Author Topic: Patterns for little felt animals and objects??  (Read 4872 times)

Offline cynthia_in_ca

Patterns for little felt animals and objects??
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:27:29 PM »
I'm planning some projects with my little 7,8 year old nieces... looking for patterns for sweet shapes to hand- sew out of felt, something modern and cute. We will probably blanket-stitch edges. Don't care much for the "ugly dolls" of late. Has anyone seen books or websites with good ideas? Thanks in advance, as I will be back in a few days.

Offline Pina

Re: Patterns for little felt animals and objects??
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 05:58:12 AM »
Maybe you find something suitable you like in the free toy patterns here.Free cute bears to make here.Felties: How to Make 18 Cute and Fuzzy Friends. Softies Only A Mother Could Love.( I hope you don't think they are "ugly dolls".  :D ) Wild and Wonderful Fleece Animals: With Full-Size Patterns for 20 Cuddly Critters.Choosing a stitch for hand sewing tutorial here.Hand sewing felt using the blanket stitch tutorial here.
Insanity doesn't run in my family.It strolls through,taking its time getting to know everyone personally.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 07:26:20 AM »
Pina, you continue to amaze me at the way you can find links to just the right things that someone asks about. It's a real talent. I so enjoy having you as a member. You're priceless. :huggle:

Kathryn

Offline Pina

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »
Kathryn,thank you very much for your kind words !   :huggle: :huggle:  I love your newest creation.I keep staring at it,I believe you know what I mean.  ;)  It is absolutely stunning !  :)  :)
Insanity doesn't run in my family.It strolls through,taking its time getting to know everyone personally.

Offline Claudine

• Photos
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 08:57:11 PM »
Check out this ebay seller who sells Japanese craft books.  There are lots of Japanese craft books that have patterns and instructions for very hip-looking little stuffed animals.  Here's a link to one of her offerings, but look through her shop to see what else she has.  Unfortunately, they are expensive and the text is in Japanese:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MY-FIRST-NEEDLE-FELT-MASCOTS-Japanese-Craft-Book-/200592424012?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb43d7c4c

If you're looking for something cheaper and in English, look at this book on Amazon.  I don't have it, but it is on my wish list:
http://www.amazon.com/Aranzi-Aronzo-Cuter-Book/dp/1934287822/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3FCKM3Y73O451&colid=3PLL18Z76BF4U

Offline cynthia_in_ca

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 12:26:06 AM »
Pina, thank you for the wealth of information you discovered and linked for me! Wow!! I am especially in love with the bears in vests!!  Sooo cute and do-able!! And the tutorials are priceless. Kathryn is right, you have a gift for finding just the right thing!!!

Claudine, the Japanese crafts are absolutely precious!! Just seeing the book cover pictures gives me ideas too. I just might have to check my library for the Aranzi Aronzo book.  Thank you so much for posting!!

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics