Author Topic: problem reading pattern  (Read 608 times)

Offline chek101

problem reading pattern
« on: February 28, 2012, 12:36:28 AM »
Hi,

I just put up a post just now, but can't find it for the life of me. I thought I put it here, but I don't see it and so I guess I have to repeat it or I won't be able to follow the replies because I won't be able to find those either. I am trying to follow a doll pattern. I cut out some of the pieces and I don't know even know if the way I did it is right but anyway, now I am having a hard time trying to figure out which way the pieces are to be sewn. The pattern seems to contradict itself, sew it here, or sew or there ... who knows?

My question is, is there a special section here for learning how to read a pattern and lay it out? I can't find it if there is one.
Appreciate your help,
chek (Pat)

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
Re: problem reading pattern
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:10:39 AM »
I just put up a post just now, but can't find it for the life of me. I thought I put it here, but I don't see it and so I guess I have to repeat it or I won't be able to follow the replies because I won't be able to find those either.

Hi Pat!

If you need to find a post you've made (and aren't sure where it was made ???), go to your profile (click your name to the left of any post of yours or use the "profile" link at the top of each page), then under "Profile Info" on the left, you'll find a link titled "Show Posts."  When you click that, you'll get a list of your posts, most recent at the top. :)  Find the post you've misplaced, then click on the re line (after the "/" in the first line of the entry).  That will take you to the post in its thread. 8) :smug:

For instance, I think the post you're looking for is on the "Machine Embroidery" thread.  Let us know if you'd like to have it combined with this thread. ;) ;D

HTH,

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
Re: problem reading pattern
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 02:15:51 AM »
Chek, your post is in Patterns here. It was originally posted in Machine Embroidery, so I moved it to Patterns.

Kathryn

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics