Author Topic: Sharing project photos of kids clothes  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Morzel

• Subscribed Member
Sharing project photos of kids clothes
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:24:45 AM »
This whole childrens topic has been very quiet. Guess everyone is sewing more for themselves... I thought I'd just open up a thread to share pictures of things sewn for kids - equivalent to the thread sharing project photos of us adults in Fashion&Wardrobe. Maybe those of you sewing something for their kids, grandchildren, godchildren etc. would like to join? Seeing what others sew for their kids is always an inspiration!

I'll start off with a few tshirts I sewed this week:

the shirt with the beetle on it is for my nephew - he used to live in Japan, where he had a 'pet' beetle. Seems to be common in Japan, as they don't need much space, don't smell etc...
The shirt with the horses I made for my daughters friend as a gift for her 6th birthday - so I painted a 6 on the sleeve and made a bag to put it inside instead of wrapping the present.
The longsleeved shirt is for my daughter - she likes blue and I also wanted to get rid of that blue/pink fabric, as I think the opportunities of using pink fabric are diminishing rapidly...  ;) I am glad that, even though there's pink on the sleeve, she likes the shirt.
Also, two weeks ago I made a simple skirt by simply ruching the fabric for another friends birthday present. All the kids know, that they will get something sewn from my daughter. Its their call to tell me what kind of garment they want. For years its been mostly dresses, but last year it changed more to tshirts (as they wear tshirt and leggins usually). This girl wears skirts every day, so a skirt it was. The fabric is japanese, my daughter modelling. For sewing dresses and skirts I really appreciated my bias binder - it was quite expensive, but it makes sewing the bias soo much easier/professional/faster. This hem is about 4m, I've dealt with 8m hems on dresses.
Eva

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
Re: Sharing project photos of kids clothes
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 03:07:13 PM »
You really sew wonderfully, Morzel. Each of those kid's garments looks better than RTW. What a good idea to sew for a birthday gift; that way whenever they wear the top or dress, etc. they'll think of you and your daughter.

I'm really loving that bug shirt. I want one!   ;D

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

Offline Helen M

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 07:41:52 PM »
The bug shirt caught my eye as well, it's super, as are the rest. Well done Morzel!
Sewing in Cheshire

[/url]

Offline KarenDee

• Subscribed Member
  • SIgnal Mountain, Tn.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 05:40:42 AM »
Morzel, love seeing these adorable children's clothes you have made. Like Kathryn said, they certainly look better made than RTW. Your daughter is adorable in that darling skirt for her friend.

Karendee