Author Topic: Trying to Change Email/Password  (Read 1152 times)

Offline gaylee1949

Trying to Change Email/Password
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:38:56 PM »
I've been trying to change my email address because I've changed computers and cannot sign in with my password, which has not changed in the last several years.  The system will NOT let me in with my password and I'm getting very,  very irritated.  Can you please help me? 

In addition, there is a notice at the top of one of the screens in which "others" is typed with an appostrophe.  Please fix it to comply with correct grammar.

Thank you. 

Gail D.

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
Re: Trying to Change Email/Password
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 01:00:19 AM »
Hi Gaylee,

Sorry you're having such a bad day here. :huggle:  Do any of the suggestions "here" help?  If not, I'll see if I can help.  Send me a PM and we'll see what can be done.

(and I'll fix the grammar...that's in the "news"?)

HTH,

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline gaylee1949

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 08:24:33 PM »
Lisa, the instructions are useless to me.  I'm extremely irritated by this.  Can't somebody just call me and walk me thru this? I'm really tired of messing with this, and it's too complicated.  The instructions you sent me any reference to what screen I'm supposed to be on to start out with.  Should I be logged in under my previous address or not?  Totally inadequate information provided. 

Gail D.

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »
Lisa, the instructions are useless to me.  I'm extremely irritated by this.  Can't somebody just call me and walk me thru this?

Ok,  I'll try to help.

Should I be logged in under my previous address or not?

Yes.  When you're logged in, go to your profile (you'll find a link near the top of the page.)

When you get there, you'll see "Modify Profile" on the left.  One of the entries in that category is "account settings."  Click on that.  You'll find your e-mail address there.  Change it.  Then see if you have a "secret question" filled out.  If not, or if it's one you're not sure of the exact answer to, add (or change) that too.  (The secret question can help if you ever can't think of your password.)

Then click the "Change profile" button at the bottom of that page.
If you don't click that button, none of your changes will "stick."

Let me know how this goes for you.

HTH,

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 10:03:45 PM »
If this doesn't work, send me a PM, and I'll try to make the change for you.  You'll need to give me the e-mail address you want to use.  If that doesn't work, we'll consult w/ DL and see if she has any further ideas...

Lisa

Offline Karendee

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »
Lisa and other moderators and administrators.

Thank you for all the time you spend helping us work on this site. Even though all the information is in the sandbox, sometimes, user error causes us   to be unsuccessful . On behalf of the others members, thanks for everything.

Karen

Offline mandarinfish

• Dancing Fish
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »
I have been having trouble trying to change my password (no "modify profile" option), and I was just told that it was because I don't have 12 posts yet.  Is this information provided anywhere on this site?  I did a search and that's when I came across this post.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »
Here's the link in the New Members Take Note topic. It's also in the Are You New? Read this First topic.

Sorry for the inconvenience, mandarinfish.

Kathryn
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:02:28 PM by fzxdoc »

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics