Author Topic: Style Arc Patterns 2  (Read 72892 times)

Offline Carolyn

• Carolyn's Sewing Room
Re: Style Arc Patterns 2
« Reply #490 on: March 19, 2012, 12:45:24 PM »
Robin and Linda, I like both of your cardis.  They look terrific.
Carolyn

"If God had intended for us to stay one waist size, he wouldn't have invented elastic"...  Christee Gabour Atwood

Blog:  http://carolynobryan.blogspot.com/

Offline blue mooney

• If it feels good, wear it!
« Reply #491 on: March 19, 2012, 10:48:14 PM »
Adding my Abby to the mix....

My fabric was a poly ITY, and that's the only thing that made this the least bit difficult. The fabric is just a little fiddly to work with.
I lengthened the sleeve so that it would look like the pattern envelope and added a little sleeve width, too. Other than that, there were no alterations. If I make it again, I would do a slight forward shoulder adjustment.

This was a really nice freebie!

Offline Linda 75142

• Seams Well Blog
« Reply #492 on: March 19, 2012, 11:01:14 PM »
Lovely Abbys Robyn and Robin.  I think I will use this pattern many times over!
Linda T

"The past is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift; that's the reason they call it the present." --Mike Ditka

www.seamswell.blogspot.com

Offline vtmartha

« Reply #493 on: March 19, 2012, 11:58:03 PM »
Very pretty,  Robyn!  Thanks, everyone, for the input on the sleeve width.  I think I may need to order this pattern and then do a few measurements.  ;)

Offline PattiH

« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2012, 12:07:43 AM »
You know,  independent companies are great.  I just got an email from Style Arc that there was a labeling error on the Willow pattern.  How great is that?

PattiH

Offline KDC

• Mingling Yarn
« Reply #495 on: March 22, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »
OK, here's my trial pair of Willow.  The fabric is a stretch woven (microfaille, according to Fabricmart - looks like a US version of bengaline).  They are, indeed, close fitting pants.  I 'think' that this is probably close to the ease that Chloe intended in her design.  For me, I think that I want a bit more room in the hip area -- and, I don't think I would even attempt these in a non-stretch woven (which I think the pattern may indicate is OK, but I could be mis-remembering.)

Style Arc Willow by knitster, on Flickr

Note the wrinkling in the lower leg -- I believe this is due to the fact that the pants are too long.  Don't ask me why I forgot to shorten the length -- I've done it on every other pair of SA that I've made -- and I think with this close fitting leg that it is especially important that there is a nice, sleek, straight line down the leg.  Ah well, sometimes I'm an idiot, but at $1.99 a yard I'm not going to worry about it.  So, next pair will have a scootch more hip room, inseams of the proper length, and will again have lycra in the mix. 
- Karen -

http://minglingyarn.blogspot.com
Ravelry - karendeane

Offline Linda 75142

• Seams Well Blog
« Reply #496 on: March 22, 2012, 08:49:14 PM »
To me, the pants look nice and don't appear too tight to me, but definitely you know best.  I still plan to order this pattern in my next order.  It's been so long since I wore skinny pants, it may take me a while to develop a comfort level wearing them out of the house! :P
Linda T

"The past is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift; that's the reason they call it the present." --Mike Ditka

Offline KDC

• Mingling Yarn
« Reply #497 on: March 31, 2012, 07:32:26 PM »
Here's my version of the free pattern for March -- Amy.

Style Arc Amy by knitster, on Flickr

I shortened the sleeves to three-quarter length, thinking I might get a bit of wear out of it before it's too hot.  I don't think I would tie it on the sides (alternate view), as that hits me at my widest point -- no sense in emphasizing that.   :)

I like the neckline, and will probably make this again for cooler weather -- probably straightening the hem and shortening it to regular tee length.  I'm wearing it with the Willow cigarette pants, this time shortened to a better length for me.  I'll be making those again, but in a cotton/lycra blend that will be more comfortable for the weather ahead.  Karen
- Karen -

Ravelry - karendeane

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #498 on: March 31, 2012, 07:57:46 PM »
Karen - good looking outfit!!  I like the looks of the top.

Today I'm wearing my Linda's that I made from the light weight denim with 4% stretch - I put 'jean' front pockets on them.  I always wear my tops out so you don't see the pockets - but I know they are there and I "NEED" pockets!! ;D
I refuse to tip toe cautiously thru life only to arrive safely at deaths door.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...  'Oh darn ........ she's awake!!'
Age may wrinkle the face, but lack of enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

Offline Robin

• a little sewing blog
« Reply #499 on: March 31, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »
Karen, I agree with marciae, that is a very nice outfit.  I have that pattern out on the table, considering whether I want to sew it next ... or ...?  I  can't decide!  I don't think I would tie the sides, either, but it looks stylish with the long sides hanging loose.  And I noticed the way that collar sits up against the neck and I know I will like it.  I think it's a good one to use on a regular tee length top.

Marciae, that is a good idea to add pockets to the Linda!  I'd really like to try the Jilly, but the Linda is instant gratification.
Time to get off the computer, make a decision and cut something out!

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #500 on: March 31, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »
Marciae, that is a good idea to add pockets to the Linda!  I'd really like to try the Jilly, but the Linda is instant gratification.
Time to get off the computer, make a decision and cut something out!
I've 'almost' decided I'm not going to make any more "regular" jeans - I wear my tops out - you can't see the yokes, wb or belt loops - soooo??  Elastic waists are wonderful.  If I need "real" jeans I do have 3 pair of purchased, very nice ones. 

I saw these pants in the new soft surroundings catalog - cross between a Linda and a Peta??
Looks like I need to go to the sandbox - but here's the link
http://www.softsurroundings.com/P/Petites_Palmilla_Pant/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:28:51 PM by marciae »
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...  'Oh darn ........ she's awake!!'

Offline vtmartha

« Reply #501 on: April 01, 2012, 12:50:35 AM »
StyleArc has a new top, Robin, and it's named after you!  ;)

Karen, you look great in your new outfit.  The color is lovely on you.

Offline KDC

• Mingling Yarn
« Reply #502 on: April 01, 2012, 01:10:55 AM »
Thanks everyone -- it was another quick and easy.

So, thoughts on the new patterns anyone?  Robin's namesake top looks like it would be a nice basic -- I do like a square neckline.  Then again, maybe I should just concentrate on the patterns I already have.  Nah, where's the fun in that?   :) Karen
- Karen -

Ravelry - karendeane

Offline EllenD

« Reply #503 on: April 01, 2012, 03:19:56 AM »
I love the Kristin dress-- or would if I was sure of the style-- line drawing shows set in sleeves, but the description says they are raglan, and that there is soft gathering going down from the neck.  The line drawing version screamed light denim for a summer pull on to me, but raglans and soft gathering doesn't.

Offline Ambel

« Reply #504 on: April 01, 2012, 06:07:49 AM »
Then again, maybe I should just concentrate on the patterns I already have.  Nah, where's the fun in that?
I agree Karen, where's the fun in that  :)  so I bought a few patterns this morning.  :)  The Robin top is my favourite from the new patterns. It will be good for work.

I made the Creative Cate top the other week and I love it! It's probably one of my all time favourite knit top patterns. The neckline is superb!! One of the best cowl necklines I've ever worn. I'm currently sewing a second version but this one I altered to have sleeves.
Belinda (aka Sew-4-Fun)
Melbourne, Australia

Offline sewinglinda141

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
« Reply #505 on: April 01, 2012, 07:53:24 AM »
re: the Kristin dress, I emailed Style Arc to ask about the difference between the description and the line drawing, I just received a reply to say the description is a mistake and the drawing is correct, no gathering at the neckline and set in sleeves not raglan.
linda
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 07:55:14 AM by sewinglinda141 »

Offline EllenD

« Reply #506 on: April 01, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
Oh, good !!   I really like it-- and since I like the freebie too, I shall dive in.

Offline margyh

« Reply #507 on: April 01, 2012, 05:43:40 PM »
New Adele top for me...

I straightened the hem and bound the neck with a black knit...the fabric is a wonderful quality cotton/lycra knit from Marcy Tilton.

More, as always, on my blog.

Offline elis

« Reply #508 on: April 01, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »
Hi All,
Am working on the Sara Blouse and it is amazing how well it fits- has anyone sewn this pattern yet?  My only question is the pix on the pattern makes it look as if the princess seam falls along the bustline- for me it seems to fall closer to the side seams- thanks for any info.

Offline Robin

• a little sewing blog
« Reply #509 on: April 01, 2012, 07:00:55 PM »
oh I am so excited to see "the Robin top"!! 

I emailed Style Arc with a picture of myself in a shop trying on a top like that - and of course I could not buy it because it did not fit me.  I had kept that picture for quite a while, waiting to find a similar pattern so I could sew one for myself.
I asked (nicely) for Style Arc to add this style to their offerings, and now here it is!  Well, you KNOW I will be ordering that!

I have been sewing, need to take pics of the sleeveless top I drafted & sewed last weekend, and the Pleated Pia I sewed yesterday.
I had a cold all last week so I was a little slowed down.
Wow!

:applause2:

Offline vtmartha

« Reply #510 on: April 01, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »
Great looking top, Margy!  I envy those of you who can wear grays and black.

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #511 on: April 01, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »
Margy - great looking top!

WOW - Robin and Shams with their own patterns!  I can't wear Shams pant but will have to check further into the Robin top!!

Offline blue mooney

« Reply #512 on: April 01, 2012, 08:40:23 PM »
How great that we are rubbing elbows with Robin & Shams - famous muses!

Offline shams

• Communing With Fabric
« Reply #513 on: April 01, 2012, 09:41:37 PM »
Your snakeskin print tee looks great, Margy!

Offline Karendee

« Reply #514 on: April 01, 2012, 11:15:11 PM »
I love to be among such sewing royalty. Yippee!!

Karen

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #515 on: April 01, 2012, 11:21:35 PM »
Margy, that is such a cute tee. The fabric is great and you did a fine job placing it just right, and trimming it to set it off.

I'd love a peek into your closet. I'm thinking that a pileated woodpecker would be happy in there, nestling up to its familiar blacks, whites, and reds. (and greys too) :)

What a wonderful palette.

Kathryn
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:25:04 PM by fzxdoc »

Offline Robin

• a little sewing blog
« Reply #516 on: April 02, 2012, 12:08:22 AM »
Margy, I agree with Kathryn on your selection of black & white fabrics.  Each is more wonderful than the next.
You know what looks good on you.

Offline Robin

• a little sewing blog
« Reply #517 on: April 02, 2012, 07:24:27 PM »
Here is my version of the Pia Pleated top:

This rayon knit jersey was so very stretchy that I needed to take it in on the sides and on the sleeves.
But it sure is a comfortable fabric!

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #518 on: April 02, 2012, 07:25:58 PM »
Robin - the top looks great.  Nice looking fabric

Offline Linda 75142

• Seams Well Blog
« Reply #519 on: April 02, 2012, 08:11:58 PM »
Cute, Robin!
Linda T

Offline KDC

• Mingling Yarn
« Reply #520 on: April 02, 2012, 08:32:30 PM »
Very nice Robin!
- Karen -

Ravelry - karendeane

Offline margyh

« Reply #521 on: April 02, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »
Love the tee, Robin...now we BOTH look like  pileated woodpeckers...great fabric!

Offline emelle

« Reply #522 on: April 03, 2012, 12:46:58 AM »
Great top Robin, another one for my Style arc wish list. And so proud of both you and Shams, patterns of your very own inspiration.

Too bad I did not really like this month's free pattern, so I will try to sew what patterns I have (alot :laugh:) and wait for next month.   

Offline blue mooney

« Reply #523 on: April 03, 2012, 12:55:59 AM »
Very cute, Robin! Nice geometric print. You look sooo comfy.

I am going to order your namesake pattern (nice suggestion!) but am going to wait like emelle until the bonus is one that tickles my fancy.

Offline Karendee

« Reply #524 on: April 03, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »
Great new top, Robin.

Karen

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics