Author Topic: 2018 SWAP Chatter #2 (continued)  (Read 40625 times)

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
    • Nebula Classical Academy
Re: 2018 SWAP Chatter #2 (continued)
« Reply #385 on: April 09, 2018, 03:09:09 AM »
Keep sewing ladies! No sense rushing just for a deadline, especially if it takes the fun out of sewing.

I finally finished one item in my "blue" collection: a pullover hoodie, made from a quilted knit from JoAnns. I love this thing! I think it may be the neatest sewing job I've done yet.  No one here will take a photo of me in it, so that will have to wait.

If I can keep getting a few items cut, I should be able to manage even a seam or two a night. Most of my plans are pretty simple sews, so there is still plenty of time to finish at the deadline.
Wendy

Offline indigotiger

• Subscribed Member
    • Acorn Cottage Artisanry
« Reply #386 on: April 10, 2018, 05:56:23 AM »
"Proficere lente sed proficere" (incremental progress is still progress) I intend to gradually sew the rest of what I had planned. But... I think I am going to be one of those with an incomplete SWAP. I used up all my mojo on my cardigan. I don't regret it at all, since the cardigan has already become such a valued part of my everyday wardrobe...  I just cannot imagine myself hurrying through my seven remaining garments in the spare time I have in the next 20 days.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:14:17 AM by indigotiger »
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

Offline dementedfairy

• The Demented Fairy blog
« Reply #387 on: April 10, 2018, 08:04:25 AM »
Treefrog:  what a gorgeous collection!  I tried to follow your link to the blog posts on the tops, but it just takes me to my own wordpress writing page...
Apparently I'm a quintessential Gemini- but I think that's a load of b.s. myselves...

Offline treefrog

• SWAP Addict :-)
    • sew Treefrog
« Reply #388 on: April 10, 2018, 09:01:21 AM »
 Thanks!  I've fixed up the links.  Sould be working now

Offline bessiecrocker

• Subscribed Member
  • Winner's Points: 1
« Reply #389 on: April 10, 2018, 11:10:40 AM »
Wow Treefrog, very impressive! Example of how the sum of a SWAP vastly exceeds each of it's parts.  Love, love the concept of a bra as your accessory...very original. And those hiking pants are a true feat of engineering. If you ever decide to disclose-or sell- the pattern, put me down as a potential customer.

Offline Lisanne

• Subscribed Member
  • southern England
« Reply #390 on: April 10, 2018, 11:38:00 AM »
Well Done Treefrog, a marvellous reward for all your work  ;D
Does this bring you joy, calm, confidence  :D  if not, try something else.

https://sewingplums.com - comments on wardrobes, patterns, style, fit
https://uk.pinterest.com/sewingplums/ - style images
https://aimforquality.wordpress.com - good basic sewing techniques
https://easyjackets.wordpress.com - no need for tailoring, unless you want to
https://helpwithsewingpatterninstructions.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/first-blog-post/ - Peggy Sagers sew-alongs

Offline CCL

• Subscribed Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
« Reply #391 on: April 10, 2018, 11:52:39 AM »
Wow, wow, wow, Treefrog.  It's a gorgeous SWAP, from initial plan to final execution.  I completely agree with Bessie that your collection is a  perfect example of a SWAP that is more than just the sum of its parts. But what a great bunch of "parts"!   Each piece is wonderful in and of itself (and I can't wait to see more photos of everything but especially the hand woven top).

Offline dementedfairy

« Reply #392 on: April 10, 2018, 11:55:16 AM »
I agree with everyone else- is there a close up or blog post on your lovely weaving?
Apparently I'm a quintessential Gemini- but I think that's a load of b.s. myselves...

Offline LillieT

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #393 on: April 10, 2018, 02:53:12 PM »
Treefrog - I too agree with everyone else, your creativity and execution are impressive!  I do hope to see photos of the self woven top - the whole concept fascinates me.

Offline Turquoise

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #394 on: April 10, 2018, 02:55:03 PM »
Fantastic work treefrog.  I would also love to see more detail of your hand-woven top.

Offline M lambie

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #395 on: April 10, 2018, 09:56:55 PM »
Turquoise, I really like your latest makes! Your dress is a nice match of fabric and style. I really like what you've done with the stripes on your turquoise T! The wrap sweater turned out wonderfully, too -- I really like seeing how you take your inspiration photos and translate them into your own garments. I had a thought about your SWAP -- you could always use your RTW and previously sewn options for bottom layers and submit a SWAP that way. Just a thought. :) I would love to see your fabulous garments in the SWAP gallery.

CCL, those are beautiful trousers, so well made and flattering to your figure! I agree about the top, though. The square neck really suits you and I like the drapiness of the style on you as well, but maybe not tucked into a more fitted waistline. I'd be interested in seeing it in the smaller size, but perhaps it's the style and the drapey area at the sides/under the arms that isn't working as well. Thanks for your comments and encouragement re my slow SWAP. You are always a kind and encouraging voice here on SG and it is appreciated. :)

Treefrog, wow, well done!! Congrats on finishing with time to spare. It must feel great! ;D I love your pic with all the garments laid out. I can really see how nicely your garment colors mirror your inspiration pic. Your hiking pants are quite an accomplishment! I also really like the graphic T (what I can see) and your other T's are so nicely made, too. Like everyone else, I am looking forward to seeing the top made from your own weaving in greater detail. :)

Wendy, good job finishing your blue hoodie! I'm admiring the steady progress you have been making. Good luck with your next step!  :smiles-pom2:

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #396 on: April 11, 2018, 12:12:39 AM »
Treefrog, Tuquoise, CCL, great finished makes! 

And Treefrog, you have completed a nicely coordinated SWAP!

I've got part of my Elle pants completed, and I'll try to get a few more seams finished tonight, I could have a new pair of pants by tomorrow!
Wendy

Offline treefrog

• sew Treefrog
« Reply #397 on: April 11, 2018, 03:19:39 AM »
Thanks for all the lovely comments on my SWAP and especially the interest in the handwoven top.  The pattern I've used is very plain in an attempt to highlight the texture of the weave (same New Look pattern as Ruthie has been using for her tops).  Looks and feels great on but has absolutely no hanger appeal at all!  I'm hoping to get some photos wearing the top tomorrow and I'll be sure to post them.

dementedfairy  I've put up a couple of posts on the weaving as it was progressing, but none since it was off the loom.  I've taken a few close-ups before and after it was washed that I'll post soon.  I'm just so relieved that it is sewn up.  My last two attempts at hand-woven jackets ended in disaster so its nice to finally make something I can wear.

To those still beavering away - I'm cheering you on!!!

Lisanne  I love your idea of a gallery for the mini-SWAPs.  So much of the fun of SWAP is seeing what other people make, how they choose the colours and patterns

Turquose  I adore your last two makes.  The colours are so vibrant.

CCL Your trousers look gorgeous - inside and out.  I'm so impressed with the extra attention to the seams.  I like the tester for the green top - very drapey and feminine, with the square neckline really suits you.  But I think you are right to go down a size.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:23:19 AM by treefrog »

Offline LillieT

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #398 on: April 12, 2018, 02:22:54 AM »
Thanks for all the kind wishes for Jaedyn and myself.  It is much appreciated. Jaedyn is slowly improving, is able to be in a social setting for a couple of hours and is doing well at physical and occupational therapy.  I am feeling fairly good, am dealing with a sinus infection, but other than that quite well. The silver lining in my health issues is that most of the time I can sew in small increments and have lots of time for hand work, which I really enjoy, and planning - which may or may not be a good thing. Because I am retired I have few responsibilities - housework is done in the same way as sewing, etc. in small increments.
I have completed all of my garments for SWAP, will be slowly working with Jaedyn to photograph all of the garments.  The only problem, as I see it, is there is a lot of time before the deadline and Lillie may come up with more changes - lol  As I mentioned earlier, Lillie came up with a save for the cream skinny pants - photos tomorrow if the weather improves. Spring rains here, much needed, but not conducive for photos.

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #399 on: April 12, 2018, 11:43:48 AM »
Ruthie, 24 garments and 10 more planned! (plus a little home dec) Wow!  I can't wait to see which make it to SWAP.

Same to you Demented Fairy, glad you have made such good progress as well.

I have managed to get the Elle pants mostly sewn in little increments. I just have the waist band and hemming to do.  We have an annual Textile Garage sale here, that is happening this weekend. I am going to spend a little time there and hope to come home with some blue jersey for a few t-shirts for SWAP. I've never gone to this before, it should be fun!
Wendy

Offline mudcat

• Subscribed Member
  • Sonoran Desert / subtropical
« Reply #400 on: April 13, 2018, 04:25:27 AM »
DL has created the  2018 SWAP gallery and I've posted the photo guidelines here:
http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php?topic=1482.0

She set up the gallery for paid or non paid SWAPers so if you are unable to create your gallery please let her know so she can get you setup.

Offline CCL

• Subscribed Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
« Reply #401 on: April 14, 2018, 02:15:12 PM »
I am just dashing to quickly comment before using today to sew on my second pair of trousers.

First of all, thank you Treefrog and Mary about the comments on the top.  I am still trying to figure out how to use this fabric.  I am sure it will be the last of the fabrics from the SWAP to be sewn up -- and I may end up doing something completely wild such as a tabard or a Vietnamese Ao Dai - or I might be sensible and do the Butterick 6221 top in a smaller size and a bias skirt using OOP Vogue 9321.  At this point I am completely up in the air - Good thing I always knew this was a slow sewing SWAP.

Demented Faery, love the pants, love the red dress sari fabric! You and Ruthie are production geniuses!

Warpjr1965 - a stormy weekend is a great opportunity for a jammies and a mini-sewvacation!  Enjoy. (of course as long as you don't lose power and nothing drastic happens because of the weather)

Mary, you are too kind... I am always so inspired by your work.  You are the epitome of a woman who knows her style - and such a great style - so in my humble opinion, whatever you do to stay true to your style is worth it.   

LillieT - so many beautiful sews, you and Ruthie have multiple SWAP possibilities.

MelindaB, I know what you mean about getting tired of sewing the plan.  I think your idea of trying a few 6-PACs is a good idea.  I really like doing them as there aren't too many garments if I start getting bored but there's still a timeline which helps motivate me - though I rarely pay attention to it or the rules.
I am getting eager to use up some of my pink/magenta/blues fabrics... though Mudcat's SWAP rules have been a true inspiration for me to use up some of the colors that have been languishing in the stack.

Treefrog - OMG OMG... that handwoven top is elegant.  Beautiful!  I am so envious.  Frankly, if I saw that in a boutique, I would buy it immediately - wouldn't even think twice about the price.

I know I am missing commenting on some folks' progress, including FabricKated's low key (but so elegant) sewing, but hoping all the sewing gods and goddesses smile on everyone's efforts.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 02:16:49 PM by CCL »

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #402 on: April 14, 2018, 03:45:18 PM »
I have been looking at people's pieces but not really commented much - sorry!

I am particularly loving those which have that extra components, IndigoTiger's handsitched reverse applique cardigan, Kate's handpainted silk top and Treefrog's handwoven top.

I have enjoyed sewing all my pieces, but truthfully my sewing theme this year is definitely one of volume stash busting rather than a carefully curated designer collection. I'm glad some of the approaches I've used in that have helped others, but I'm not sure I should actually enter this year as I've not really done what we were supposed to do.

I'm still sewing away and have plans for some more ivory thread based stuff.

I would be able to assemble a set of 11 garments sewn within the time frame and meeting the rules, but not sure it would be very exciting for anyone else to see frankly.

Anyway keep sewing everyone, at whatever pace works for you, and produce garments you love and will wear - that's the winning formula.

Offline mudcat

• Subscribed Member
  • Sonoran Desert / subtropical
« Reply #403 on: April 14, 2018, 06:21:30 PM »
I disagree Ruthie.  You are creating something very much like a designer in the reuse of patterns in multiple colors and tweaks.

I should follow your lead.  My wardrobe is becoming quite sparse for clothes that can be worn in public.  Around the house I wear sleeveless dresses (now that we are into hot weather) but few of them are appropriate for public for various reasons.

Treefrog, your woven top is lovely. I just read your blog entry and that must be so disappointing to have had the first two attempts not work out.  Hopefully, this will be the start of many successes in the future.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:41:47 PM by mudcat (SWAP Coordinator) »

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #404 on: April 14, 2018, 09:56:40 PM »
Ruthie, there are definitely some SWAPs out there with a level of skill and detail that I cannot come close to.  But I agree with Mudcat, your use of shape, texture, color, and repeat are valuable skills in putting together a collection.

I am plowing along. The Elle pants are done, and I am about to cut out the Jalie jeans next. So far I am at 7 of 11 garments, including the previously sewn/RTW options.

I have 2 sweater knits I would really like to work in, and then that puts me at 9.

My fabric garage sale was re-scheduled due to our winter storm, I was hoping to pick up some knits for some additional t-shirts, but it is probably OK that it is delayed. I really need pants anyway.

I  am half thinking of sewing up a pair of Jalie jeans in black, and using that as my second neutral, but that would make it a bit of a scramble to re-arrange things this close to the deadline.
Wendy

Offline LillieT

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #405 on: April 14, 2018, 11:29:56 PM »
Anyway keep sewing everyone, at whatever pace works for you, and produce garments you love and will wear - that's the winning formula.

Ruthie You hit the nail on the head with your last sentence.  I believe that is exactly what you have been doing, as have I.  My collection is completely knits, most fast sews, but they have met a definite need for me.  I had lost close to 30 pounds over the winter and none of the clothes I had fit, so quick, practical, easy care clothes was what I needed.  I wear something from my recent makes every day.

I encourage you to put together your most flattering pieces and enter them.  I believe that "winning" is not the goal here.  "Finishing" is not even necessarily the end game.  The fact that you have a number of wearable pieces to choose from each time you dress is a win in my book.

Offline treefrog

• sew Treefrog
« Reply #406 on: April 15, 2018, 12:29:00 AM »
CCL  The áo dài sounds lovely - especially in that colour.  I do love the drape in the Butterick top that you did the test for though.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

Ruthie  I disagree with you too. You should but your SWAP photos up.   Group photo of ALL the garments, along with the amount of stash you've sewn.  Pick out your favourite 11 looks.  I think we'd all love to see it!   To me, the photo gallery is like a party, where we get to see what everyone has been working.  Which is why I'd like to see the mini-SWAPs in there too.  Sure, one will be more popular than the others.   But that doesn't lessen any of the others.  Each person has their own goals, skills and style.   And sometimes we undersell our achievements.
Like you said - "whatever pace works for you, and produce garments you love and will wear".  C'mon, show us what you've made! :confettitoss:

mudcat - thanks for the comment on my top.  It's a major personal goal ticked off so I'm really chuffed.  It wouldn't have happened without SWAP.  Your comment about "your the designer" and using textures was why I'd included it in my plan.  I almost gave up on it a few times but kept going because it was in that drawing I did, stuck up on my noticeboard.  So I owe you a big thank-you for helping make this actually happen.  Thanks heaps!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:33:49 AM by treefrog »

Offline stephaniecan

• Subscribed Member
  • Fall down eight times. Get up nine times.
« Reply #407 on: April 15, 2018, 01:46:06 PM »
Hi everyone. I have been away and now trying to get up and running again, so haven't yet read everyone's threads. That said, treefrog I looked at your collection and it is beautiful! Exactly what I would want to produce in terms of harmony if I can get my act together! Also, Ruthie I absolutely agree that your sewing is impressive and I hope you pull together your favourite eleven pieces and show a collection. I can only dream of being so productive.

Completely counter to common sense, and also completely irrational given that I have to travel again over next weekend, I am plowing on with my SWAP! I cut out a shirt dress and prepared to make some shorts in the same hazelnut linen I was making my skirt in, so that is one neutral to add to my plum neutral (for which I need to make one more garment). I might just pull this off (or at least I fantasize that it is so), and probably more in the spirit of the original SWAP. In any case, if half-SWAPs are permitted I can show what I actually did in the end without being in the competition part. :)

Putting my head down now....

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #408 on: April 15, 2018, 04:50:29 PM »
Thank you everyone for the encouragement to show my pieces.
I don't think I can put one of all the pieces I have sewn because that would break the photo rules, but I could create a few slides to show them on my blog and thread instead for those who are interested.

I have some ivory pieces planned but have been busy with social activities and home maintenance things so not done much sewing.
Hoping to get some time Mon, Tue, Wed evenings this week but that's not going to be enough for what I have planned. Hmmmm.
You'd think I'd have enough pieces with all I have sewn... but if brown, teal and ivory are my 3 colours... I need to go away to my thread and work out if i can achieve the rules already with what I have.

Be back later....

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #409 on: April 15, 2018, 07:19:47 PM »
CCL, I'll be interested to know what you end up deciding with your fabric!  I applaud your effort with pants, being more proficient at this is on my list of things to work on.

Ruthie, I will also be excited to see which of your makes you choose for SWAP, and will peek at your blog for the full rundown on what you've sewn so far.

Stephanie I am glad to see you are madly sewing along with the intent/hope of finishing!  I am in the same boat.

Meanwhile, I have a bit of a dilemma and would appreciate some feedback. Do I go with my original plan and color scheme, or do I sub out black as one neutral (instead of blue), keep the floral as my print, and go with blue and purple as accents (instead of the coral)?

I have some black twill  that could easily become another pair of pants, and an already made cardigan.  I just don't know then if I would have enough tops???  Oh dear.
Wendy

Offline dementedfairy

« Reply #410 on: April 15, 2018, 08:37:53 PM »
Ruthie you should enter several SWAPs lol

Well, I've sewn 11 items, still haven't rescued either pair of black trousers, and have several candidates for the RTW/pre-sewn/early sewn category, but I'm not really sure what will end up on the final cut.

I've decided I need a couple of plainer, simple T-shirt type tops, but I'm undecided about making them part of the collection...I really do need to do something with the black trousers though.

Sigh.  All wearable though, so why worry?

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #411 on: April 17, 2018, 06:28:33 AM »
I am musing about the balance between items now I'm trying to assemble my final collection.
I have only sewn tops, bottoms and layers, no dresses.

So a sensible split would be 3 of one, 4 of the other two, but which way to go?
I've made lots of brown trousers but they all sort of look the same and the brown skirt is winter weight and would need thick opaque tights which I don't want to wear now.
So I only have 3 bottoms really - teal skirt, teal trousers and brown trousers.

I have loads of tops but they don't all work with the teal bottoms, though they all work with the brown trousers.
And if I pick some print tops then I really need to have plain cardigans.

I know the SWAP rules this year say its OK as long as each garment can be in two outfits. But brown top + brown trousers - with or without a cardigan doesn't quite seem to do it for me!

Offline CCL

• Subscribed Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
« Reply #412 on: April 17, 2018, 01:05:29 PM »
Ruthie I don't know if this helps, but I am drawn to your teal and brown combinations, in part I think because of the solids which can work beautifully on their own, but help create a stage for other pieces or accessories.   One  of my favorite pieces  from your photos is the top made of a black and white print combined with solid black under the bust (bottom right, I think, in the teal-brown combo).  In that piece,  there's a balance of rest and excitement - if I am making any sense. I get the same feeling from the entire brown and teal collection.  Someone (Lisanne? Bessie?) mentioned in maybe another thread that the eye needs a place to stop. Perhaps that is what draws my eye to that particular top.  You have made so many great pieces to mix and match.  I agree with everyone above about the skill, detail and design of your magnificent stash busting SWAPs.  HTH

Demented Faery Your idea of including some white tops sounds like a great great plan.  It always surprises me how a white top (or probably any little bit of white) can just punch up the entire outfit.

Stephanie Yay!  Hoping you can sandwich in enough sewing time.  Plow on!

Turquoise I neglected to post how much I liked your blue and white striped top...all your sews are definitely lovely, but I would be happy to take the blue top off your hands :-)

Warpjr1965 - I have been thinking about your question about substitions and don't really have a good answer.  The only thing I can offer is  my experience from my first SWAP.  Many years ago I added slash front pockets to my favorite pants pattern - but for SWAP sewing I eliminated them because to finish the SWAP on schedule, the pockets were too time consuming.  I have regretted that decision ever since.  I just don't wear those pants as much I would if they had pockets.  Anyway, overly long answer, but I hope that helps. 

Bessie Your last post really resonated with me; I am in your second group.  I have the map, the car is all powered up, I got supplies, but I am meandering a bit off path or just stopping longer in some locations...but I still have the map with me so will probably end up at my destination a couple of months behind schedule.  I too have learned a valuable lesson going forward... I just don't have the imagination to "start with the fabric" - when I buy a fabric that I have fallen in love with, that's the fabric the ends up in stash for years.  If I start with a pattern I want to make and then go looking for the fabric to make it up in, I do much better at actually getting it sewn up.  Have to think more about this.

I am not yet done with the pockets on my trousers, but really should be finished this evening.  This may be my last day of sewing for April... I'd like to at least finish them and post them with the print top (already finished second print item), but it is not looking likely.

I know I missed commenting on some others, and there are all the other folks quietly sewing complete SWAPS, which I will be  excited to see posted in the gallery or even other slow sewers like me who may post photos  as teasers of wonderful things to come...whether now or long after the deadline passes - Morzel, IndigoTiger, Mary, Kate and everyone I haven't mentioned, good luck. 

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #413 on: April 17, 2018, 08:21:11 PM »
Ruthie I don't know if this helps, but I am drawn to your teal and brown combinations, in part I think because of the solids which can work beautifully on their own, but help create a stage for other pieces or accessories.   One  of my favorite pieces  from your photos is the top made of a black and white print combined with solid black under the bust (bottom right, I think, in the teal-brown combo).  In that piece,  there's a balance of rest and excitement - if I am making any sense. I get the same feeling from the entire brown and teal collection.  Someone (Lisanne? Bessie?) mentioned in maybe another thread that the eye needs a place to stop. Perhaps that is what draws my eye to that particular top.  You have made so many great pieces to mix and match.  I agree with everyone above about the skill, detail and design of your magnificent stash busting SWAPs.  HTH

Thanks CCL, that top is brown with a brown and ivory print not black. It looks good with the brown trousers and I have worn it already. But I wouldn't wear it with the teal bottoms so it isn't flexible enough with the SWAP to be included here as we have to make 2 outfits with each piece.

Offline stephaniecan

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #414 on: April 17, 2018, 11:05:36 PM »
Thanks, Wendy. Glad to see you are charging on, too!

BessC: I love your summary of the SWAP process. And glad to hear that you are doing well. I definitely fall into the second group. There have been so many personal ups and downs this winter and I still think I have done a lot, even if I only get a little more than half of the garments sewn.

CCL: Love the trousers!

Ruthie: Sometimes I find that surprising combinations please me. For example, I never would have expected my new linen shirt to look so great with my plum wool skirt, but I love the combination. I love it when I put unusual things together from my closet and find a winning combo. Have fun playing around with all of your lovely choices.

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #415 on: April 20, 2018, 06:51:02 AM »
How's everyone doing, are plans coming together nicely? I've seen a few people are planning for the longer haul which is fantastic.
I'm still sewing, though now with cream thread, and hope to do photos next week when I have less things on.

Offline stephaniecan

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #416 on: April 20, 2018, 12:33:36 PM »
Ruthie, I wish I had your get up and go. I am still sewing but not convinced now that I will make it in time. I thought of your "sew little, sew often" advice last evening, however, when I was tired, and it encouraged me to put together the sleeves for the dress I am working on. Now I just need to set in the sleeves and make the buttonholes and hem. Thanks!

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #417 on: April 20, 2018, 08:50:28 PM »
stephiecan, you are welcome :-)

No sewing today. Hoping to get some feeback on Sunday from DBF re outfit for a wedding we are attending (his family). I may need to sew something, or buy something depending on how that works out.

Wore my new ivory blouse on Thursday with some pinstripe palazzo trousers I made in July 2016. It worked OK but I'd make some small changes to the blouse if/when I sew it again.

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #418 on: April 21, 2018, 02:07:18 PM »
Still soldiering on over here.

I will probably have to significantly alter my plans to finish, but that is OK with me. I have at least 4 shirts I wear to work that need to be retired, so replacing them would fit SWAP and real-life needs.  I wear knits mainly at work as I need to be comfortable and able to move around easily.

The annual Textile Garage sale is being held today, and I plan to go scour the shelves for blue and brown jersey or interlock.  I won't argue if some black ponte jumps into my bag either!

I've gotten some good head way on my Jalie Jeans, and will probably cut another pair in the stretch black denim I've got, and shift the color scheme a little from the original.

I know I'm leaving it late, but I feel confident I can finish without making myself crazy.
Wendy

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #419 on: April 22, 2018, 09:55:07 PM »
Turquoise, I am sure with your RTW jeans you have enough for a SWAP, those are some very nice pieces.

My sewing machine has decided to act up, I think it is the timing?  The needle is off center and is hitting the presser foot. I am going to see if I can fix it. If not, I'll have to see if my clunky old Singer is still operational, otherwise i may be unable to finish.
Wendy