Author Topic: Sandbox III  (Read 45479 times)

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
Re: Sandbox III
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2011, 09:47:33 AM »
Congratulations, Pina! Wow! A flat screen TV--good for you! It's nice to see that the universe is in balance--because you always give so much, it's good that you have gotten something in return. Enjoy your new TV.

Kathryn

Offline Pina

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »
Thanks for your very kind words,Kathryn !

Offline blue mooney

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »
Liana's (prize-winning shirtmaker) tutorial: Liana's Tutorial
trying to be pretty

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2011, 04:04:03 PM »
You are very pretty Robyn!  (Nicely done. ;)  :))

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline emelle

« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2011, 02:44:33 AM »
trying to add a picture....

Offline emelle

« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2011, 02:45:30 AM »
trying to add two pictures...let's see....

Offline emelle

« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2011, 02:46:50 AM »
once more??? two pictures, both scaled down as far as I can on my mac....

Offline emelle

« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2011, 02:47:25 AM »
 ;D yippee, off to thank Shams for the pattern!

Offline emelle

« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2011, 12:30:19 AM »
Could a moderator please point me to a SIMPLE tutorial about a better way to post pictures in my posts, rather than making them attachments from my files. I want to do it like others do and I have tried the search function and can't find a tutorial link. I am only minimally computer savy, so it needs to be simple. Thanks in advance, ML

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2011, 01:10:55 AM »
Emelle,

Sure, we'd be glad to help. :)

First, you need an account with a photo-hosting site (like Flickr, PicasaWebAlbums, SmugMug, Photobucket...there are literally dozens of them that will work, and lots of them offer free accounts).  Currently more people here seem to be using Flickr, but that seems to vary from time to time.  I've opened (free) accounts at lots of them, so that I can see if they'll work here.  So just tell us which one you want to use.

There are general directions "here," on how to post photos.  Three separate ways to let us see your images are discussed.  You want to use method #2. 

Take a look, then come back here and give it a try! :pinkpom: :pinkpom: :pinkpom: (Just be sure to leave your work here if it doesn't turn out right...that way we'll be able to help! ;) ;D)

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline emelle

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2011, 03:37:36 AM »
test to upload photos
[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/72279983@N06/6523839511/in/photostream/img]

Offline emelle

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2011, 03:48:31 AM »
trying again ...oh booo, see above and now I can't find the jpg thing

So, I now have a flickr account and my photos are in there.

And I have read down in your instructions and tried to control click on the photo in the flicker account (using a mac air notebook) and I do not know where to find the next tools, page info, media string to find the jpg address in the flicker account...obviously I did not read down on your tutorial far enough when I made the first attempt.

I will try to ask my adult children who are more able than I if I have not been able to explain my quandry sufficiently. Thanks for all you do, I really want to be able to add photos permanently and post more now that I have an iphone and a digital camera. emelle

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2011, 04:01:01 AM »
emelle,

If you've got a photo in your flickr account, give me a link to a page in one of your albums, please. :)

Lisa

Offline emelle

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2011, 01:57:17 PM »
Good morning Lisa,
Is that a link I accidentally put in the email above.....the link from flickr with img at the end? When I was trying to post a photo?

Our home network is down right now so the apple I usually use is not available. I will try again later today (hopefully) Thanks, ML

Offline emelle

« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2011, 02:41:42 PM »
Lisa, we are up again and here is a link to a flickr photo that is in my file
http://www.flickr.com/photos/72279983@N06/6523839411/

I have tried again and still can't find the right places to click......thanks for your help, ML

Offline AnnRowley

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2011, 04:38:04 PM »
emelle,

Not Lisa but I'm trying to help...

I'm afraid that we can't see the photo you linked to because you have it set to Private - which means that only you can see it.
Click on the photo -in your photostream - to open it and then look down to the lower right, Owner settings.

I suspect that you will see "Only you can see this photo"
Click on "edit" and then click on "anyone" in the box that opens and SAVE

That will mean that will now be able to see it if you send us the new link.

Offline emelle

« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2011, 06:07:06 PM »
Thank you ann/whomever is there to help...sorry to be such a computer dolt!

So here is a link and I have now changed the privacy setting so hopefully you can see the photo(s) on flickr.

I have control clicked on the photo and found achoice that sends me to a box for source of the photo with alot of computer speak....? it is in all that computer speak?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72279983@N06/6523839411/

ML

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2011, 07:16:19 PM »
Thank you ann/whomever is there to help...sorry to be such a computer dolt!

So here is a link and I have now changed the privacy setting so hopefully you can see the photo(s) on flickr.

I have control clicked on the photo and found achoice that sends me to a box for source of the photo with alot of computer speak....? it is in all that computer speak?
Hi ML!

You're not a computer dolt!  The computer dolts are the ones who dream this stuff up, assume everyone will read their minds and "know" that the way they dreamed it up is the way it ought to be. ::)

That box may well be what we're looking for, but let me ask a couple of questions first.  And, BTW, here's your photo (just so you know we can get there ;) ;D):

A couple of questions for you:

1.  Is the "Share this" button above the image (at Flickr) greyed-out? or can you click it? It is greyed-out for me...

2.  I think you may have miscategorized your images at Flickr, which can cause the "Share this" button to be greyed out. 
Here's what the Flickr Safety categories mean:
Quote from: Flickr
Safety Level
Safe - Content suitable for a global, public audience
Moderate - If you're not sure whether your content is suitable for a global, public audience but you think that it doesn't need to be restricted per se, this category is for you
Restricted - This is content you probably wouldn't show to your mum, and definitely shouldn't be seen by kids

A good rule of thumb is, bare breasts and bottoms are "moderate." Full frontal nudity is "restricted."
Your photos are categorized (by the Safety settings you used) as "Moderate"--but I think you really want them to be "Safe" as a default.  You can always specify another category if you need to.
Here's a link explaining how you can adjust the settings:  Flickr Safety Level Adjustments

The reason I'm asking about the "Share" button and the Flickr Safety settings is that I can show you how to post your pictures as is, but it will be a lot easier if we can use your "Share this" button.

Let me know, and we'll get on with the method you'd like to use!

Thanks,

Lisa

Offline emelle

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2011, 11:02:58 PM »
Thanks Lisa...
Ok, so I set my photos to "Safe".....goodness knows there will be nothing unsafe from me!

And now when I look at the photos on flickr, the share box is clickable......hope this is the partial answer....

Best regards, ML

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2011, 11:29:43 PM »
Perfect!  Here we go:

1.  Click the "Share this" button, which will open a small window/drop down menu.
2.  From the drop-down menu, click the "Grab the HTML/BBCode" entry, which will open a small window below the menu entry.
3.  At the bottom of that window are two choices, HTML and BBCode.  Click the button next to "BBCode." (this Forum can't use HTML!)
4.  Moving up (in that window), choose the size of picture you want from the drop down menu (if you want to preview these sizes, you can do that using the "Action" button, then the  "All sizes" link).
5.  After you've specified "BBCode" (step 3) and the size you want (step 4), copy the computer code in the window right above the size drop-down menu, bring that code back here and paste it in your editing window.

That's it.  No need to use the buttons over the editing window, as no extra tags are required...Flickr will supply all of the code you need.

Give it a try! :pinkpom:

Lisa

Offline emelle

« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2011, 03:57:41 PM »
ok, trying again to post a picture with flickr
[/url]
tablecloth skirt knit by em elle gf, on Flickr/img]

hope this works, ML

Offline emelle

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2011, 03:58:45 PM »
once more.....

[/url]

Offline emelle

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »
Oh my goodness, Lisa thank you for your instructions, they seem perfectly clear, I printed them off so I could read through as I did it on flickr and still it does not seem to make a photo you can see in the post, just the link.....I am sorry to be a bother but I am determined to do this thing.

Can you help me again?

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2011, 09:47:01 PM »
once more.....

[/url]

ML, you are so close!  You've got some extra code at the beginning and at the end of the code Flickr gave you, and that's confusing the software.  Here's the code you used above:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/72279983@N06/6523839353/][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7174/6523839353_e1f7ecc207_m.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/72279983@N06/6523839353/]tablecloth skirt knit[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/72279983@N06/]em elle gf[/url], on Flickr/img]

It looks as if you may have used the "Insert Image" button above the editing window and then pasted the Flickr code between them?  At any rate, the only code you want is what Flickr gave you.  So we need to take out the
[img]http:// at the beginning of the code and the 
/img]at the end of the code string.  (BTW, I'm a little confused, because I would have expected that you would have had an opening "[" at the beginning of that last "/img]"...maybe you took it out?  At any rate, we need to get rid of the extras at both the beginning and then end.) And then code looks like this: 

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/72279983@N06/6523839353/][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7174/6523839353_e1f7ecc207_m.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/72279983@N06/6523839353/]tablecloth skirt knit[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/72279983@N06/]em elle gf[/url], on Flickr

which resolves like this:

tablecloth skirt knit by em elle gf, on Flickr

The trick is, when you copy the code from Flickr, don't add any extra code when you get it to the editing window (that is, don't use any of the buttons over the editing window. ;) ;D

Please give it another try! (and this time, pick a larger image from the size drop-down menu.  This is the "Medium" size:

See you soon! :)

Lisa

Offline emelle

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2011, 10:55:28 PM »
ok, trying again

tablecloth skirt brown cotton twill by em elle gf, on Flickr

Offline emelle

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2011, 10:57:11 PM »
yippeeeeeeee!

Thank you Lisa, you were right, I thought I had to insert the copied code using the picture/insert image button that is above the smilies.......

Ok, now to make something to photograph that is worth showing!!!

Thank  you again, ML

Offline laurasj

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2011, 04:56:17 PM »
Trying to post a pic on Picasa

Fingers crossed

Offline laurasj

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2011, 04:57:34 PM »
making it bigger

Offline Sandy

• Editor & 1st samplemaker for Cutting Line Designs
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2011, 04:01:18 PM »
Hi to patient moderators.  Good thing I just read the replies to Emelle, which explain why my last try a few minutes ago didn't work.  Let's see if I have it this time.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  At long last.  Off to the Cutting Line Designs thread, so I can officially post correctly. 

Thanks so much for the many explanations I needed to do this.

Sandy
Sandy Miller
cuttinglinedesigns.com

Offline Sergerqueen

« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2011, 02:03:38 PM »
Ditto on Robyn's comments above.  I only got three jackets/coats done this year, but am even more motivated this year to sew more as I have recently lost 25 pounds and those that I sewed are now big.  Yes, I know a good problem to have!  Here is my NE 1960 coat in red wool coating....

ed_0191 January J-A-M by Sergerqueen, on Flickr

Offline Merl

• "
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2011, 02:42:40 AM »
I would like to post a photo of my latest sewing machine acquisition but, I don't' see how I can.
I don't understand how my avatar picture went through fine at 1.7MB but, the same picture will not post in  the sand box ?
I understand there are size and bit size restrictions on attached pictures but how can I change my pictures to allow them to post on the forum as well? ???

Offline Merl

• "
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2011, 03:19:54 AM »
picture

here is a picture that easily loads and posts. How do I make my camera take a picture like this?
Do digital cameras only one kind of picture quality or can they usually be changed to accommodate various situations ?
I'll have to look for the instructions and see what the options might be.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 03:25:06 AM by Merl »

Offline Merl

• "
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2011, 04:46:27 AM »
picture

Looks like I have it all figured out.
New machine pics coming in a couple of days.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 04:48:09 AM by Merl »

Offline blue mooney

« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2011, 12:17:13 PM »
test

Offline laurahoj

« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2011, 02:34:21 AM »

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics