Author Topic: Total Embellishment Newsletter  (Read 2344 times)

Offline lydia

Total Embellishment Newsletter
« on: September 04, 2011, 12:47:58 AM »
Quite a few years ago I subscribed to the Total Embellishment Newsletter and thought it was of some value.  I resubscribed for two years, then Pauline Richards sold the format to "someone".  Long story short, I never received any more copies of this.  The reason I am inquiring is I am cleaning out the files, books, magazines, etc. and ran across the old copies.  Nothing to be done now, but am interested if this happened to others..........Lydia (who will be six months cleaning!)
"I'll cross that bridge when I get to it."

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
Re: Total Embellishment Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 06:32:37 PM »
I dropped my sub a couple of years ago.  Not sure why I did because I always enjoyed them.  And, of course, I've saved them!! ;D  I did a class with her using her vest pattern.  Great pattern.  Need to dig that out and revisit!!
I refuse to tip toe cautiously thru life only to arrive safely at deaths door.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...  'Oh darn ........ she's awake!!'
Age may wrinkle the face, but lack of enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

Offline Pina

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 07:22:26 PM »
Several of Pauline Richards' embellishment instructions are down here.

Offline PattyP61

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 03:12:39 PM »
Yes, Lydia, my situation is similar to yours.  I had renewed, the change took place and then - nary a word.  I emailed Pauline about it and she did her best to get some resolution but nothing came of it.  Too bad.
Good luck with the cleaning.  I am in the process myself and having those "What was I thinking?" moments.  I'm sure someone at the thrift shop will figure it out when I unload. 
Patty

Offline PattyP61

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 03:24:40 PM »
Oops, a correction.  I did receive one newsletter from Melissa - Winter 2010, Volume 13, #3. 
Patty

Offline lydia

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 03:39:12 PM »
Pina.....thank you for the link.  I am not much of an "embillisher", but used the format for ideas I could adapt.  Sometimes I get a spark from an article and wind up with something totally different, but the article was the catalyst.  I am still miffed that I lost $30 some dollars in the deal.  Oh well...........
"I'll cross that bridge when I get to it."

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »
Yesterday I pulled out "My favorite vest pattern" from Pauline.  I made an adjustment for my slightly rounded back.  I want to make a vest - soon.
I refuse to tip toe cautiously thru life only to arrive safely at deaths door.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...  'Oh darn ........ she's awake!!'
Age may wrinkle the face, but lack of enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

Offline editorTEN

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 08:48:49 PM »
Hello Ladies,

I'm Melissa Brown, the former editor of Total Embellishment Newsletter (now that it is closed) and I am very glad to find you. I would also like to offer you an apology, an explanation and a refund.

Soon after I took over TEN a software problem mangled our subscriber list and left us with only partial contact information for a number of our subscribers. I've been looking for you ever since! With Pauline's gracious help I have been able to resolve most of the situation, but you all seem to have been in the small group I couldn't find a way to track down. I apologize for the incoveniences this situation has caused you.

And PattyP61, I'm very sorry to hear that you reached out for help and did not get it. I don't know what happened in your particular case, but it concerns me greatly that I have dropped the customer service ball here. Please accept my apology for not responding to your earlier contact with Pauline.

To receive a refund of the unused portion of your TEN subscription fee, please email me at editorTEN@aol.com with your name (without initials) and your mailing address. You see, I know who you are and how much TEN owes you, I just haven't had an address to send your refund check to.

And if you should meet someone else TEN owes a refund, please let them know they can contact me through this forum or at editorTEN@aol.com.

Sincerely,
Melissa Brown
Former editor of Total Embellishment Newsletter

Offline editorTEN

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »
Hello again ladies,

I have not heard from anyone through Artisan's Square yet who has claimed a refund of their unused TEN subcription fees, but if you are a former subscriber or know somone who is, please do contact me for a refund or encourage the person to, following the instructions above.

Thank you,
Melissa Brown

P.S. And thank you again, DragonLady, for allowing me to bump this post in an effort to find the Former TEN subscribers owed refunds.

Offline editorTEN

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »
Bump.

I have only heard from one person who was involved in the earlier posts regarding unfilled TEN subscriptions. If you are one of the others, or believe you are owed a refund of your TEN subscription fees, please contact me through this website or at editorTEN@aol.com.

Thank you,
Melissa Brown
Editor of Total Embellishment Newsletter

Offline MelinOregon

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 07:29:46 PM »
Bump.

Is there anyone else who would like to claim their subscription fee refund from Total Embellishment Newsletter? Please contact me through messaging here on Artisan's Square or at editorTEN@aol.com. Thank you.

And thank you, again DragonLady, for giving me permission to bump this thread and find my former subscribers. I appreciate it.

Melissa Brown
Former Editor of Total Embellishment Newsletter

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics