Author Topic: Patterns for little felt animals and objects??  (Read 4775 times)

Offline cynthia_in_ca

Patterns for little felt animals and objects??
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:27:29 PM »
I'm planning some projects with my little 7,8 year old nieces... looking for patterns for sweet shapes to hand- sew out of felt, something modern and cute. We will probably blanket-stitch edges. Don't care much for the "ugly dolls" of late. Has anyone seen books or websites with good ideas? Thanks in advance, as I will be back in a few days.

Offline Pina

Re: Patterns for little felt animals and objects??
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 05:58:12 AM »
Maybe you find something suitable you like in the free toy patterns here.Free cute bears to make here.Felties: How to Make 18 Cute and Fuzzy Friends. Softies Only A Mother Could Love.( I hope you don't think they are "ugly dolls".  :D ) Wild and Wonderful Fleece Animals: With Full-Size Patterns for 20 Cuddly Critters.Choosing a stitch for hand sewing tutorial here.Hand sewing felt using the blanket stitch tutorial here.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 07:26:20 AM »
Pina, you continue to amaze me at the way you can find links to just the right things that someone asks about. It's a real talent. I so enjoy having you as a member. You're priceless. :huggle:

Kathryn

Offline Pina

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »
Kathryn,thank you very much for your kind words !   :huggle: :huggle:  I love your newest creation.I keep staring at it,I believe you know what I mean.  ;)  It is absolutely stunning !  :)  :)

Offline Claudine

• Photos
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 08:57:11 PM »
Check out this ebay seller who sells Japanese craft books.  There are lots of Japanese craft books that have patterns and instructions for very hip-looking little stuffed animals.  Here's a link to one of her offerings, but look through her shop to see what else she has.  Unfortunately, they are expensive and the text is in Japanese:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MY-FIRST-NEEDLE-FELT-MASCOTS-Japanese-Craft-Book-/200592424012?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb43d7c4c

If you're looking for something cheaper and in English, look at this book on Amazon.  I don't have it, but it is on my wish list:
http://www.amazon.com/Aranzi-Aronzo-Cuter-Book/dp/1934287822/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3FCKM3Y73O451&colid=3PLL18Z76BF4U

Offline cynthia_in_ca

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 12:26:06 AM »
Pina, thank you for the wealth of information you discovered and linked for me! Wow!! I am especially in love with the bears in vests!!  Sooo cute and do-able!! And the tutorials are priceless. Kathryn is right, you have a gift for finding just the right thing!!!

Claudine, the Japanese crafts are absolutely precious!! Just seeing the book cover pictures gives me ideas too. I just might have to check my library for the Aranzi Aronzo book.  Thank you so much for posting!!

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics