Author Topic: A New Theme Installed :)  (Read 1463 times)

Online DragonLady

• Administrator
Re: A New Theme Installed :)
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2018, 05:11:52 PM »
My eyes find black text on bright white background (on a computer) to be headache inducing.

I do, too.  On those days when I'm here for hours straight, I reach a point where I can't read the screen and am forced to walk away...and then when I get back it takes time to remember exactly what I was doing, which increases the chances of making mistakes.

If I ever do replace the default theme, ease of use and readability will be paramount considerations.
The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

======================

Check out my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons & other craft supplies:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Online DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2018, 05:16:47 PM »
Just for being such a lovely group of people...here's a little screen capture of the upgrade that's being built as we speak.  I've been installing a few of the branches as they're being worked on, just to play around with.

I have no idea what the final result will look like, but here's what they have thus far. :)
The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

======================

Check out my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons & other craft supplies:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Offline sdBev

• Subscribed Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2018, 01:06:38 AM »

Nice to know it isn't just me!  I really do prefer the default theme, myself.  I know where everything is, can tell what's new at a glance, find it's easier on my eyes, and just more comfortable overall.
I used ipthe new theme for a day and then retuned to the old theme.  When I have  to, I will adapt but I really prefer the old theme.  I think the limited color scheme made it more difficult to find things.  It is ticklish, you want a theme bright enough so you see different things but not so bright it puts your eyes out.
sdBev
sdBev.wordpress.com

Offline kowgiirl.up

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 05:00:54 PM »
I had been following this thread while I was gone so I could keep up on what was going on here :-)
I like the new theme. I haven't tried the others yet but the default is a keeper in my mind  :thumbsup: <<< love the little thumbs up dude!
Theresa

Runs with scissors