Author Topic: Pants Form Duck Tape Double  (Read 3816 times)

Lou

Pants Form Duck Tape Double
« on: February 04, 2007, 12:02:17 PM »
I got all excited when I found the instructions on how to make this last week, yes I need to get out more.  I then found Purple Duck Tape which just made my year.

Front of double

Back of double

This was ridiculously easy.
All you do is wear an old pair of tight fitting cycling shorts or leggings, then add 3 layers of Duck tape, horizontally, vertically, horizontally.  I got DH to do this.
Cut down one outside leg.  Slowly ease yourself out of it.
Repair the cut.
Trace a circle of card for the leg holes, attach and stuff with scrap fabric, (I used fleece so it isn't too heavy).
Trace a circle of card for top, tape closed.  If it will fit a childs coat hanger can be added to the top to hang it up.

I marked the top of my hips before I took the double off and noted the length from the hip to the floor in case I want to hang it at the correct height ever.

I used a cheapo version of the tape for the first two layers then purple on the last layer.  I am going to buy more purple so it will all be the same colour.

Offline Linda 75142

• Seams Well Blog
Re: Pants Form Duck Tape Double
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 01:39:36 PM »
I've been meaning to try this; maybe this will get me motivated.
Linda T

"The past is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift; that's the reason they call it the present." --Mike Ditka

www.seamswell.blogspot.com

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 01:55:15 PM »
I can see why purple duct tape would push you into making the pants double, Lou!  It's so cute!  Congrats on your new "you" to use for your next pants building project!

Kathryn

Offline ManWhoSews

• Where you can find my paintings:
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 04:31:36 PM »
Very cool, you've got me tempted to try this now.  I think I'll stick with silver tho.   ;D

Offline famorose

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 04:04:07 PM »
Lou,

Could you tell us where you found the instructions? It doesn't look like one would need them but I'm curious.
I have 5 fleece pants, for this bitter weather, & all are too big now. Getting older & thinner & droopier! This pants form would help be a lot to alter them.
Thanks

Lou

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 05:21:51 PM »
The instructions are the same as I've written, basically, but if you want to find the original it's on patternreview.com under Notions review search pant form.

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics