Author Topic: Love to see what others are making (for the under-13 set)  (Read 153017 times)

Offline Karendee

Re: Love to see what others are making (for the under-13 set)
« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2008, 05:59:36 PM »

Karen,

Adorable son in the darling jacket.

Karen

Offline Liana

• Administrator
  • Lincoln, Nebraska
    • Sew Intriguing
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2008, 08:06:42 PM »
Karen,  That is just darling!  I think I saw it in progress on your blog, and I must say, it's even cuter with the DS wearing it, and with his chicken.  Very sweet photo, and I agree with Kathryn, you'll have to save it for future girlfriends, etc. 

Offline kbenco

• Queensland, Australia
    • kbenco's projects
« Reply #282 on: October 17, 2008, 01:21:58 PM »
Thank you for the lovely comments regarding my son and his jacket.

I am still sewing children's clothes, but am wondering where are everyone else's? I have seen some of Lyra's lovely things on other threads, but there must be more out there......

Here are two outfits on my youngest- but- one niece. She visited today, so I tried on some things. They are part of her Christmas present, or should I say my SIL's present!

BWOF July 2008 hat and romper number 136 - made into a sleeveless version a la Ruth C's gorgeous round yoke baby dresses.

The infamous BWOF July 2008 135 smocked baby dress. You may recognize this 3 month size baby version that I made a few months ago. It is so oversized that it makes quite a cute top on my 16 month old niece. I made her some denim shorts trimmed with the same fabric to make an outfit.
Karen
what I am sewing  - http://kbenco.blogspot.com/

Offline lyra

• west 38th
« Reply #283 on: October 17, 2008, 01:32:11 PM »
Adorable!
I really like the sleeveless jumper. 

It looks so different on your niece from Ana's version, which I think is due to the different colors too. The floral body is adorable.

Offline Karendee

« Reply #284 on: October 17, 2008, 03:36:37 PM »
Adorable, Karen.

Karend

Offline Linda Dean

• www.prosewenterprises.com
« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2008, 06:31:37 PM »
Karen,
I love the cute clothes for your niece.
Linda

Offline lyra

• west 38th
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »
Ana isn't around to model this, but I'm happy with how it looks so I'll share a view on a hanger.

This is a picture from Patrones Ninos 271:

And this is a version for Ana- I just hooked the hanger over one of my inspiration boards because the sun was only in 1 corner of the room, so pardon the messy background!!

I love this hem finish with the tulle peeking out, so I'm going to have to do this again.  It actually turned out to be not too tricky in the end. :)

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2008, 12:14:08 AM »
That tulle is so girlie-girl, Lyra.  Very cute dress indeed for little Ana.

Kathryn

Offline lyra

• west 38th
« Reply #288 on: October 20, 2008, 12:19:23 AM »
This isn't a great photo, because she was pretty tired, but here's Ana modeling it:

It's really poufy on her.  :)

Offline MrsGalihad

• My Flicker Pics
« Reply #289 on: October 20, 2008, 03:21:50 AM »
I've been enjoying everyone's creations for a while and it prompted me to make some dresses for my two oldest neices.  I just put them in the mail on Friday so I don't have any pictures of them modeling the dresses yet. 

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #290 on: October 20, 2008, 04:46:25 AM »
How sweet, MrsG. I like the way you changed the direction of the butterflies on the two bodices. The girls will look especially cute standing next to each other in their new finery when the photo is snapped. 

Kathryn

Offline kbenco

• Queensland, Australia
    • kbenco's projects
« Reply #291 on: October 20, 2008, 08:28:29 PM »
Thanks Lyra, Karend and Linda for your kind comments on my toddler sewing.

Lyra, a poufy dress with tulle peeping out from the skirt has to make Ana feel like a princess! I am inspired by your/patrones idea yet again, you have a good eye for these things!

MrsGalihad, those pinafore dresses are really sweet. I really like the sister dresses that co-ordinate, but are not exactly the same. (Are the nieces sisters? I am assuming here, but looking at my own 7 nieces, who belong to 3 different families, this could be very wrong! They would make great cousin dresses too......)

Karen

Offline heatherbelle

« Reply #292 on: October 21, 2008, 12:50:27 AM »
Oh I only just discovered this thread and I have to jump in too! What lovely things everyone is making!

I just finished a Studio Tantrum "Redondo Skirt" for my niece's 3rd birthday and here is the aerial view that shows how twirly it will be, I love all the pale pink cotton prints:

And I have also just made the third Farbenmix "Anna Wrap Dress" for another niece's Christmas present:

I love this dress, it is really two aprons with common straps, you pop it over the lucky girl's head, then tie it in front first and then in back. You can see how it does up here, my daughter is wearing one I made for her in pinky mauve corduroy:

That's all from me for now - hope this post isn't too big!

Happy sewing, Heather.

Offline BetsyV

• Trillium Undulatum; Painted Trillium
« Reply #293 on: October 21, 2008, 02:42:00 AM »
Those are all adorable, Heather. I really love the redondo skirt!

Offline kbenco

• Queensland, Australia
    • kbenco's projects
« Reply #294 on: October 21, 2008, 03:18:24 AM »
Wow, Heather you find the best patterns. That skirt is fabulous, I want to make it straight away. The prints are so pretty. I also love the fabenmix apron dress. It looks terrific, and so versatile with the plain and the appliqued? version. They certainly are lucky girls.
Karen

Offline lyra

• west 38th
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2008, 07:44:24 PM »
Heather, very cute! Love the twirly skirt.  ;D

Here's the latest piece that I made to get hemmed:

You might notice the front cowgirl is upside down, because I was working too late at night.  I sort of saved it by covering most of the front with an "apron" that's attached to the empire line elastic.  Kate loves the apron so hopefully it will get some wear.  I really need to be more careful cutting stuff out in the evening...  :o

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #296 on: October 22, 2008, 12:20:08 AM »
After weeks of sewing for myself, the children are getting restless. Here is a smocked nightie I made for my younger daughter today.

Karen

She probably  would want me to describe it differently,  but I think your daughter is precious.

Offline kbenco

• Queensland, Australia
    • kbenco's projects
« Reply #297 on: October 22, 2008, 01:33:55 AM »
Gee thanks. I think she is precious too. :smug:, (proud and insufferable mother icon?). She loves hamming it up for the camera.

Lyra, how annoying to have a headstanding cowgirl. This sort of thing is always happening to me, especially if I do not have quite enough fabric. Kate looks happy with her "apron". Good save!

Karen

Offline ruthc

• Talking nonsense on my blog
« Reply #298 on: October 23, 2008, 04:00:48 PM »
Oooh super cute peoples!

Here are some things I made. 
First up, the baby - how clever am I?

Baby girl in spotty dress from fabric Robin sent me.
unfortunately I cut this out as newborn size before she was born and only just got around to sewing it this week, she is now 7 weeks and I think the day she wore it might be the last day she fits it.  she is already up to 3m sizes on the childs play sizes

Here she is in her collar dress, lots more wear out of this because the arm-holes are very low.

And lastly - not that I made anything she is wearing - but I did make the playmat at the bottom, her french granny  made the one she is lying on - so really just another excuse for a new mum to show off her adorable child...

Offline LauraS.

« Reply #299 on: October 23, 2008, 04:05:52 PM »
Too cute, Ruth!  Your daughter's adorable!  And I really like the spotty dress.  I love the rick rack trim on it.  The collar dress is cute to boot!

laura

Offline Karendee

« Reply #300 on: October 23, 2008, 04:13:40 PM »
Ruth,

And she is adorable, too! Izzy is just absolutely beautiful, so alert and sweet faced. She will truly be the best dressed child around. Have fun dressing and playing with your doll.

Karend

Offline Linda Dean

• www.prosewenterprises.com
« Reply #301 on: October 23, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »
Ruth,
Izzy is so cute and I love that you are making her such adorable clothes.  Have fun playing with her.  Little girls are the best.
Linda

Offline lyra

• west 38th
« Reply #302 on: October 23, 2008, 06:38:13 PM »
Awwww. She's adorable!!

Offline kbenco

• Queensland, Australia
    • kbenco's projects
« Reply #303 on: October 23, 2008, 09:56:08 PM »
What a pretty baby! The rick-rack dress is really sweet - will you make her one in the next size? (Winter version?) I like the collar dress too, it is pretty and practical, and the little smile on the third picture is particularly gorgeous!
Karen

Offline ruthc

• Talking nonsense on my blog
« Reply #304 on: October 24, 2008, 12:37:15 PM »
I am on a make-do-and-mend trip at the moment so I am making a pinafore dress from my old jeans and I have some green jersey left in my stash to make a tunic version of the spotty dress.
I wasnīt sure I liked the pleats with the ricrac off set from the centre so I am playing with putting them on the shoulder.
I am trying to make sure she has something that she can wear when we move to the Alps next month, i am sure her French Granny will have lots of adorable things as my French niece is six months older then DD, but still nice to have some things yourself.

Heather - the skirt is fabulous, I have a grown up, slightly less twirly version myself.  Very good for dancing around in so it spins out.

Karen, we love the smiling and giggling we get at the moment, so nice to know she means it and it isnīt just wind.   ;)

Offline lessalt

« Reply #305 on: October 24, 2008, 11:26:26 PM »
Ruth, She is gorgeous and the clothes are adorable.
Leslie

Offline lyra

• west 38th
« Reply #306 on: October 25, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »
The alps are going to be a bit of climate change from where you are now!  I hope everyone stays nice & warm there. :sunny:

I just made up a little Halloween dress for Ana since she doesn't really fit last years very well.  I found this adorable alexander henry print on etsy and just fell in love with the vintage looking kiddies on it.

Offline LauraS.

« Reply #307 on: October 25, 2008, 08:50:53 PM »
that's so, so cute, Lyra.  she's a lucky little girl .

laura

Offline heatherbelle

« Reply #308 on: October 27, 2008, 09:06:09 AM »
Lyra, that fabric is just gorgeous! Such a charming vintage-look to it. Don't worry about the upside-down cowgirl on the other dress, I made Nina a dress with upside down Eiffel Towers on the bodice which infuriated me, luckily I had enough fabric left to recut the bodice but what a pain....I wouldn't have bothered but it was her 4th birthday dress so I thought I should make the effort.

Ruth, little Izzy is adorable. Well done you for getting time to sew. I sometimes (not too often though) wish I had a wee one to sew for again.

Today I traced off the boy's shorts pattern in a size 2 from Jalie 2107, the boys' and mens' shorts and trousers with cargo-type pockets. So my next project to show off will be for my wee Peter, hopefully it won't take too long! It is his 2nd birthday party next weekend and I would like him to wear them (if they fit...).

Heather.

Offline lyra

• west 38th
« Reply #309 on: October 27, 2008, 12:35:55 PM »
Good luck with the shorts.   :D

I would have cut new front for Kate's headstanding cowgirl jumper but of course I was just making it to use up scraps, so there was nothing left to cut from... it always works that way, I buy extra to start and do fine with the original project. Then when I have nothing left I goof up.   ;)
Here is my niece Ana in her dress last night.  She was very excited about trying it out and posing because it meant she didn't have to put on her PJs for a few more minutes.

Offline BetsyV

• Trillium Undulatum; Painted Trillium
« Reply #310 on: October 27, 2008, 07:12:48 PM »
Lyra
Ana is SO CUTE in her dress! And I still remember wanting to put off going to bed ... why just the other night  ;)

Offline Karendee

« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2008, 11:06:19 PM »

Lyra,

What a little angel sitting on those steps! She looks adorable in her Halloween dress.

Karend

Offline kbenco

• Queensland, Australia
    • kbenco's projects
« Reply #312 on: October 28, 2008, 12:01:45 AM »
Lyra, those gorgeous vintage looking children on the print look even better when worn by Ana, what a great photo. The colours really suit her. I like how you have used the plain bodice with the printed skirt.
Karen

Offline kbenco

• Queensland, Australia
    • kbenco's projects
« Reply #313 on: October 28, 2008, 10:49:55 AM »

I finished this swing top for my almost 4 year old niece today. The pattern is from Australian Smocking and Embroidery Issue 78, but the smocking was a sampler to show a friend some possible designs using only 2 different stitches.
Karen

Offline lyra

• west 38th
« Reply #314 on: October 28, 2008, 12:11:24 PM »
I love the colors in that smocking.  I'll confess that I really like the look of simple geometric smocking the best.  And how jealous am I that australians are getting into summer! It's freezing here now.   We actually had about 1/4 inch of snow this morning, just enough to dust the trees and turn the lawn a bit white. :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics