Author Topic: What am I doing wrong? (Machine Emb., PED-Basic, PE-150)  (Read 4749 times)

Offline RobbieK

What am I doing wrong? (Machine Emb., PED-Basic, PE-150)
« on: April 27, 2011, 08:57:19 PM »
I purchased some Amazing Designs via email (tried on of their CDs first and couldn't get it to work so they emailed me the .pes I need) and am trying to put it on my card for my PE-150.  I have the card in the PED-basic cradle and it is connected to the computer.  PED basic is open on the computer.  I download the designs from the email and they show up in )Documents.  When I try to open the file (which has a Adobe Acrobat styled A on it)  I get a message that says the file is either unsupported or corrupted.  I got the same message when I tried to open the files from their CD using their instructions from their web site.

Is my PED-basic bad (I have used it successfully before)?  Am I doing something wrong?  I"m ready to give up machine embroidery before I even get started.....

Offline Pina

Re: What am I doing wrong? (Machine Emb., PED-Basic, PE-150)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 12:28:27 AM »
Posted by: RobbieK
I"m ready to give up machine embroidery before I even get started.....
Hi RobbieK,I hope SG members who use PED-basic will chime in soon and help you out. Please hang in there ! Once the download and transfer problems get solved,I think you will love stitching out designs on your embroidery machine as much as I do on my machine.Meanwhile,maybe there is some useful information here,please scroll down.

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 12:34:28 AM »
Robbie,

I've made the title of the thread a little more descriptive, so that those who might be able to help will more easily identify their expertise for you.

HTH, :SGheart:

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline SuziQz

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:53:25 AM »
I don't have PED basic, so I can only give you my best guess.

Embroidery designs for your machine should have a name like design.pes.  Is that the case?  Are you clicking on the file to open it, or trying to open it from the PED basic screen.  If you are clicking on it, the Adobe Acrobat styled A might mean that Adobe Acrobat has been set as the default program to open it, which won't work.  To change that, RIGHT click on the program, from the drop down menu choose "open with," then set it to open with PED basic. 

Did that help?

Offline Pina

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »
RobbieK,have you solved the Brother PE 150 - PED Basic download and transfer issue ?

Offline RobbieK

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 12:23:23 PM »
No, Pina, I haven't.  I tried several more iterations and just walked away from my frustrations.  I'll look at the link you sent, thanks so much.

Offline Pina

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 04:11:39 PM »
Posted by: RobbieK
No, Pina, I haven't.  I tried several more iterations and just walked away from my frustrations.

RobbieK,our SG member sewnmachine posted this in this topic here.
Posted by: sewnmachine  Posted on: May 14, 2011, 01:02:28 PM
I have a Brother PE-150, basic embird and lots and lots of designs stored on my computer.

Sewnmachine may not have seen your topic and PED basic questions.I like to suggest,if you like to,to send her a private message with your topic link and questions.Maybe she can help you out to resolve the issues so you will be able to enjoy embroidering pretty designs too.  ;)

Offline RobbieK

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 04:30:57 PM »
Thanks!

Offline LauraM

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 05:54:18 PM »
Robbie, it's been forever since I used PED Basic, but I just plugged it in and went to Amazing Designs and downloaded a freebie.  Since there are many formats in this file, it comes zipped.  In my case it goes to my download folder inside documents..................and the heading looks like this............

C:\Documents and Settings\Laura Mann\My Documents\Downloads\260 (1).ZIP

To unzip this file you have to double left mouse click on the folder and you will get all the different format files (including the Adobe PDF file) opened up.  On the one I downloaded there are two PES files.  One is called BRY129.v1 and the other is BRY129.v6  Both are PES format files.  You will also want to copy and paste the PDF instruction file as that is where you will get your color order for stitching out your design.

It is easiest to find these designs to transfer to your card if you copy and paste them into a folder - I use one titled Embroidery Designs on my desktop. 

When you open up your PED Basic program, you have an option below where it gives you your hoop size (and which you can change).  It looks like folders sitting in an inbox/tray.  You left mouse click on that to find the location of where you put your design.  Once you have located where the design is you left mouse click on OK and the designs will come up in your left hand pane of your PED Basic software.  Now you can put your card into your box and highlight the design you want to transfer to the card by left mouse clicking once on the design and then left mouse clicking on the arrow between the panes.  The design will now show up in the right hand side of the pane and then you will left mouse click on the red arrow to write the design to the card.

If you are using Windows 7 then I believe you have to download an update to the drivers for PED Basic if you are running Version 1.  I run Version 1 but still run on Windows XP.  You can get this update from the Brother website..........http://www.brother-usa.com/HomeSewing/  and click on embroidery software. 

I hope this has been helpful and is what you need..........I didn't mean to give you a lesson in how to do this as I'm sure you already know, but just in case you were missing a step...............

I can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.

Offline RobbieK

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 01:09:14 PM »
Thank you Laura! 

Offline LauraM

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »
You're welcome, RobbieK..............let us know if all is well or if you still need more help........
I can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.

Offline Jennifer

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 11:30:12 PM »
I also am having some troubles with PED-Basic....I can get to the PED window and get my file...but no image appears and so I cannot move an image from the left to the right to load it on to the card.  It came as a pes file but I notice when I get to the PED window it says PES.zip ....I am doing something wrong?  I downloaded from Brother site....any help...please!

Offline PattiH

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 06:28:29 PM »
Jennifer,

Anytime it says zip on the end, it means it is a zipped file.  You will need to unzip the file to get the .PES file out of it.  It won't show up in PED-Basic unless it is an embroidery file.

To unzip a file, open up Windows Explorer (it is Accessories on your menu) and, using the right mouse button, right click and choose the option to unzip or extract all or whichever it is for your version of Windows.

Patti

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics