Author Topic: The future of SG  (Read 44315 times)

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
Re: The future of SG
« Reply #350 on: January 01, 2018, 08:53:17 PM »
Well, I just told my DS to go to the hospital.

I have to put myself together to drive in to find out what is going on.

I'll be 'round later...in the meantime, if anything goes kablooey, just send me an email.

The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

======================

Check out my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons & other craft supplies:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Offline Morzel

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #351 on: January 01, 2018, 09:14:21 PM »
Oh. Good wishes for DS.
Eva

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #352 on: January 01, 2018, 09:22:07 PM »
DH is getting the car ready, and I'm a bundle of nerves. :(
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

======================

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #353 on: January 01, 2018, 09:38:49 PM »
Sending good thoughts and calming prayers!

Offline Pina

« Reply #354 on: January 01, 2018, 09:39:14 PM »
Julie,I'm sending positive,healing thoughts for your son into the universe !

Offline Linda75142

• Subscribed Member
    • Seams Well - my blog
« Reply #355 on: January 01, 2018, 10:05:24 PM »
Oh my, DL.  I do hope all goes well.

Offline washi

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #356 on: January 01, 2018, 10:10:36 PM »
Thinking of you and your family, Julie!

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
    • Nebula Classical Academy
« Reply #357 on: January 01, 2018, 10:27:36 PM »
sending good thoughts your way DL.
Wendy

Offline Cheriecz

• Subscribed Member
  • aka Cheriemg
« Reply #358 on: January 01, 2018, 11:14:55 PM »
DL, i’ll Be thinking of you and DS.
Cherie

Sewing in the Arizona desert

Offline Cheriecz

• Subscribed Member
  • aka Cheriemg
« Reply #359 on: January 01, 2018, 11:20:56 PM »
Garden Girl, I also will miss your commentary very much. You bring a thoughtfulness, encouragement  and when appropriate fun to SG. Not sure your reasons for leaving, but you will be missed. I know you made a difference to a lot of members here.
Also sending thoughts and prayers your way. 
Cherie

Sewing in the Arizona desert

Offline AnnetteB

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #360 on: January 01, 2018, 11:23:09 PM »
Garden Girl,

I too will miss you not being here. Sorry to see you go.

DL,

I hope all goes well with your DS - sending positive thoughts your way.

Annette
Queensland Australia

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #361 on: January 02, 2018, 02:14:59 AM »
Thank-you, everyone.

I really just posted that in case anyone was wondering why I wasn't responding to messages or such for a few hours, but I was a bundle of nerves.

They took lots of tests, did an ultrasound, etc.  The working theory is his gallbladder is inflamed, so they gave him a couple of prescriptions and told him to follow up with our regular doctor.

======================

======================

Offline dagmaro

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #362 on: January 02, 2018, 03:23:06 AM »
DL, it sounds as if he dodged a bullet, luckily for him and for you.  Last thing you needed was the stress of another operation when you are already in the middle of one at SG! ;D
Dagmar

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #363 on: January 02, 2018, 03:37:18 AM »
DL, it sounds as if he dodged a bullet, luckily for him and for you.  Last thing you needed was the stress of another operation when you are already in the middle of one at SG! ;D

Yes; when he said "my right side hurts" of course I was afraid it would be appendicitis.  I was afraid I might be gone for a few days, since we're so far out in the middle of nowhere we would have to stay someplace close to him for a while.

======================

======================

Offline AnnetteB

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #364 on: January 02, 2018, 04:51:15 AM »
Glad to hear that your DS has a diagnosis and hope he is soon well again.

Please don't stress about SG moving. Family is more important.
Annette
Queensland Australia

Offline KarenDee

• Subscribed Member
  • SIgnal Mountain, Tn.
« Reply #365 on: January 02, 2018, 04:59:14 AM »
Dl, hope DS improves quickly with the inflamed gallbladder.

Karendee

Offline Diane in WV

« Reply #366 on: January 02, 2018, 05:22:41 AM »
Thank-you, everyone.

I really just posted that in case anyone was wondering why I wasn't responding to messages or such for a few hours, but I was a bundle of nerves.

They took lots of tests, did an ultrasound, etc.  The working theory is his gallbladder is inflamed, so they gave him a couple of prescriptions and told him to follow up with our regular doctor.
I just had mine taken out, not too long ago. I live two hours from that doctor, the other doctor DH has is 4 1/2 hours away, if appmts.are in the morning, we spend the night, we try to make them in  the afternoon.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:25:49 AM by Diane in WV »
Let's talk about math

Offline cheetah

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #367 on: January 02, 2018, 02:14:00 PM »
Glad it could be addressed, DL. Hope he feels better soon.

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #368 on: January 02, 2018, 03:26:28 PM »
Thank-you, everyone, for the well wishes for DS.  Hopefully, he'll only need to be more careful to eat right in the future.

======================

======================

Offline Diane in WV

« Reply #369 on: January 02, 2018, 09:34:54 PM »
Thank-you, everyone, for the well wishes for DS.  Hopefully, he'll only need to be more careful to eat right in the future.
That's what they told him? Never mentioned it to me. If that's what they are saying, they better follow it up with an apmt to nutritionist or dietitian. Eat better is WAY too general, and not very helpful. What was he eating anyway? I probably wasn't eating that well either, trying to eat healthier, but it's not easy when DH brings foods that are not considered healthy in the house, fritoes, etc. the donuts are not tempting though.
  I sent you a message,just so you know.
Let's talk about math

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #370 on: January 02, 2018, 09:39:29 PM »
That's what they told him? Never mentioned it to me. If that's what they are saying, they better follow it up with an apmt to nutritionist or dietitian. Eat better is WAY too general, and not very helpful. What was he eating anyway? I probably wasn't eating that well either, trying to eat healthier, but it's not easy when DH brings foods that are not considered healthy in the house, fritoes, etc. the donuts are not tempting though.

Editing; because...I don't think DS minds if I talk about what happened, but he is an adult now and I should ask him first.

Bad Momma!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:44:51 PM by DragonLady »

======================

======================

Offline Diane in WV

« Reply #371 on: January 02, 2018, 09:45:58 PM »

(removed by DL)
Well, I don't eat half a pizza, and I don't drink (beer?), but if I did, I think I'd have a bad stomach ache, but that's because...half a pizza,way too much for me...now if it was ICE cream...that's my weakness...trying not to buy it...that is, when I can go to town again,not in a hurry with icy roads.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:47:22 PM by DragonLady »
Let's talk about math

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #372 on: January 02, 2018, 09:48:04 PM »
I'm not sure what to think, either.  I hope we'll know more when he sees the GP.

======================

======================

Offline KayoticSewing

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #373 on: January 02, 2018, 11:33:31 PM »
Hope your son feels better soon, Dragonlady!

Offline Pipsy

« Reply #374 on: January 03, 2018, 12:05:54 AM »

Just to clarify...I am not talking about the ads at the bottom of the SG pages, I really like those as they provide a link to sellers I choose to support.

DL, looks like I was clarifying my post while you were posting. The ads you speak of are exactly what I was talking about!

Does avoiding ads include not selling email addresses to other forums?  As the Christmas season wanes I have been trying to figure out where all the advertisers got my email addresses. I am considering getting throw away email addresses similar to throw away phones......gasp. While not emails related, the cold case telephone calls are also driving me nuts, especially on PST!

Offline Diane in WV

« Reply #375 on: January 03, 2018, 12:18:49 AM »
I doubt if it's related, we are getting ads for Asian girls, Russian girls, medicare (I'm not on medicare), vitamins, mortgages, blood pressure, hearing aids, taxes, bowel relief, and it goes on and on and on, to hundreds, I basically have to call email in, and then delete ALL of it. I'm not looking through it to see if there is any legitimate ones, if anybody knows how to fix it, besides get another email address, let me know. That is going to be what I will use as a last resort.
  Eventually, I might take it to the guy in town and see if he can fix it, if I can't. We haven't got those from the Nigerian prince who wants to give me all his money for awhile,
Let's talk about math

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #376 on: January 03, 2018, 01:04:43 AM »

Just to clarify...I am not talking about the ads at the bottom of the SG pages, I really like those as they provide a link to sellers I choose to support.

DL, looks like I was clarifying my post while you were posting. The ads you speak of are exactly what I was talking about!

Does avoiding ads include not selling email addresses to other forums?  As the Christmas season wanes I have been trying to figure out where all the advertisers got my email addresses. I am considering getting throw away email addresses similar to throw away phones......gasp. While not emails related, the cold case telephone calls are also driving me nuts, especially on PST!

I've never sold email addresses -yours or anyone elses- to anyone.

======================

======================

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #377 on: January 03, 2018, 01:06:34 AM »
if anybody knows how to fix it,

I use Thunderbird, and it comes with a really good spam filter.  Marking something as "junk" a few times seems to ease the problem for months at a time.

======================

======================

Offline Pipsy

« Reply #378 on: January 03, 2018, 02:34:49 AM »
I was just asking a question. I was commenting on a frustration I have, not being sure how things work.  I was pleased to read about no ads in middle of informations. Sometimes they are cleverly formatted that they look like part of the text - very confusing.

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #379 on: January 03, 2018, 02:42:06 AM »
I was just asking a question. I was commenting on a frustration I have, not being sure how things work.  I was pleased to read about no ads in middle of informations. Sometimes they are cleverly formatted that they look like part of the text - very confusing.

I understand.  I know that harvesting email addresses and other personal information is a very common way to monetize forums.  However, my personal hatred of spam runs deep, so I have never gone there.

======================

======================

Offline janquiltz

« Reply #380 on: January 03, 2018, 03:54:24 AM »
Prayers for your DS, and the rest of you too!    I'm sure all will be well, but it is stressful when it is all happening.   

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #381 on: January 03, 2018, 04:07:19 AM »
Prayers for your DS, and the rest of you too!    I'm sure all will be well, but it is stressful when it is all happening.   

Thank-you! :)

======================

======================

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #382 on: January 03, 2018, 04:13:10 AM »
Pipsy and Diane, I have been told that many of those emails are sent out randomly, just to see if they are real email addresses. If you open the email, they know it went to a real email address and will bombard you with more emails and sell your email address to others. So delete them without opening them.  I also found that after I signed up to vote for a child to receive a wheelchair, I immediately started receiving a large amount of unwanted emails.

Offline Diane in WV

« Reply #383 on: January 03, 2018, 04:50:57 AM »
if anybody knows how to fix it,

I use Thunderbird, and it comes with a really good spam filter.  Marking something as "junk" a few times seems to ease the problem for months at a time.
What is Thunderbird? Do you buy it in the store, or free/or buy on line?
Let's talk about math

Offline Diane in WV

« Reply #384 on: January 03, 2018, 04:53:00 AM »
Pipsy and Diane, I have been told that many of those emails are sent out randomly, just to see if they are real email addresses. If you open the email, they know it went to a real email address and will bombard you with more emails and sell your email address to others. So delete them without opening them.  I also found that after I signed up to vote for a child to receive a wheelchair, I immediately started receiving a large amount of unwanted emails.
I don't open them, some , a lot come with paperclips, and that's not good at all.
Let's talk about math