Author Topic: Halloween Sewing  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Claudine

• Photos
Halloween Sewing
« on: October 08, 2011, 11:07:30 PM »
What is everyone sewing for Halloween this year? 

My younger dd wants to be Elastica from Zevo-3.  Don't worry, pretty much no one else has ever heard of this series, either.  The costume should be easy enough, although I would not look forward to making the yellow gloves.  I'm hoping to find some that I can buy.l

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:09:47 PM by Claudine »

Offline melissamade

Re: Halloween Sewing
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 11:43:20 PM »
im making Little Red riding hood for my 6 year old.  Im using a New Look pattern.  The cape is make out of suede cotton, Dress Red Gingham and apron white cotton.

pattern.http://www.simplicity.com/p-2325-child-dresses.aspx#.TozDSihiLSo.facebook

Offline BeeBee

• A Million Litte Threads
    • Pastiche
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 11:53:27 AM »
What is everyone sewing for Halloween this year? 

My younger dd wants to be Elastica from Zevo-3.  Don't worry, pretty much no one else has ever heard of this series, either.  The costume should be easy enough, although I would not look forward to making the yellow gloves.  I'm hoping to find some that I can buy.l

They yellow gloves look like Platex household cleaning gloves - like you'd use to wash dishes.  Just sayin' ;)

Offline Claudine

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 01:41:23 PM »

They yellow gloves look like Platex household cleaning gloves - like you'd use to wash dishes.  Just sayin' ;)

Light bulb!  Thanks!  Hmm, I'll have to find them in a teeny tiny size.

Offline Claudine

• Photos
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 12:21:19 AM »
My older daughter wants to be Ava the Sunset Fairy.  I'm looking forward to the dyeing and painting involved. 

Offline Back2Sew

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 04:44:31 PM »
A Bedazzler too! 

Offline shams

• Communing With Fabric
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »
I bet both costumes are keeping you quite busy.  How fun!  I look forward to seeing the results.  I used to spend much of October making costumes and I have to say, I am enjoying the break. :)

Offline ejvc

• Plan-bot on the loose
  • Me about age 2
    • The Fabulous Dr E's Fabulous Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 10:09:26 AM »
I bought a Bat Girl costume for £10, including cape and mask.  Child cries when forced to go out without it.  Mother pleased.
My blog is at http://ejvc.wordpress.com

Sewing and machine knitting in Karlstad, Sweden!

Offline Claudine

• Photos
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »
I bought a Bat Girl costume for £10, including cape and mask.  Child cries when forced to go out without it.  Mother pleased.
You are far more sensible than I am. 

Offline mrspsews

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 09:31:28 PM »
I haven't even started yet!  I'm making an angel Costume for my 7 year old.  I bought a superman costume for my super baby as we fondly call him. 

Offline lyra

• west 38th
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »
I am loving the wig - it is too cute!!  ;D

Offline Claudine

• Photos
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 09:13:35 PM »
I finished both costumes, but I only have photos of Elastica.  In my town, trick-or-treat was moved to this Friday the 4th because of the storm, so my older daughter has not worn her costume yet.   Elastica attended a Halloween party last Friday, so I have photos of her.

Here is a blog post about Elastica:
http://couturearts.wordpress.com/2011/10/28/elastica/

Offline BeeBee

• A Million Litte Threads
    • Pastiche
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 09:51:48 PM »
She's quite the super hero - Elastica IS a superhero, right?  The costume turned out very cute and she looks like she's having a ball wearing it.  Go-go Power Rangers!  Oops, wrong hero.  ;)

Offline Claudine

• Photos
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 01:26:06 AM »
Yes, BeeBee, Elastica is a superhero.  A super-mutant, actually. 

We finally had trick-or-treating.  My daughter was so excited that it was very difficult to get her to stand still for a picture, but I managed to get a couple of pics of Ava the Sunset Fairy.  The blog post is here:

http://couturearts.wordpress.com/2011/11/06/ava-the-sunset-fairy/

Offline Pina

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 06:22:14 AM »
Rainy Halloween? This quick and easy costume will keep your little ghosts nice and dry. Itís completely no-sew and can be layered over warm clothes in colder climates.Time to complete 30 to 45 minutes. Stay dry ghost costume tutorial.

Offline Merl

• "
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »
I didn't realize this was an old thread but, I got off easy this year as far as making costumes for Halloween.
this year the boys said they wanted to be Si and Willie Robertson from the 'Duck Dynasty' cable TV show.
I said fine as that would only really require coming up with something that looked like hunting clothes (off to the thrift store....) but, what about the beards?
All the Robertson family men that appear on the show (and several others on the show) have their enormous trade mark beards so, any costume would need a costume beard as well.
A check of the seasonal Halloween shops came up with nothing but, a friend of my wife said that they an actual licensed costume product could be had at W#l-M##t so I allowed them to shop there for their costumes just this once.
They both look pretty good. Maybe I'll even post a picture.

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics Your Button Shop