Author Topic: Warpjr1965 Start with a coat SWAP (comments in Discussion Thread)  (Read 553 times)

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
    • Nebula Classical Academy
I've had a harder time than I thought on this. I originally planned on using a scarf, but the color palette was too limited. I looked through some photos for inspiration, but I need to work mainly from stash, as usual, and none of them were quite right. Then I started looking through the fabric stash.

I think I have picked out an inspiration piece. This fabric (the top one):

IMG_1290 by wendyr, on Flickr

May be destined to become a fall coat, or long vest.  There are a lot of background colors to choose from, which should make pulling something cohesive together relatively easy, I hope. The purple below it may also become part of SWAP, unless it lands in CCL's dress challenge first. :)  I'll have to play around in the coming weeks to see what I have that would work. We'll see. Have made no specific plans yet.
Wendy

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
Re: Warpjr1965 Start with a coat SWAP (comments in Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 12:08:48 AM »
Notes for myself:
I have firmed up the black wool as the base/inspiration for SWAP.
The purple  will do double duty as a Dress for CCL's challenge, and should be able to make an appearance for SWAP as well.
I've bought a lovely pink ponte from JoAnn Fabrics, which will likely become a pair of pants.

That's all I've got. I don't think I'll get through this SWAP without purchasing more fabric, we'll see.
Wendy

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 12:00:17 PM »
Well, I should have named my SWAP "start with a dress" cause that is what i made first, rather than the coat.

No Pics yet, as the dress is part of CCLs challenge. I am pretty sure it will land here too. I've used a purple rayon jersey and finished up a dress I've had my eye on for a while: NL 6525, the cowl version with the ruffle hem. The jersey is so swingy that I've left the hem raw, I didn't want anything weighing it down.
Wendy

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 02:18:51 PM »
Here is a picture of the first item, a wrap using KS 4031 and the inspiration fabric. Like Ruthie, I think this is destined to be a wildcard.

K4031_02 by wendyr, on Flickr

K4031_06 by wendyr, on Flickr

I should be able to cut the fashion fabric today.
Wendy

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 04:09:59 AM »
All right, this will be my Plan post for this SWAP. I'll be editing as I go along.

Black wool Wrap
  • Wild card item/inspiration item

Pink
  • Jacket
    Lace Tshirt
    Pull on pants likely Jalie eleonore

Blue
  • Sweater vest own design
    Woven shirt
    Cropped jeans Burda

Ivory
  • Jalie 2805
    Raglan T
    Cowl swing T LN 6525

Black
  • Jalie jeans
    Cardigan
    RTW tee shirt/li]
Purple
  • dress
    skirt
    jacket.

Print
  • Floral print: T-shirt

Too many items, but I have choices here. I'll start with shirts after the wrap is done, but if I want to make a jacket i can't leave it too late!  The pants have to wait as I plan to lose a few pounds first, famous last words.
Wendy