Author Topic: Does anyone know where I could find hand embroidery patterns?  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Joyce L

Do every one know where Cross I could fine hand embroidery patterns ?????
Joyce
Have a great Day Joyce

Offline karent

• ACorgiHouse
Re: Does anyone know where I could find hand embroidery patterns?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 02:36:51 PM »
What kind?  Hand embroidery patterns is pretty broad.  Crewel?  Cross Stitch?  Any particular type of design?  K

Offline Joyce L

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 03:25:25 PM »
Not count cross Stitch an thing else like crewel  Joyce :) not fuss other wise
Have a great Day Joyce

Offline Amanteslove

• creating with love -amantes
    • my work shops
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 03:39:28 PM »
joyce if you can open this web http://photo.163.com can search were albums of embroidery in any style sure with Google translate in Chinese , can look and here some :
http://www.tindirindi.lt/forum/viewforum.php?id=167 in themes different styles , thaty in my language so if need help just ask
alive you can be just when given something to world.
If like and wish my works can find here for clothes http://www.zibbet.com/amanteslove and supplies http://www.zibbet.com/Kleosupplies

Offline SandiWahl

• Sewing by the Grace of God
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 04:45:31 PM »
I really like www.nordicneedle.com - they have a bit of everything & books if you want to learn something new.

Offline Joyce L

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 04:59:45 PM »
 thanks , I cant get into  it because I  got have password
Have a great Day Joyce

Offline Pina

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »
Joyce,maybe you find something you like in the free links I bookmarked a while ago.Some are cross stitch and other patterns/projects.I'm posting several different embroidery sites in case someone else is interested in free hand embroidery patterns too.

Hand embroidery stitch tutorials,some with pdf download.Free pdf stitching guide download.Elizabethan blackwork.Fill in patterns from 16th century blackwork embroideries.Patterns for Cross-stitch and other needlework.Cross - stitch patterns and projects.Stumpwork Pdf download pattern and instructions.

In this link it says,more than 400 (september 2009) original and traditional high quality embroidery designs: punto Assisi, Florentine embroidery (Bargello), Celtic embroidery, Chinese, Miao, Alphabets..... All designs go with free embroidery patterns. Nothing has to be downloaded. You can use the working drawings directly by printing them or by saving them on your computer (for own use).

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 06:37:57 PM by Pina »

Offline Joyce L

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 06:57:52 PM »
Thanks I will take a look Pina
Have a great Day Joyce

Offline SandiWahl

• Sewing by the Grace of God
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 05:31:57 PM »
Thanks, Pina - the blackwork patterns look good.  Sorry, Joyce - last time I was at Nordic Needle they had some free pattern downloads with no login necessary.  Try this link - they've got some pretty Hardanger patterns if you'd like to try that:  http://www.nordicneedle.net/swag/.

Offline Pina

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 04:03:54 AM »
Several free Elizabethan Blackwork hand embroidery patterns.A page of free hand embroidery patterns,please click on a pattern name here.

Anyone who loves vintage hand embroidery will enjoy this free public domain Corticelli Home Needlework 1898 pdf book with 96 pages.Stitch directions are described in an old fashioned manner but with a little concentration they can be understood. As to be expected there is a really good description of how to do long and short stitch and the patterns that are in this book are really beautiful.Traditional stitchers and crazy quilters should love this book as many of the patterns  can be adapted for use on items that can be used today.

A color picture of one of the designs in the book and more freebies can be found here;)

Offline Pina

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 06:30:22 AM »
Easter egg using traditional hand embroidery stitches in bright,sunny colors of 6-strand embroidery floss.You can download the free embroidery pattern for the egg on this page.If you want to finish the Easter egg as a puffed ornament,you can visit the tutorial here.Or Barnyard Bernie & Over-Easy Louise redwork chicken basking in the sun here.Or stitch this pretty sentiment for your home and display it on the sofa or a favorite chair.Other free projects,patterns and tutorials can be found here and at the top of the page.

Basic hand embroidery stitches tutorials are here.Running stitch and variations of running stitch.Chain stitch and variations of chain stitch.Buttonhole and blanket stitches and more.

Offline tania-gru

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 10:06:48 AM »
Tutorials and a wide range of techniques and some truly aweinspiring projects at www.needlenthread.com. Mary Corbet writes concisely and is really inspiring.
tania

Offline Pina

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 04:16:34 PM »
Tania,I like Needle ‘n Thread's free hand embroidery patterns and tutorials too !  ;)

At EMS,Ellen Maurer-Stroh’s Cross-Stitch-Board,one can download many free hand embroidery patterns and free machine embroidery designs too,after signing in.Behind each picture are more cross stitch patterns here. Spring and Easter cross stitch patterns are here.

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics