• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
May 21, 2019, 05:12:21 am

News:

To reply to a private message, you must login to the forums and use the messaging system.  If you attempt to answer the email notification, it just bounces to me.

I had a question but no longer do

Started by Garden Girl, June 27, 2018, 01:27:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Garden Girl

June 27, 2018, 01:27:37 am Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 03:52:10 am by Garden Girl
I DID NOT start this thread.

Dragonlady did. She pulled my response from where it was, changing the context and not stating that she did so as our Mods always do. Consequently, I've removed my post. Mudcat asked if we had questions and I did. Contrary to what Dragonlady apparently thinks I was not upset. I also never said it was a bad idea. I am now however fairly annoyed at my post being yanked out to become a thread being attributed to me that DL started without that tidbit being included. I feel like I just got set up here to look like a jerk.

It just seemed pretty odd to me that a little one shot and done sew along that popped up out of nowhere would get it's own section rather than just a thread in the wardrobe section. Usually for sew alongs they spring up from our conversations and several people expressing an interest.

Bev, thank you for understanding where I am coming from.

Debbie, it does have a time constraint. Ends US Labor Day, Sept. 3 Has guidelines too!

My take away from this is really understanding why so many people prefer to lurk here.  I know! I'll plan a travel wardrobe to take to the Land of Lurkdom! Perfect...!

DragonLady

I thought it would be nice to have a summer sew along after SWAP has ended.

It's not intended to rain on any of the other sew alongs, and I most certainly would not want them to fizzle out.  I just think having more choices is a good thing.

The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)  Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

Visit my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons, craft, & sewing supplies:<br />https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

DragonLady

I honestly did not think anyone would be upset by this.  I  just wanted to offer another choice that would be open to everyone, and did not see any harm to it. 

Does anyone else think this is a bad idea?  If you do, please speak up. 
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)  Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

Visit my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons, craft, & sewing supplies:<br />https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Ann

I have no issue with it. I sew like a turtle and should take part in it. If people are enjoying it and discussing what they are making, then it is a success. They will spill forth into other threads showing their projects. The more groups the merrier as people love to make choices.
Education is a journey not a race.

http://everythingsewing.blogspot.ca/

Bookish

I agree with Ann... the more the merrier sez I and the more inspiration for me  :D

peggyjo

I think it's a great idea.  This is different -- it's focusing on a small *travel* wardrobe.  It's flexible -- whichever hemisphere you live in and wherever (and whenever) your travels might take you, and however many articles you need to add to your bag to round out your vacation wardrobe, you can plan and sew along. 

I also like the fact that it's open to non-subscribers -- I really hope a few (or more) participate!

Wins all around as far as I'm concerned...   :applause2:

sdBev

Not everyone wants to sew a 6PAC.  Often there are people who join but want to make 6 dresses or 6 of something else.  They get excited by the sew-along and try to join-in even though they don't want to follow guidelines of wardrobe building.  I get gardengirls confusion over starting another wardrobe sew-along but would like to see other sew alongs which would encourage people to share their sewing projects--especially pictures. Love the pics.
Feeling so good, the oncologist has started me on a 2nd round of chemo. Updates on my site.  Www.sdbev.wordpress.com

fzxdoc

I wish we had Like buttons. I'd like your post, Bev.

I like seeing photos too!

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

KarenDee

I think a summer sew is fine. Nothing wrong with different options. Also, really why object to one of our mods who does so much to keep this site running.

Karendee

Debbie S

I don't understand why there has to be a point to anything......all of these threads are for enjoyment!  The 6paks have a time guideline, which some like and others find too constricting due to other demands on their time, while this is easy flowing with no time constraints.  I personally like the variety of threads and applaud anyone and everyone who starts one!

AnnetteB

Quote from: Debbie S on June 27, 2018, 11:12:09 pm
I don't understand why there has to be a point to anything......all of these threads are for enjoyment!  The 6paks have a time guideline, which some like and others find too constricting due to other demands on their time, while this is easy flowing with no time constraints.  I personally like the variety of threads and applaud anyone and everyone who starts one!

I agree!!
Annette
Queensland Australia

Helen M

Sewing in Cheshire

Bookish

I also like that this is open to non-subscribers as was SWAP.  Again the more the merrier :)

sliderule

As a lurker, perhaps I should not comment, but I'm going to.  I think this thread is a fine idea for all the reasons already given.  :thumbsup:

DragonLady

QuoteDragonlady did. She pulled my response from where it was, changing the context and not stating that she did so as our Mods always do. Consequently, I've removed my post. Mudcat asked if we had questions and I did. Contrary to what Dragonlady apparently thinks I was not upset. I also never said it was a bad idea. I am now however fairly annoyed at my post being yanked out to become a thread being attributed to me that DL started without that tidbit being included. I feel like I just got set up here to look like a jerk.

I split the topic, because this post was the very first response to the rules, and it was clear you were a bit upset.  It's not my intention to upset anyone, and that blindsided me, as I was trying to do something nice. 

I did not edit your post in any way; I simply worried that if you were upset, others might be too, so I put it out where it would be seen & asked for further input.  Maybe I should've edited it to reflect that I had split it, but to be honest I thought that was self-explanatory.

I absolutely did not intend to make you feel like a jerk.  Rather, I suddenly felt like a jerk for setting this thing up, without realizing I might be stepping on someone's toes or causing trouble.

Helen M

I must admit I was a bit confused by seeing several topics about Summer Sew-a-long in the 'replies since you last visited' list, non of which were the original topic tread which I hadn't seen.
Sewing in Cheshire

DragonLady

Quote from: Helen M on June 28, 2018, 08:03:13 am
I must admit I was a bit confused by seeing several topics about Summer Sew-a-long in the 'replies since you last visited' list, non of which were the original topic tread which I hadn't seen.

I'm sorry for that. 

I apologize to everyone -especially Garden Girl- for any confusion I caused by splitting the topic.  I set this ball in motion, and when I saw GG's post I instantly felt like I'd taken a big misstep.  I wanted to hear what others had to say so I would learn from my mistake, and be able to avoid doing it again in the future.

Now, I feel like I should close the topic.  If anyone disagrees with that, or has something else to say, please send me a private message.