Author Topic: The future of SG  (Read 44455 times)

Offline Elephun

• Subscribed Member
Re: The future of SG
« Reply #490 on: April 06, 2018, 04:20:16 AM »
Hi granmomus! It would be great to see you here!
After the server with the classic SG melted down a little over a year ago, some people didn't re-register on the new reloaded site. You can check here to see if that person is a member or not.
Info on subscribing: "To purchase a subscription to SG for yourself: go to your profile, and click the "actions" tab.  It will take you to the subscription module, where you can follow the prompts.  Leave the "recurring payments" box empty, or it won't work. Finalizing the transaction is a manual process, so be patient; your account will be updated ASAP."                       

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
« Reply #491 on: April 06, 2018, 11:59:29 AM »
Granmomus, it's wonderful to hear from you! I too remember when you left, and, although I understood your reasons, I still missed seeing your helpful and friendly posts.

If you contributed in 2017, whatever the amount, you are considered a paid member for the year. Since many payments were sent under real names, not member names, there may be some people out there who donated in 2017 but have not received the Paid Member designation, since DL would not know what your screen name here is.

I'm sure DL will be by soon and let you know. If I can be of any help, I'm here for you as well.

Best wishes,
Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

Offline CCL

• Subscribed Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
« Reply #492 on: April 06, 2018, 12:31:09 PM »
Granmomus,  I have missed hearing from you on SG. I  knew why you left the site, but was saddened to see you leave. I think of you and smile every time I pick up my Kia scissors, as you generously shared the sale email they sent you. Glad to hear from you!!!

granmomus!!  Wonderful to see your name here.  Agree with everything Debbie S said and also Kathryn's hope that DL can get everything worked out for you.  If it is helpful, I have found SG to be quite a lovely, supportive, and peaceful site this year.

Online DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #493 on: April 06, 2018, 12:48:02 PM »
I haven't been here for awhile so unclear about how to subscribe or where. I did donate money, can't remember when,  a couple of times but never received a response so not sure if it was received in proper area but was taken from credit card.
I have not read every topic but do realize this is now a paid subscription, I do understand that why that is necessary.
This used to be my very favorite site, would check it out a couple of times a day until one person ruined it for me, I just couldn't take her nasty remarks, a few to me but most were to others, all upsetting. I'm old, life is too short to have to deal with that on a site that I participate in for the education & enjoyment of sewing, I don't need negativity in my life. I survived and overcame an  abusive childhood, I decided I would not let that into my life ever again when I could avoid it, not always possible of course, but no need to pay for it. So in the past couple of years only come here every 2 or 3 months when it used to be at least twice a day.
I stopped coming here because of that person, if she is a member I will not subscribe but I do miss some of the sewing related topics, sewing machines & books.

Send me an email or a private message with your real name, and I'll look you up.  If you contributed in 2017, 2018 is considered paid.

Good to see you back. :)
The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

======================

Check out my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons & other craft supplies:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Offline granmomus

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #494 on: April 07, 2018, 02:15:55 PM »
Aw, thank-you, that gave me a big smile that I really needed today! Perfect timing My husband had a serious health issue a couple of days ago, fortunately now home & recovering but it was very frightening.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #495 on: April 07, 2018, 04:18:06 PM »
I hope your husband continues to feel better, grandmomus . Gosh, that must have been a scare. Hopefully you can use surfing SG to relax and de-stress.

Best wishes,
Kathryn

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #496 on: April 10, 2018, 02:11:17 AM »
Granmomus,sending prayers and comforting thoughts for both you and your DH! 

Offline granmomus

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #497 on: April 10, 2018, 03:31:33 AM »
The recent comments to me have been a godsend, thank-you. My husband has been doing better, with a little more time he'll be back to normal. He has a seizure disorder of unknown etiology, the first one was 3 years ago, grand mal, very frightening, he did great on seizure meds but badly wanted to stop taking them & his neurologist agreed he probably didn't need them anymore, let him wean off, then boom another major seizure last week, his behavior in the few minutes before the seizure made think he was having a stroke, so frightening.
Part of the problem now is his ego, he has always worked hard to stay strong, fit, eat healthy, etc. He graduated from the Naval Academy, flew jets during Vietnam (so handsome in his uniform! LOL, that was when we met, instant lust, LOL) So he is having a problem realizing he is now considered elderly (also me). But we do talk about it, and we do laugh & joke about it. A woman happen to see me texting my daughter at a sporting event, and said "aw, look at you texting, isn't that cute" LOL, it did make me laugh, My daughter said I should have asked if she wanted me to teach her-LOL, I'll remember that next time.
So all that is to bring me to the point-I did sent in membership payment thru Paypal!

Offline CCL

• Subscribed Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
« Reply #498 on: April 10, 2018, 11:43:36 AM »
Granmomus- wonderful to hear that your husband is doing better ( and hopefully you as well).  Take care of yourself.  I am so glad you are posting again.

You may not remember, but yours was one of the first welcoming voice I "heard" when I found Stitchers Guild back when I joined -- outside the moderators -- and you were very kind to me.  I remember your posting about the old sewing group on AOL.

Offline vtmartha

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #499 on: April 10, 2018, 11:58:48 AM »
So nice to learn that you’re here, granmomus, and that your DH is improving and you’re feeling chipper!  I can relate to the ‘texting while elderly’ thing.  It keeps our brains young.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #500 on: April 11, 2018, 11:53:35 AM »
grandmomus, it's good that you and your husband can talk about his limitations now. The problem with getting older is that we still feel mentally like we're in our 30s and then a quick look in the mirror disabuses us of that notion. ;D

Good for you for falling for that handsome guy in uniform. Sounds like it was a perfect match.

Kathryn

Offline kowgiirl.up

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #501 on: April 11, 2018, 09:54:28 PM »
The problem with getting older is that we still feel mentally like we're in our 30s and then a quick look in the mirror disabuses us of that notion.

Boy, ain't that the truth!

granmomus, I too am glad you are back on the board and wish you both well :)
Theresa

Runs with scissors

Offline SheriC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #502 on: April 18, 2018, 05:39:25 PM »
Granmomus,

So good to see you have come back.  I think you will find it drama free now.   ;)

Hope both are doing well.

Offline CarolynB

• Subscribed Member
  • New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
« Reply #503 on: May 16, 2018, 10:48:45 PM »
I'm taking this seldom available opportunity to find out if anyone else is having trouble reaching the site.
It doesn't matter whether I use Chrome (my default), Firefox or IE I often get a 'timed out' message.  The front page usually loads, then the remainder of the
site is not able to be accessed.
Any ideas on what is causing this and how it can be fixed?
Many thanks

Online DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #504 on: May 16, 2018, 10:58:55 PM »
I'm taking this seldom available opportunity to find out if anyone else is having trouble reaching the site.
It doesn't matter whether I use Chrome (my default), Firefox or IE I often get a 'timed out' message.  The front page usually loads, then the remainder of the
site is not able to be accessed.
Any ideas on what is causing this and how it can be fixed?
Many thanks

You are only the second person to report any problems for quite a while now.  Can you tell me more about what is happening?  Is there a specific time of day giving you the trouble? Is it the first page, or an interior page that's timing out?  Is it happening when you're logged in or not?

Anything you can tell me will help me narrow down what's doing it.

ETA: I see you did say the front page loads; so it's interior pages giving you the trouble.  Any specific forum? or any specific topic?
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

======================

Offline CarolynB

• Subscribed Member
  • New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
« Reply #505 on: May 16, 2018, 11:21:58 PM »
Hi DL
I'm in the PNW and I can have trouble any time of the day.  In fact, i was surprised to get on now, but I'm always trying as I miss my 'fix'.
Sometimes the front page loads, other times not.  If/when the front page loads I cannot access any forum or topic.
As far as I know I'm always logged on as I never log out. Next time I get error messages I'll make a note of the actual wording and try and report back.
Many thanks,

Online DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #506 on: May 16, 2018, 11:39:57 PM »
Thanks, CarolynB.

I think most of our accessibility bugs are fixed, or are only happening intermittently.  The fact you're having a consistent issue is cause for concerns, so I do want to do whatever I can to resolve the issue.

If you're able to get a screen capture & email it to me, that would be awesome.

dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

======================