Author Topic: missing sections  (Read 742 times)

Offline indigotiger

• Subscribed Member
    • Acorn Cottage Artisanry
missing sections
« on: August 24, 2018, 05:50:27 AM »
Today I noticed something new, that I wasn't sure if it was intentional, a glitch, or a bug...  All the sections of the forum that live underneath the subheading "Types of Sewing" (including the actual subheading) are not showing up when I first navigate to the site, but only becomes visible once I sign in. My computer doesn't save sign-ins and passwords, and so I simply always sign in when I first "arrive". I have an older PC, running Windows 7, and browsing with Firefox. (in case any of that is important)
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

Online DragonLady

• Administrator
Re: missing sections
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 07:17:09 AM »
Today I noticed something new, that I wasn't sure if it was intentional, a glitch, or a bug...  All the sections of the forum that live underneath the subheading "Types of Sewing" (including the actual subheading) are not showing up when I first navigate to the site, but only becomes visible once I sign in. My computer doesn't save sign-ins and passwords, and so I simply always sign in when I first "arrive". I have an older PC, running Windows 7, and browsing with Firefox. (in case any of that is important)

I did hide some of the site from guests, because sometimes we have hundreds of bots on the page, and I wanted to see how it would affect our performance, and to encourage those who read here often to register for accounts.

I'll evaluate the results in a few days, and see if it seems to be a good thing for us.  If not, I'll switch it back.
The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

======================

Check out my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons & other craft supplies:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Offline bessiecrocker

• Subscribed Member
  • Winner's Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 04:08:37 PM »
DL, not sure where to put this comment. ..but I see you are moving things around. perhaps moving the vendor section nearer to the top, maybe after "yard sale", might attract more vendors to participate ? it's kinda lost way down at the end.

Online DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »
DL, not sure where to put this comment. ..but I see you are moving things around. perhaps moving the vendor section nearer to the top, maybe after "yard sale", might attract more vendors to participate ? it's kinda lost way down at the end.

Maybe; it would be a bit more prominent there.  But...I've half a mind to just get rid of it for lack of interest.
The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

======================

Check out my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons & other craft supplies:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions