Author Topic: Sandbox!  (Read 34576 times)

Offline KathyZ

• Subscribed Member
Re: Sandbox!
« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2017, 08:47:04 PM »

One more time

Offline KathyZ

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2017, 08:49:27 PM »
Hmmm. I clicked the "attach image"button and pasted my Flickr URL where the cursor was. Seems like I'm on the right track but my image must not be the right size or something. I will research more.

Offline Pina

« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2017, 09:15:25 PM »
KathyZ,I can see your picture on my PC screen. Please wait until one of our SG mods has time to help you.  ;)   ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:19:29 PM by Pina »

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2017, 10:13:30 PM »
How do I even start to post a photo?
I see below it says "shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post, but my iPad does not let me "hit alt+s."
When I hit "alt" the keyboard disappears before I can hit "s".

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2017, 10:22:09 PM »
How do I even start to post a photo?
I see below it says "shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post, but my iPad does not let me "hit alt+s."
When I hit "alt" the keyboard disappears before I can hit "s".

Hi LyndaC!

Start "here" where I posted instructions for you earlier...just keep working in that thread, and I know you'll be posting pictures here soon!

Lisa

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2017, 10:30:34 PM »
Hi KathyZ!

You've almost got it right!  It looks like you've gotten to the pop-up window on Flickr (by clicking on the "Share Photo" outline arrow that curls up and to the right), but you copied the wrong code from there... 

Once you have the pop-up window open, you'll see a list of choices:

Share,  Embed, Email & BBCode

Click on "BBCode" which will put the blue arrow under "BBCode."  You'll then have a new drop-down arrow, next to a size choice.  Click the drop-down arrow and choose the size you want.  (Generally, the smallest "medium" is a good choice for Stitcher's Guild.)

Then copy the code from the text window and bring it back here and paste it where you want your picture.

That should do it!

Please give it another try! :)

Lisa

Offline MaryV

• O/T Politics
« Reply #146 on: September 15, 2017, 02:14:31 PM »
DSC_0036 (2) by maryvee1940, on Flickr

How do I post more than one picture in a message? 

MaryV

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2017, 03:30:14 PM »

How do I post more than one picture in a message? 

MaryV

Just post the code...however if you have trouble, delete the caption & link to your username at Flickr, since those are two additional links.  (To do this:  The code Flickr supplies appears as three sets of links (each starting with a url tag on a separate line).  You need to keep the first link (starts w/ a url tag and ends with a closing /url tag)  Delete the rest.

So. 

Ann Rowley's latest:

Yours again:

Give it a try!

Lisa
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:33:23 PM by Lisa »

Offline KathyZ

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2017, 05:36:04 PM »
Thanks, Lisa, but I'm using Flickr on my iPad and the curly-arrow pop-up window doesn't have those choices. iPad tips?

Kathy

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2017, 08:26:42 PM »
Thanks, Lisa, but I'm using Flickr on my iPad and the curly-arrow pop-up window doesn't have those choices. iPad tips?

Kathy

My iPad is on the "fritz" right now...but let me see if I can help using my iPhone.  Let me ask a couple of questions first:

1.  How are you accessing Flickr?  Via Safari? the official Flickr app?  some other app?

2.  How did you get the url that you were working with before?  (Just describe your procedure, please)

Thanks!

Lisa

Online fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2017, 12:00:17 AM »
I'm on my iPad now and when I access my Flickr photos using Safari and the Flickr website, the curly arrow appears. 

Make sure, KathyZ, that you have tapped on the photo in your Flickr photo stream so that it opens up into a window all by itself. That's when you see the curly arrow.

Kathryn

P.S. I just tried and you can't get the BBcode when tapping the curly arrow using the Flickr app on your iPad.  So you can't use the app for posting photos here.  Instead, you have to go to the Flickr website using your browser. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:06:44 AM by fzxdoc »
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

Offline KathyZ

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2017, 01:04:28 AM »
Ok, I get it. I'll use Flickr on Safari to post photos. I was using the app.

Thanks!

Offline MaryV

• O/T Politics
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2017, 05:49:53 PM »
Posting multiple pictures from flickr - I followed directions for posting multiples in one message but could not preview or post.  Error code prohibited.

MaryV

Offline MaryV

• O/T Politics
« Reply #153 on: September 16, 2017, 06:09:51 PM »

test 2

Looks like I got it this time!

MaryV

Offline MaryV

• O/T Politics
« Reply #154 on: September 16, 2017, 06:21:11 PM »

trying 3

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2017, 08:10:06 PM »
Nicely done, Mary!

Lisa

Offline KathyZ

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2017, 05:11:32 PM »
Hi KathyZ

Then copy the code from the text window and bring it back here and paste it where you want your picture.

Lisa and Kathryn, I've found the BB code in the Share window but the text code is so long that it runs out of sight on the right in the text window. I can't seem to select the whole code to copy. (When I select a part of the code, there is no "select all" option, only "Copy." I can drag the select handle all the way to the left but not to the right. I'm still on my iPad and don't have "home"and "end" keys. MUST I use my desktop?

Thanks for your patience!

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2017, 06:34:35 PM »
Hi KathyZ

Lisa and Kathryn, I've found the BB code in the Share window but the text code is so long that it runs out of sight on the right in the text window. I can't seem to select the whole code to copy. (When I select a part of the code, there is no "select all" option, only "Copy." I can drag the select handle all the way to the left but not to the right. I'm still on my iPad and don't have "home"and "end" keys. MUST I use my desktop?

Thanks for your patience!

Hi Kathy!

Try "double tapping" the code in the text box...even with two fingers!  It's possible to copy all of the text in the text box, but it is a bit "touchy" to do it. 

I'm not where I can try it at all, but this is how I've done it in the past...

Let me know how it goes!

Lisa

Offline KathyZ

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2017, 09:25:38 PM »
Didn't work, Lisa. Double-tapping inserted the blinking cursor into the text but the keyboard didn't pop up. Tapping with 2 fingers just enlarged the whole box.

Online fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2017, 05:30:01 PM »
I've tried several times to select that BB Code in my iPad.  It works maybe one out of every 10 tries.  I use the desktop for photo posting instead.  Annoying, I know...  :-\

Kathryn

Online bessiecrocker

• Subscribed Member
  • Winner's Points: 1
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2017, 09:27:48 PM »
sorry if I am butting in here. trying to see if I can remember how to post a pix from fickr. I have really bad digital retention!!

Online bessiecrocker

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2017, 09:29:33 PM »
2nd try.

indigo1 by CH miss, on Flickr

Online bessiecrocker

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2017, 09:30:08 PM »
where's the happy dance icon   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Online fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2017, 09:54:25 PM »
Congrats, bessiecrocker!

Offline dagmaro

« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2017, 11:57:41 PM »
Hi!
I am a new member trying to figure out how to post pictures.  I am not on flicker yet as I store my pictures on iPhoto and move them around from there as required.  From reading through various threads, I am getting the feeling that you need to have your photos in flicker to be able to post them in posts.  Is this true?  Is there any other way?  Is there a set of instructions posted somewhere for Mac users that I can consult?
Thanks in advance  :)
Dagmar

Offline dagmaro

« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2017, 03:32:44 PM »
I read through all of the sandbox posts regarding posting pictures and other questions (how to use the various clickable buttons (for example the change colour button did not change posting colour for me) and I see mentions here and there to a FAQ section.  I have a feeling that this is what I need as a newly active member.  The only problem is that I can't find it.  Please help me so that I don't have to keep asking the same questions over and over.  ???
Dagmar

Offline dagmaro

« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2017, 03:44:12 PM »

test
Dagmar

Offline dagmaro

« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2017, 03:48:31 PM »
The above was a test trying to copy an image from Pinterest.  I control clicked on the image then clicked on copy link  I use an iMac and safari as my browser.  Reply #54 details how to copy images for Internet explorer and Mozilla but not Safari  Can this be provided.

the below is an effort to paste image by clicking on copy image
http://www.akulakreative.com/blog/2016/02/a-sea-and-space-inspired-color-palette
Dagmar

Online fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2017, 04:13:35 PM »

test

Hi dagmaro, you can post the photo of that picture from the akulakreative.com website by right-clicking on it (Ctrl-Click on a Mac) and selecting Copy Image Location or Copy Image Address or whatever similar words come up in whichever browser you're using.

So don't use Copy Image. You must use the url of the image itself (the Image Location) to post photos here.

Here's what it should look like:

Code: [Select]
[img]https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56df3a2c59827e60438812ec/t/56eb31b60c4a6893632c63e8/1459376405757/sea-space-color-palette-navy-blue-aqua-yellow.jpg?format=750w[/img]
To get this:

We don't have a FAQ section up yet for this new site. Just go to the Site News and Announcements section and look at topics there.

And as always we're here to help.  :)

Kathryn

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:22:04 PM by fzxdoc »

Online fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: November 02, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »
The above was a test trying to copy an image from Pinterest.  I control clicked on the image then clicked on copy link  I use an iMac and safari as my browser.  Reply #54 details how to copy images for Internet explorer and Mozilla but not Safari  Can this be provided.

Dagmar, as noted in my previous post, (we were both posting at the same time)

Control Click on the image.
For Safari, click on Copy Image Address.
Come back here and paste that address, highlight it, click on the little Image icon
When you then click on either Preview or Post the photo will appear.

HTH,
Kathryn

Offline dagmaro

« Reply #170 on: November 02, 2017, 05:37:22 PM »
Dagmar

Offline dagmaro

« Reply #171 on: November 02, 2017, 05:40:05 PM »
That's great!
I was just looking at what to do with flickr as I did not have an account with them.  I opened one but am still figuring out how to get images from iPhoto into it.  In your view which is the better way to go for Mac users: iPhoto or flickr.

Also I guess I have to figure out how to change the photo size as this image is probably too big.

Thank you Kathryn for your help so far
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 05:43:53 PM by dagmaro »
Dagmar

Online fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: November 02, 2017, 08:47:19 PM »
Dagmar, you did great! I saw the image in your SWAP topic.

When you ask about iPhoto vs. Flickr, I don't know anyone here who is able to directly import their photos from iCloud which is what you would use, I'm assuming, with your photos stored in iPhoto.

You need to use a photo hosting site like Flickr. It's unfortunate that the photo-posting process here is so demanding and cumbersome, but that's what this software demands. You should be able to drag and drop your photos from iPhoto directly into the Flickr import page.

On your page in Flickr, click on the little cloud with the arrow going through it in the upper right corner.
This will take you to the import page where you can either browse and click on files to upload or drag and drop photos.

So get Flickr figured out and it should be smooth sailing to post photos from there to here. You're almost there, thanks to your intelligence and perseverance. Good for you!  :)

To resize a photo, it's simple. Just insert your cursor just after the first img in
[img] and then type a space. Next type width=350 for portrait or width=500 for landscape.

So for your beautiful color story for your SWAP, the image code string goes from

[img]https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56df3a2c59827e60438812ec/t/56eb31b60c4a6893632c63e8/1459376405757/sea-space-color-palette-navy-blue-aqua-yellow.jpg?format=750w[/img]
to produce this:

to
[img width=500]https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56df3a2c59827e60438812ec/t/56eb31b60c4a6893632c63e8/1459376405757/sea-space-color-palette-navy-blue-aqua-yellow.jpg?format=750w[/img]
to produce this:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:55:15 PM by fzxdoc »

Offline dagmaro

« Reply #173 on: November 02, 2017, 09:44:54 PM »
[/url]Beryl by Dagmar O, on Flickr[/img]

test of re-sizing
Dagmar

Offline dagmaro