but there are still gaps, some seasonal- I have little warm weather clothing that isn't totally casual, which was OK up til last summer, but this year I'm back in school so need some stuff for that, thinking ahead.
I have NO jumpers/sweaters/pullovers that aren't lightweight jersey, and basically T shirts
I have no decent/smart woven trousers, although I have several patterns.  Most of my recent attempts at wide leg trousers have been fails, so I need to go back to straight or bootcut- skinny is not a good look when you are an apple on cocktail sticks.
I'd already indulged in some yardage after Xmas, and I was determined not to buy more...but I have slipped.
Here's a blog post with my fabric pics so far.
https://thedementedfairy.wordpress.com/2019/01/20/proud-as-a-peacock-swap-2019/

dementedfairy

January 25, 2019, 11:55:56 am #4 Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 01:26:19 am by dementedfairy
I got the fabrics for my winter coat way before SWAP, and it isn't anywhere near my colour scheme, but I love this so much I thought I'd share what I'll be wearing over the top of my SWAP collection right through the rest of the winter.
I indulged in some pricey [£45/m] 100% cashmere, and mock astrakhan, to make McCall's 7848.  A full-length, zip fronted beauty was finished off on Tuesday evening with several hours of hand hemming, and has been christened with playground duty.  It passed the test with flying colours, and is lifting my mood admirably.

Blog post here
https://thedementedfairy.wordpress.com/2019/01/25/cashing-in-cashmere-coat-5/

And a teaser pic

dementedfairy

I think I was having a senior moment the other day- I googled 'ornamental cabbages' for my image, so that's what I saw when it popped up...then I realised it's ruddy succulents.  Grrrr.  AND I searched some more and found that all those colours were artificially applied to the plants in question.
Irked, I re-googled, and re-paletted, and I'm even happier with the results:

I was delighted to see that I can happily wear everything there [and even source loads from stash] EXCEPT for the final three drab neutrals.  They would just suck the life out of me, so let's pretend they're not there at all!

Now, which to select as my 'neutrals'?

Having recently got over my horror of navy [it was my school uniform colour, FORTY ONE years ago...I bear a grudge] I think that could be one.  I tend towards black as my fall back neutral, but by the time this collection is complete, we should be into spring, so I could veer towards something lighter.  Or the greens?  My favourite colour, very spring appropriate...

I think I may just go with the flow and see what transpires.

I have been binging on patterns over the last few years, and although I'm pretty fast at making up things when I buy them, I do seem to have a backlog waiting in the wings.

So, this is the year I plan to clear that backlog.  I may use TNTs for some things, like simple well-tried tops, but otherwise it will be new patterns all the way.  Anything I haven't used by the end of this year, other than perhaps costume or seasonal patterns, will need to GO.  Charity shop or swop...does this make 2019 the op-shop swap SWAP? :)) :)) :))