Author Topic: not secure problems  (Read 440 times)

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
not secure problems
« on: November 15, 2018, 05:53:34 PM »
I posted today and a bit red sign came up - Not secure.  I've not had or seen this before??

Offline Turquoise

• Subscribed Member
Re: not secure problems
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 07:34:21 PM »
Yes, I get this when I sign on from my desktop.

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 09:01:51 PM »
That's correct; SG doesn't use Secure Socket Layers, so it is unsecured for the purposes of posting any personal information here.  You should never post your phone number, credit card or banking information or any other sensitive information here.
The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

======================

Check out my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons & other craft supplies:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 09:57:29 PM »
Thanks - I don't post anything personal - don't post much at all in fact.  I'd just never noticed before??  Not time for eye check up yet, but maybe need to call anyway! ::)

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 03:36:01 AM »
If your device has recently been updated, your security settings may have been changed to warn you if a site is insecure.

As posts here are public, there's no reason for them to be secured, and the subscription payments go through PayPal so it uses their security.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

======================

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 02:03:39 PM »
My computer was just cleaned and updated.  Thanks

Offline sdBev

• Subscribed Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 07:16:06 PM »
Well that’s what did it, marciae.  When they ‘clean’ a computer, among other things they do is delete all the all the cookies and often reset some of your preferences.  Entirely possible they made your security setting higher which I found could keep me from accessing sites I visit alll the time.

Doesnt matter if you have a pc box on a desk or a cute tablet, computers are unending fun (not).
sdBev
sdBev.wordpress.com

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 07:20:57 PM »
Well that’s what did it, marciae.  When they ‘clean’ a computer, among other things they do is delete all the all the cookies and often reset some of your preferences.  Entirely possible they made your security setting higher which I found could keep me from accessing sites I visit alll the time.

Doesnt matter if you have a pc box on a desk or a cute tablet, computers are unending fun (not).

Yes; this.  Computer servicing companies of all kinds, antivirus and firewall protection programs, "disk cleaning" services, registry cleanups and other maintenance program all change your security settings to the very highest protection protocols available which are usually only used for online shopping at sites that store your banking or credit card information.

Most sites -like SG- never use any of those kinds of secure measures because they also make many of the features we use -like public posts or user-to-user messaging impossible. 

======================

======================

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 01:05:00 AM »
But it seems I can no longer post anywhere on this site except here.  Please, administrators, help me get back in!  I have paid the fee.  Help?