Author Topic: Vogue 8670  (Read 2213 times)

Offline pdiddly

• P's Sewing Blog
Vogue 8670
« on: July 02, 2011, 03:48:50 PM »
I have had quite a productive sewing weekend so far.  Yesterday I made the Vogue 1127 for my friend as a present and today I made two tops from Vogue 8670.

This has to be one of the easiest patterns I have made up - the 2nd top took me just over an hour to make.

I use the white jersey I purchased when I was with Elizabeth, aka (ejv) yesterday.  It's wonderful and looks great once sewn.
  Excuse Edna's wonky bra but I had to pull the straps down ;D
Last week I had purchased some nice lilac cotton jersey together with a paisley print to match - I had already made the PJ bottoms so used the same pattern to made a coordinating PJ top
  I finished the bottom of the PJ's with my evolution wave function using a combination of wooly thread and the normal white serger thread. 

P
Pauline

I work full time in a busy job that often takes me around the world - in my spare time love to sew and enjoy exchanging ideas with like-minded people see my blog
http://psewing.blogspot.com/

Online vtmartha

Re: Vogue 8670
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 04:02:17 PM »
What a pretty top and pjs, Pauline!  I'm glad you and Elizabeth had a fun get together.  Are you moving from your freshly redecorated house into London?

Offline pdiddly

• P's Sewing Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 04:09:30 PM »
Vtmartha

I am going to be living in London during the week and back home to the country Friday-Monday - so best of both worlds.
Pauline

I work full time in a busy job that often takes me around the world - in my spare time love to sew and enjoy exchanging ideas with like-minded people see my blog

Offline MaryAnn

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 04:38:33 PM »
Ooh, I love how you finished the bottom of your PJ's. I have an Imagine Wave, but have never explored that aspect. thanks for the nudge.

Offline pdiddly

• P's Sewing Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 04:52:43 PM »
Thanks MaryAnn

when you use the wooly thread it will not go through the air feeder properly so I take a long piece of thread - fold it in half and poke the two cut ends into the underlooper, push the button but holding on to the looped end - I then thread the wooly thread through the loop and pull it through (I you understand all that).  For some reason the wooly thread seems to do its own thing (not stiff enough) to go through properly - this was a tip from the tutor from Babylock.

I will try and use it more - I have some other colours that I can use.

P
Pauline

Offline MaryAnn

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 07:20:15 PM »
Thanks, Pauline, for the extra tips on getting the wooly nylon through the threader. I am going to try this soon.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »
Cute PJs, Pauline!

Please tell me more about the fabric that you used for the sleeves of your white top. It looks so interesting--is it intertwined ribbons?

Kathryn

Offline Susan in Miami

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 09:55:27 PM »
Pauline,

Fabulous top, the sleeves are intriguing. I adore your pjs, I have a thing for pretty pjs.

Susan

Offline Jane S

• Jane Sews and Sews
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 04:01:43 AM »
Pauline, I did comment on you blog, but wanted to say again how much I like the white top.  What did you use for the sleeves.  Your PJ's are really cute.

Jane

Offline Bunnykins

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 04:56:40 AM »
Me, too.  I want to know what fabric you used for those marvellous sleeves!

Offline ejvc

• Machine-Knitting Cryptographer and Plan-Bot
  • Me about age 2
    • The Fabulous Dr E's Fabulous Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 08:03:03 AM »
Glad to see you put that knit to good use, and immediately, Pauline!  Nice work. 

Elizabeth
My blog is at http://ejvc.wordpress.com

Sewing and machine knitting in Karlstad, Sweden!

Offline bessiecrocker

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 02:37:47 PM »
- this was a tip from the tutor from Babylock.

I just had a demo of a Babylock and they showed me this method. It's the way the machine is desinged to work with non-standard thread.  Very slick. The serger took all kinds of thread...wooly, metalic, nubbed. Just make a loop of regular thread, feed the two ends in the slot, hold the loop, push the button, and then put your heavier thread through the last bit of loop, hit the button again.

Now, how do I justify getting a BabylocK?

Offline Karendee

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »
Pauline,

What innovative tops. I love the sleeves of the white one, especially. And the PJ top is cute enough to wear out. My, you have gotten into the creative tops pronto. Glad you and Elizabeth had a nice shopping day.

Karen

Offline pdiddly

• P's Sewing Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 07:05:22 PM »
Bessiecrocker

My first serger was a babylock and I had that for around 25 years and never even took it in for a service or a repair - I decided that I would go for another one - hopefully this will also last another 25 years.

It is a lot of money - but I love it.

A couple of people asked about the fabric I used for the sleeves on my white top - its seems to be a very very fine netting and to be honest I am not sure if its ribbon that has been couched on top or its been embroidered.  Either way as soon as I saw it I thought sleeves and even better it was only £1 a metre.

I have already worn the PJ's and they are super comfy - I think I have enough of the paisley to make some PJ bottoms and reverse the colours - plain top, pattern sleeves and PJ bottoms.

P

Pauline

Offline jsews

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »
Pauline - love the white top with the lacy sleeves, very pretty.  And your pj's are wonderful, always nicer to go to sleep when you are wearing something special.  You have been busy this weekend.  Glad you have enough left to make another cute set!

Jean
Devote yourself to an idea. Go make it happen.  Struggle on it; overcome your fears.   Smile!  Donít you forget - this is your dream!

Offline Sheilaz-CTK

• Sheilaz Crochetz, Threadz & Knitz
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 08:38:07 PM »
Lovely pj top... Especially the sleeves

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics