Author Topic: Charities for kids awaiting transplants?  (Read 724 times)

Offline SunnyElle

• Sewing in Chicago since 1978.
    • A. Powers Design
Charities for kids awaiting transplants?
« on: December 20, 2011, 05:18:06 AM »
Hello,
I sew and knit for several different charities and have noticed that none of the charities give items to kids awaiting transplants. Does anyone know of any? I have quilting/knitting/sewing OCD and would love to direct some of my hats & quilts to kids on the transplant ward, if possible.

Arizona

Offline Pina

Re: Charities for kids awaiting transplants?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 09:57:50 AM »
Arizona,you are sewing very nice pillow cases:)
I like to suggest to contact the National Foundation for Transplants,link.They may have a list of children's hospitals that perform transplants.In The Duke Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Family Support Program link it says", "Welcome Bags.Upon admission to the unit, the Family Support Program team will distribute a welcome bag to families. This bag includes a pager, phone cards (donated by the Katie Swaney Foundation), a brightly colored pillowcase, a colorful laundry bag, a quilt, a disposable camera and several other small items. This is the Family Support Program's way of saying welcome."
Have a good laugh and don't worry about your age ! If you don't have any wrinkles,you don't laugh enough !

Offline SunnyElle

• Sewing in Chicago since 1978.
    • A. Powers Design
Re: Charities for kids awaiting transplants?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 07:36:30 PM »
Thank you for the link, Piņa! I emailed COTA.org (can't remember what that stands for at the moment!) and never received a reply, so I'll try the link you supplied.

Thank you for the compliment on my pillowcases! They're quick and fun to sew. And since theyre for kids I get to use all kinds of crazy fun fabrics.

Arizona

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics