Author Topic: 2018 SWAP Chatter  (Read 69638 times)

Offline Saashka

• Subscribed Member
  • sewing in southern Maryland
Re: 2018 SWAP Chatter
« Reply #245 on: November 04, 2017, 10:54:43 PM »
Medea, I like your sketches! They do a great job of showing how your plan will play out when finished.

Offline dagmaro

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #246 on: November 05, 2017, 01:47:32 AM »
I am already learning so much from everyone just by having decided to be an active member and getting feedback as opposed to my several years of silently reading/lurking.

Ruthie, you have such a clear way of explaining the real constraints involved in project completion. In the cold, harsh light of this practical way of looking at things I think I am going to see where I can simplify (take Indigotiger's suggestion to make my tops into shells or simple blouses) while still maintaining some of the more unique pieces that will make the collection special for me.  I am not good at giving up on a vision and I do sometimes over-estimate my odds of success, but I think I would rather try to find some undivided time for my SWAP (re-allocate time away from other projects) than give up on the original inspiration and turn to something that I know I will be less happy with.  I will also try to sew my items in such a way that they have no chance of being orphans (should I fail to complete) which is another good suggestion.  Last but not least, limiting computer time will be key for me.  I do quite a bit of admin work from home and it is very easy for me to shift over to personal items while sitting at my desk and not realize how much time has gone by that is not actually work related.  Lots of challenges but I feel I am ready for them.

I love your drawings Medea…your SWAP collection looks very stylish and really close to your stated goal!
Dagmar

Online crazyquilter

« Reply #247 on: November 05, 2017, 02:58:38 AM »
It is lovely to begin to see individual SWAP threads appearing already.  Thank you all for adding to our pleasure.

But can I please make a plea that you add a note somewhere on your thread reminding people - comments should be on this thread, so we don't have to keep rushing hither and yon in order to keep up with everything.

Thank you !

As an onlooker only for the last several years, I know that having individual threads makes me comment much less than I would if everything were here in a single thread.  I had a thought this evening that may be totally unworkable, but I'm going to share it anyway.  Would it be possible to cross post and put posts here as well as the individual threads?  That way it would be easy to read and comment here, but easy for the swapper and anyone looking back on their swap to find the posts.  Maybe too much trouble to cut and paste and maybe I'm overlooking something that would make it unworkable, but it seems like it might work.

Dawn

Offline KarenDee

• Subscribed Member
  • SIgnal Mountain, Tn.
« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2017, 04:53:18 AM »
Ruthie, I do believe you won the SWAP one year, if I am not mistaken.

Karendee

Offline Garden Girl

• Subscribed Member
  • Middle California
« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2017, 05:07:45 AM »
It is lovely to begin to see individual SWAP threads appearing already.  Thank you all for adding to our pleasure.

But can I please make a plea that you add a note somewhere on your thread reminding people - comments should be on this thread, so we don't have to keep rushing hither and yon in order to keep up with everything.

Thank you !

As an onlooker only for the last several years, I know that having individual threads makes me comment much less than I would if everything were here in a single thread.  I had a thought this evening that may be totally unworkable, but I'm going to share it anyway.  Would it be possible to cross post and put posts here as well as the individual threads?  That way it would be easy to read and comment here, but easy for the swapper and anyone looking back on their swap to find the posts.  Maybe too much trouble to cut and paste and maybe I'm overlooking something that would make it unworkable, but it seems like it might work.

Dawn

The Moderators read every single post, partly to make sure everything is flowing properly and partially to keep spam and "junk" from turning up. Last year for the SWAP I did the moderating and it would have been insane to try to keep up if there was posting on every individual thread. I was able to pin threads and delete posts and actually caught one spammy one right after it was posted and eliminated it.

When individual threads were first tried members were commenting both places and it was very difficult for the Moderators to keep up so they requested we keep the conversation to a discussion thread.

Many people don't do an individual thread, which is completely optional, and only post what they want to share here or on a blog off site.

Some only post a couple of times to their thread, not too much in the discussion if at all and then disappear completely part way through. Probably just as well to keep all our comments in one thread.

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #250 on: November 05, 2017, 08:03:28 AM »
Ruthie, I do believe you won the SWAP one year, if I am not mistaken. Karendee
Karendee I win every year I compete as I get the camerarderie and the clothes :-) but I've never been placed here at SG. Another lady named Ruth did one time, perhaps you are thinking of her :-)
I did win a contest over on PR in 2010 which was for sewing lots of things from the same pattern 'One Pattern Contest', my old favourite New Look 6735 (which I've lost again!).

Offline Morzel

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #251 on: November 05, 2017, 10:50:51 AM »
Ruthie, I do believe many of the forum members, including me, are admiring you sewing! The SWAPs winning are often SWAPs which include more complicated sewing, more advanced skills and I they look good. But really, one has to sew for oneself. If you are a person (like I am) that doesn't wear tailored suits and fancy fabrics, but simple styles, easy-care fabric etc, this will be reflected in SWAP. No 'bling' in my SWAP, with jeans, tshirt, cardigan. What I really admire in your sewing is you sew what you wear (not something everyone accomplishes), you have an eye for colours (as seen in your many different collections, all with different colour-themes), your ideas for themes (e.g. the 'angled collection'), your speed (there's noone, and I really mean no-one, that can sew a wearable SWAP in the timeframe you do), your organisation skills (especially when it comes to meeting timelines). You have a lot of experience in sewing the stuff you wear daily, and you have done sooo many wonderful collections of everyday garments. I love it! So even if you don't place in SWAP, believe me, you've got ardent worshippers!
Eva

Offline Petlover

• UK
« Reply #252 on: November 05, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »
Those colours look good on you, Ruthie.

Offline CCL

• Subscribed Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
« Reply #253 on: November 05, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »
Ruthie, Gotta agree with everything Morzel said.  I just want to add that you are a real inspiration to me and I bet to so many others!

I am still mulling.  I like lyn-j's way of thinking about the rules.  And I think Mudcat's rules are genius and perfectly timed for my sewing because the focus is really on fabric... I was so inspired by the Dyllis Braithwaithe exhibit and how she worked with different fabrics in the same shades to create these beautiful unique pieces -- of art really.

I tend to start with "I want to make up this pattern" or "I need to make some warm wear around the house dresses" and then go looking for fabric that will work for the project. Focusing on fabric really upends that way of thinking for me.   I am sort of at a loss trying to plan but I think that's a good thing and will help me grow my skills.

Offline Melinda_B

• Subscribed Member
    • Better Than I Planned
« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2017, 12:23:24 PM »
I tend to start with "I want to make up this pattern" or "I need to make some warm wear around the house dresses" and then go looking for fabric that will work for the project. Focusing on fabric really upends that way of thinking for me.   I am sort of at a loss trying to plan but I think that's a good thing and will help me grow my skills. 

Or the other direction, of "This fabric is gorgeous, what can I make with it?  Oh no, I've got nothing to wear it with!" and that's how we end up with orphans.

I'm still mulling over possibilities for the SWAP, with the realisation that just because I'm using a neutral fabric doesn't mean the garment has to be plain and neutral - it becomes about the style, the embellishment, and what you do with it.
Melinda

Perth, Australia
Personal Blog - https://melbrennan.com/

Offline Grasshopper

• Subscribed Member
    • Vintage Country Life
« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2017, 12:59:34 PM »
Grasshopper, is that stairway a real place? I love it.
Diane in WV, I have no idea!  I just found the image on Pinterest when searching for "foggy landscapes" which I find to be really helpful when looking for muted coloring inspiration.
Lyneisa
Striving to live a full, meaningful country life and carry forward the talents and skills of my ancestors.

Offline DaisyChain

« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2017, 01:09:26 PM »
Threads like this one are the reason why I love this forum soo much.  :-*

I love reading about everyone’s sewing thoughts and plans. I love the way Ruthie & other members discuss colours & colour combinations & I love to see your finished results.  Lisanne, the comment you made early on in this thread about finding a silhouette really struck a chord with me. MudCat your SWAP rules are inspirational. I love the idea of being your own designer & your links to Eileen Fisher, Vivid Linen & Shonmodern explain your concept beautifully.

I’m not in the right place on my sewing journey to join in with a SWAP, (yet), but I’m looking forward to reading about and seeing everyone’s unique collections.   :)

Offline VWG

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2017, 03:26:43 PM »
What exciting ideas percolate here!

Medea-Bravo for all the upfront design work!  The design drawings are wonderful! I have a serious case of sketch skill envy. 

Here's a suggestion to consider...When I look at your total silhouette package, I keep wanting to shorten the jackets over those skirts so the change in garment horizon doesn't cut those particular outfits in half.

My personal struggle challenge of SWAP is cohesive silhouettes and necklines that play well together in layers. I can never settle on a unifying theme, develop the notion of self discipline, and work within limits. 

Off to go look at the rest of the list.

Offline stephaniecan

• Subscribed Member
  • Fall down eight times. Get up nine times.
« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2017, 03:42:18 PM »
Hello everyone.
I have an addled brain as I moved yesterday and still have some moving to do today. Hopefully will be done with everything by tonight. I just had to catch up on the discussion, however..

First, scottiesews: So sorry to hear that your husband hasn't been well. Wishing you the best.

Ruthie: I think you are a winner every year. What Morzel wrote.

Dagmaro: I am someone who always bites off more than she can chew. I think it's because I'm used to being highly productive in my work life and don't recognize that I don't have the same skills in my hobby life! I have to say though that even though I didn't complete my SWAP last year, I learned a lot and really enjoyed making the few things I did make. I still feel like a winner. This year I am hoping to do more of what I did in the two years prior to that, when I did complete SWAP. I combined some pattern repetition (TNT shirts, some trousers) with some new-to-me complex sewing. This year I also hope to be more organized in November and December and to toile a couple of dress patterns I am thinking of using. I hope to finish this year, but I will still do it on my own terms, including some things that are new and more challenging to me and that I really want to make. I'll just have to budget more time. In the end what is important is that one makes what one likes and wants to wear (and in whatever numbers one can complete).

Well, I hope everyone is enjoying their Sundays..I'm off to put more wear and tear on my completely exhausted body. :) It even snowed a little yesterday, but today it's merely raining (cold, cold rain). Small mercies! And the good part of the move is that I know exactly where my sewing machine, serger and fabric are. Then again, I don't know where my patterns are yet...

Loving the discussion and can't wait to catch up on all of the boards!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:45:52 PM by stephaniecan »

Offline jessica_sews

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
« Reply #259 on: November 05, 2017, 03:45:51 PM »
Grasshopper, is that stairway a real place? I love it.
Diane in WV, I have no idea!  I just found the image on Pinterest when searching for "foggy landscapes" which I find to be really helpful when looking for muted coloring inspiration.

It's a gorgeous photo! And it looks like it is a real place. It's apparently the stairway to castle in Karkonosze mountains, Poland (according to this Reddit post).

I'm so looking forward to getting started on this year's SWAP plan. I'm going to be moving cross country and starting a new job and after some weight loss definitely need a whole new wardrobe, so the fresh start seems like a good time to really figure out what I want to wear, but it's also daunting! I like the structure of SWAP even if I don't wind up sewing more than a few things--it'll give me a really solid starting point, I think.

Offline sdBev

• Subscribed Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2017, 04:08:45 PM »
...As an onlooker only for the last several years, I know that having individual threads makes me comment much less

Dawn
I feel similarly.  By the time I get back to the main thread I will have forgotten all about the comment I wanted to make.  But I also dislike reading a big mish-mash of comments on one thread. I often feel confused at reading comments without having seen  the original post.  I try to stop and hunt through the individual threads often without success. To tell the truth, it is not many weeks into SWAP before it becomes more than I want to deal with and I quit reading until the finals.  I do miss following along as the wardrobes develop. Sadly, there is no way to satisfy us all.
sdBev
sdBev.wordpress.com

Offline Scottiesews

« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2017, 07:49:25 PM »
Ladies, thank you for your good wishes, my husband recovered well from his lung cancer op & chemo but is now going through chemo for Leukaemia which is giving him worse side effects than the last one.  When he has good days he's bored & hard work, bad days I worry if he's going to end up back in ED - only twice so far!  I go to work for a rest.
Back to SWAP & I may well end up with a 6 pac instead but I love the planning.  I am sorely tempted to follow the amazing "O" wardrobe that Ruth of corecouture.wordpress.com, simple & so effective.  I just need to check the stash & maybe treat myself to more fabric  ;D 
I certainly have plenty of suitable patterns.

Offline Morzel

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #262 on: November 05, 2017, 07:54:10 PM »
I've read through the individual threads now, mulling over your plans and will write down what sprang to mind:

If possible, I'd like to use stash for this SWAP, as I have a huge stash, nowhere to keep it, and a husband who wants to know why I'm buying fabric when I have so much at home already! 
I was really laughing at this one. Had this question asked also!

Lyn-J, the simplified rules are smart, have those written down next to the sewing machine. The blues, grays and white shown in your thread look beautiful together.
(the simplified rules :) )
Neutral One
Neutral One
Neutral One

Neutral Two
Neutral Two
Neutral Two

Accent
Accent/Print
Print

Something
Something

Accessory

Towanda, like that very clear and reduced colour scheme. Reminds me of another forum member (margyh), who sews these wonderful garments only in grey, red and black. Really looking forward to your garment collection!

dagmaro - the McCall's 7636 sleeves look like they are pleaded - would that work with faux leather? Isn't it too stiff? The colour palettes look stunning. Don't puzzles yourself too long over the question of many patterns or only a few - do get started with your favourite. See how much time it takes to work it out. Go on from there. If everything comes along quickly, you can do many patterns (if they are interchangeable, that sounds fine). But if one pattern eats up a lot of time, use it again and/or use simpler patterns for the next garments. Just do get started instead of being paralyzed by decisions.

Ruthie
: Love the idea of brown, teal and burgundy. Any pictures of the cardigan yet?

BessC: wow, turquoise and purple as neutrals sounds fun! What lake is the one in the photograph? It looks beautiful.

Patricia: another very interesting colourscheme - grey, purple, gold. I would have never thought about that, but taking the print as a starting point and pulling out the colours to use as a scheme sure is smart! The fabrics do look good together.

M lambie: Interesting what others say about print/non-print. As I see your fabriccollection (great overview), only #13 reads as print to me. Do use the striped silk one - it is really beautiful, can pimp up your outfit and looks just like that skyscraper in the left part of your inspirational picture!

Treefrog - I love the second, more 'colourful' set. Beautiful watercolour picture.

stephanie: Your colourscheme makes me think of a ship at sea - grey sky, seagreen ocean, brown ship.

Eva

Offline dagmaro

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #263 on: November 05, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »
Hi Eva at Morzel,
Great catch on the pleated sleeves of the McCall's bomber jacket!  I was comparing several bomber patterns and was more focused on avoiding a raglan sleeve in favour of a set in sleeve that I was blinded to the sleeve pleats.  My faux leather is very thin and drapey but I will experiment with pleating it before going ahead.  If necessary, I will trade out the sleeve for another to achieve something more like what I was thinking which is like this in terms of the sleeves:

I also take your point of just getting going.  Thank you for weighing in  :)
Dagmar

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
    • Nebula Classical Academy
« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2017, 10:15:39 PM »
Here is the batch of fabrics I am considering for SWAP.

IMG_1287 by wendyr, on Flickr

I love the color in this collection!  I think there are too many patterns, or colors, to fit the rules. I am just going to get started with one of the browns and take it from there.
Wendy

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2017, 11:14:01 PM »
Dagmaro, ooh love the idea of leather sleeves, I've seen them in a few places recently and thought they were cool.
I have a remnant of sweater knit/boiled wool type fabric which could be the body of a cardigan, but I had wondered what to do about sleeves. I love the idea of the contrast leather sleeves and it would totally solve the problem for me.

I've posted the claret cardigan on my thread, though I'm not sure I love it enough to have it as one of the eleven.
There's plenty of time before Christmas to sew something I like more.

I have got a test pair of size 46 Burda trousers under construction, so will see if they will become a new TNT or not.
Its hard work applying interfacing and sewing darts again after months of knits.
I made a few fleece hats for my charity stall as light relief between steps!
I still have the fun of the invisble zipper, the whole waistband thing and of course proper hemming.

My waist fluctuates during the day depending on what I have had to eat or drink. So I may well add a little back/side elastic to accommodate that. I hope they turn out wearable as its been lots of work.

Offline dagmaro

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #266 on: November 06, 2017, 01:13:54 AM »
Ruthie, I know what you mean about fluctuating waists!  My torso size is wider than it is thick/deep with means that when I eat a big meal, I can quickly look a few months pregnant as my stomach will protrude!  I think an elastic insert at the sides possibly covered with a belt and belt loops is an elegant solution to this problem.

I recently saw a jacket that had leather sleeves beginning just below the bicep area.  It looked very modern and fresh to my eye as compared to how we usually see this treatment which is the full sleeve length out of leather.  I wish I had been able to get a picture but I didn't have my phone with me at that moment!  I think your cardigan looks great.  The belt really makes it stand out.  Good for you for finding such a close match.
Stephanie, I hope your move went well!  I had a feeling you would chuckle when read that I sometimes bite off more than I can chew  ;D…  I am a bit stuck at the moment as the patterns I have for my SWAP are for fabrics I am still missing and the fabrics that I have are missing their patterns which are in the mail!  Nonenthelss, I am proceeding to pattern cutting out for those I have and starting the measurement and muslin process for a couple of them this week.  I should have some solid progress and observations to report later this week.
Dagmar

Offline Towanda

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #267 on: November 06, 2017, 01:45:35 AM »
Dear Melinda - remember you get a lot more done when you get off facebook/internet and actually do the sewing!!!!   ;)
Words to remember, I spend way too much time on the computer that could be better spent in front of the sewing machine or ironing table. I decided to set a timer for 30 minute computer sessions. After 30 minutes, I have an hour to work on a sewing project before I get another 30 minutes. 

My personal struggle challenge of SWAP is cohesive silhouettes and necklines that play well together in layers. I can never settle on a unifying theme, develop the notion of self discipline, and work within limits. 
This is a big challenge for me. I like tunics to wear with pants but shorter tops to wear with skirts. I'm thinking about making 2 6PACs  - one with pants and the other one with skirts. This would solve the length issues. Together they would make a SWAP that fits my lifestyle.

Ruthie,
I recently saw a jacket that had leather sleeves beginning just below the bicep area.  It looked very modern and fresh to my eye as compared to how we usually see this treatment which is the full sleeve length out of leather.
  Interesting idea, I have a couple pieces of faux leather in the stash.

Morzel - thanks for the comments on the color scheme. I wear these colors a lot but there are good bridges to other colors. After I finish this SWAP, I'll add in blue, green and purple garments as the weather warms up.

Offline stephaniecan

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #268 on: November 06, 2017, 02:08:20 AM »
Morzel/Eva: Wow, gorgeous! Thank you. That's just perfect. I did love Master and Commander.. :)

Dagmaro: Phew, move done. Exhausting but I'm relieved it's over. I still can find only my sewing machine and the sewing room is in no way ready for sewing, so I think I will have to bring my sewing stuff out to the living room this week! Good luck with the early toiles. Your ideas are great and the fabrics sound just amazing. I have most of my fabrics and probably all of the patterns, but I need to start toiling! Exciting!

Offline Diane in WV

« Reply #269 on: November 06, 2017, 02:38:58 AM »

Ruthie, you look really nice in the New Look pattern clothes.
Let's talk about math

Offline Lyn-J

• O/T Politics
« Reply #270 on: November 06, 2017, 06:13:42 AM »
Thanks Morzel

I really must remember to have notepad open when I go through the individual posts. Then I can cut and paste to this thread.

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #271 on: November 06, 2017, 07:39:15 AM »
Here's a jacket from this month's Burda, it has the full length leather sleeves.

Offline Turquoise

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #272 on: November 06, 2017, 11:38:16 AM »
I’m loving reading this thread and want to join in - based on my current progress of pulling fabrics in and out of the stash and generally dithering, I’m not sure whether I’ve got any chance of completing the SWAP  :).

But the good thing is, it is making me stop and think about what I really want to sew that fits in with my lifestyle and not just sewing lots of random things, so I hope I can absorb the tips from everyone here and start pinning myself down.

Offline Morzel

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #273 on: November 06, 2017, 12:19:57 PM »
For high contrast - but could be done in low contrast also.

at AliExpress
Eva

Offline Morzel

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #274 on: November 06, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »
Before rules were published, I was thinking about a blue SWAP (stephaniecan is laughing at this point): I think it looks good on me and I really want to do more blue sewing (navy), as it really goes together with other colours very well. Now, with the SWAP rules being specific about colours, I am thinking about blue/grey or blue/bordeaux. Not sure about which colour combination to take, but I got enough (solid) fabric in stash. The neutrals have to "roughly be the same shade", so there's wiggle room there.

About what garments to sew... I finished a (navy) softshell jacket a month ago, self drafted pattern, and really like that jacket pattern (as well as the softshell - first timer for me and I think I am hooked). So I am thinking about sewing up that pattern with leather - I have never owned a leather jacket, and up to now have never dared to sew leather. But at this point, with a pattern that has proved good once before with a fabric which cannot easily be eased, I feel I could have a go at it. Got to contemplate a bit more.
Eva

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #275 on: November 06, 2017, 02:07:10 PM »
Morzel why not include the navy soft shell as your previously sewn item and build from there?

Offline stephaniecan

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #276 on: November 06, 2017, 07:26:56 PM »
Ha ha Morzel I am definitely not laughing at you. Sounds great! Blue/grey and blue/bordeaux are both fabulous ideas. Lately I've been putting my few bordeaux-coloured items together with my copious navy blue. In fact, hearing about a navy blue SWAP fills me with longing (but the eight navy blue coats in my front closet are telling me to just.say.no)...  :) Good luck with the leather version of your jacket - sounds wonderful.
Ruthie I also loved that pattern in this month's Burda.

Offline dagmaro

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #277 on: November 06, 2017, 10:09:43 PM »
Looking at these excellent jacket images with leather sleeves (thanks to everyone who posted them), I am thinking of forgetting about the bomber/baseball jacket pattern and re-using https://voguepatterns.mccall.com/filebin/images/product_images/Full/V8840.jpg which I planned as a top pattern but which I can also see as a jacket if I do a slight pattern hack.  I will think on this as an important factor for me is the architecture of the over layers.  I love the drama of a neat shape in my coats and jackets.
Dagmar

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #278 on: November 07, 2017, 07:48:21 AM »
I am working away on my Burda trousers, unlike my usual quick knit things these are taking some time. I am adjusting to that but enjoying the different pace.
This pair are a test for fit and so on, but are being fully constructed, not just a muslin.

So far I decided on the pattern and took the tissue out of the magaine, and laid it on the table on Friday.
And looked at it, finally on Saturday I traced it.
On Sunday I cut it out and did a start on the sewing.
Monday night I did a bit more sewing.
Several more nights of sewing still to come I think before I can see if they will work for SWAP.

what sort of things are people planning for the optional accessory?

Offline Turquoise

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #279 on: November 07, 2017, 08:49:07 AM »

what sort of things are people planning for the optional accessory?

I have some grey fabric that is very similar to one of your burgundy tops Ruthie (the one with the circles) and hope to make a cape like this one https://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/product/charcoal-marl-pom-pom-poncho/12424

I’ve been around and around with fabrics in my stash trying to decide things for the SWAP.  This morning after a weekend of decorating and getting behind with the laundry I realised that I don’t have enough warm, casual clothes for working from home.  I think I’ll start with a Winter 6PAC to fill this gap and just keep plugging away at planning the SWAP stuff.