Author Topic: LogIn Trouble...  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
LogIn Trouble...
« on: June 04, 2018, 05:14:20 PM »
I tried over twenty times before I got logged in.  At first, I wasn't paying attention to the error messages, but once it had failed a couple of times I was looking.  So at least the vast majority read:

An Error Has Occurred!
Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

which is an extremely odd error to get from a log-in attempt.  I have to think that many others who got that oh-so-persistent  error message simply stopped trying after awhile.

As I make this post, I note that there are only three members on line.  And if I hadn't been so persistent (in return  ;) ;D), it would have been two!

Lisa
(using Chrome on Windows 10)

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
Re: LogIn Trouble...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 06:48:41 PM »
(sigh)

Okay; I'll go talk to our hosts, again.
The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

======================

Check out my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons & other craft supplies:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 05:01:04 PM »
Lisa, have you had any more problems?  I've put in a ticket, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Has anyone else had this issue? 
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

======================

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 05:25:53 PM »
No, but I haven’t had to go through the log-in procedure again, yet.  If you like, i’ll go through the log-in process each time I come on, for a while, and let you know how it goes...

Let me know,

Lisa

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 05:31:53 PM »
Ughm….. Not necessary every time...but we do need to try to keep a log of known instances.

The 3-way handshake is failing, so that's absolutely something our hosts need to fix. 

======================

======================

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 08:16:09 PM »
Until recently I was able to click on the SG icon on my iPad and immediately access the site, but now when I click on the icon I have to log in every time. Is this intentional or a glitch....either way it is an annoyance since I have always visited the site in bits and pieces of time. Thanks for any guidance offered.

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 08:58:12 PM »
Are you ticking the box to stay logged in?  If so, are you -or is another program- deleting your cookies when you leave or when you close your browser?

======================

======================

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 08:59:48 PM »
DL, I just wanted to start a new topic and even though it showed I was logged in, I had to reload in before it would allow me to post. Is there a way the hosts can attach paid member to our names?

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 09:01:31 PM »
Each time I tick the stay logged in box, to no avail.  No, I have not deleted the cookies to my knowledge but will check to be sure.

Offline Garden Girl

• Subscribed Member
  • Middle California
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 09:49:53 PM »
No, but I haven’t had to go through the log-in procedure again, yet.  If you like, i’ll go through the log-in process each time I come on, for a while, and let you know how it goes...

Let me know,

Lisa

FWIW I log in each time, sometimes checking the stay logged in box, usually not. I only log in though when I intend to post or think there might be a photo I'd like to see in a specific post. But no log in issues here, just that one I mentioned elsewhere relating to posting.

I'm also using Google Chrome and either 7 or 10. I forget which.

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 12:51:15 AM »
Each time I tick the stay logged in box, to no avail.  No, I have not deleted the cookies to my knowledge but will check to be sure.

Yes; and check your internet settings to make sure you're not automatically deleting cookies when you close your browser or logout of your account.

======================

======================

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 01:26:39 AM »
No, not deleting cookies. This is a mystery due to it is recent in the last few months and no internet changes on my end. Thanks for the suggestions DL!

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 10:21:21 AM »
No, not deleting cookies. This is a mystery due to it is recent in the last few months and no internet changes on my end. Thanks for the suggestions DL!

Okay; the other thing is: do you check the box to stay logged in "forever"?  If you set a time limit there, you will be logged out when that time is up. 

For instance: if you say 360 minutes on that form, you'll be logged out after six hours whether you're online or not.  That is, it won't count "six hours on the forum" rather the cookie will expire six hours after it's creation, even if you don't visit SG again during that time -and it doesn't reset to a new six hour period if you leave, then come back an hour later. It only begins the countdown again if you login again, regardless of why you were logged out.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 10:25:18 AM by DragonLady »

======================

======================

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 01:26:54 AM »
DL, I do check stay logged in forever, but to no avail. I should add that, I do not logout or Xout from my browser, I merely hit the home button,as always, but the next time I open SG I must log in again, even if it has only been moments since I was there.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 01:31:42 AM by Debbie S »

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 01:37:36 AM »
???????????? fingers crossed, I think I found a work around. I logged in and then saved a new SG icon to my home screen. When I click on the new icon it opens with me already logged in.  Hope this might help someone else as I was very frustrated having to  log in several times a day. ????????

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 01:47:22 AM »
Well I spoke to quickly, as now when I click the new icon, the box under my name is green to show I am online, but the top of the page shows me as a guest and will not let me post until I log in.

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 02:30:36 AM »
Well I spoke to quickly, as now when I click the new icon, the box under my name is green to show I am online, but the top of the page shows me as a guest and will not let me post until I log in.

I admit, that has me baffled.

None of this is showing up on the forum's error logs, so it has to be a handshake error between either a) your computer and the server or b) the forum and server.

Either way, I need to amend the ticked I've submitted, and hope they can figure out what is going wrong and get it fixed.

======================

======================

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 02:22:34 AM »
Thank you, DL!

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2018, 02:41:04 PM »
DL, has IT had any luck solving the problem?

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2018, 03:17:12 PM »
No; not yet.

I just got a nicely detailed email from someone yesterday who is having a lot of the same troubles, which I will forward to our hosts.

Are you still having problems, Debbie S?

======================

======================

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 03:47:40 PM »
If everyone who is having this problem could please send me screenshots, I would much appreciate it.  See if you can get the full url that appears in your browser's address bar into the image, if possible.  When these things happen, a picture really is worth a thousand words.

======================

======================

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 01:25:26 AM »
There is no screen shot that will help for my issue. It will just not allow me to stay logged on, even the that box clicked.

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 06:04:50 AM »
There is no screen shot that will help for my issue. It will just not allow me to stay logged on, even the that box clicked.

That is puzzling.

You are able to login, but not stay that way...which has to be some kind of problem with cookies. 

======================

======================

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 06:09:10 AM »
Debbie S, all the problems your experiencing is happening on an iPad, right?  Is it the only device you use?

======================

======================

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 12:48:13 PM »
I've noticed the same thing happening on my iPhone. Even though I click to stay logged in, I have to log on more often than not. I hadn't really noticed if it happens every time since I seldom log in to SG on my phone. It may have something to do with the recent iOS upgrade?

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2018, 02:43:33 PM »
DL, it happens on both my IPad and IPhone.

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 02:47:32 PM »
Kathryn, I appreciate knowing it is just not me......misery loves company, LOL.  I also wondered if it could be related to IOS update, but my other links still work. Thanks

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2018, 03:56:12 PM »
Now, I think  we may be getting somewhere. :)

======================

======================