• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.

March 20, 2019, 04:56:14 am

News:

If you have any trouble, or anything doesn't seem to be working properly, email DragonLady: dl@artisanssquare.com for assistance.

Morzel's not yet titled SWAP

Started by Morzel, January 06, 2019, 10:05:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Morzel

In December I went to our the city art museum to look at their permant collection - we had only been to special exhibitions for years. I came across a painting by Emil Nolde, whose paintings I really like, and it was just the right colourway! It is called 'sailboats in the wind'.

Neutral colour will definitely be navy. As second colour either grey or denim... Accents could be seagreen/teal, rose, burgundy, white, light blue. I am not sure, which fabrics I will use - I will work my way along.
Eva

Morzel

So I plunged into sewing as I got a bit of time... TNT shirt pattern and a stretch cotton fabric that I LOVE! And it fits not only into the colour palette of above picture, but to the theme... I tried out a new cuff - folded up with a V-slit. I really like that one, will use it again on my TNT.

Eva

Morzel

I finished another item - a wool crepe skirt. The pattern I used is the  crescent skirt by sewaholic. A wonderful skirt pattern! It is easy to sew and I really like the look of it. Sewaholic designs pattern for pear shaped women - the mearsurements are spot on for me! Usually I have to grade two or three sizes between waist and hip...

I also finished a cami - no picture yet. The pattern is the Odgen Cami by True bias. Nice pattern, only a bit full at the hem, I sized that down.
Eva