Author Topic: Medea's from Sea to Heaven (Comments in main thread, please)  (Read 189 times)

Offline Medea

• You'll find my Wardrobe Diary at
Medea's from Sea to Heaven (Comments in main thread, please)
« on: January 05, 2019, 05:07:21 PM »
My thoughts about my SWAP wardrobe started with what I need for my Summer Wardrobe or as a transition to my Summer Wardrobe. When I decided a couple of garments that I need/want for Summer I started my search for an inspiration image and I found this Herm├Ęs Scarf and even if I'd never buy such a scarf I love the colors of this and the colors suit me well. The scarf's name is De La Mer au Ciel Scarf by Bourthoumieux, "From Sea to Heaven".

I've used part of the picture to get the colors to choose from and these will be my neutrals and accent colors as I believe in January.

Neutral #1 Caviar / Black
Neutral #2 White

Accent #1 Beige
Accent #2 Turqouise Gray Liberty print, William Morris
Accent #3 Blue Gray Chambray
Accent #4 Red / Rust red

Wild Card #1 Probably Apricot
I'm at Instagram @ medeasgarderob (Medea's Wardrobe)

Offline Medea

Re: Medea's from Sea to Heaven (Comments in main thread, please)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 05:37:36 PM »
I want a Wardrobe to wear at a dream vacation in Summer.

One capsule is for the Beach. There is a bikini in white or apricot, a kimono to wear over the bikini and also in the mornings at the hotel.  I also need a dress to wear for lunch at the beach restaurant.

The next capsule is for a visit to the Museum. I think there will be some sort of trousers. Maybe Lander Pants and a blouse. Don't know the pattern yet.

The third capsule is for hiking or just a walk around in the city. I want a "pantskirt"/Culotte (Jupe Culotte in French). I like Jupe Muscade a lot. And I also need a blouse and maybe a jeans jacket, I found one I liked in Knipmode.

I will also need a dress for dinner at night and that will probably be my wildcard #2. And for the evening I'll also need a short jacket or something like that. We'll see what I decide and I need to think of one more garments to make it eleven.

Offline Medea

Re: Medea's from Sea to Heaven (Comments in main thread, please)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 10:16:06 AM »
I've made the first part of the plan for this SWAP and then I realized that I don't know where the pattern for the Yuma blouse is. Maybe I'll find it or I have to find another pattern.

Maybe I'd start by cutting those garments or sew something that I've already cut.