Author Topic: 2018 SWAP Chatter  (Read 69639 times)

Offline Garden Girl

• Subscribed Member
  • Middle California
Re: 2018 SWAP Chatter
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2017, 08:23:06 PM »
Mudcat! Welcome to the "club"! ;D I hope you have lots of fun doing it like I did last year.

I have my fingers crossed that it isn't an "Algebra" type SWAP, as that would be somewhat challenging with the direction I'm needing to go right now. I could do it, but it's not what I'm wanting to do at the moment. And I will totally revolt at being told how to allocate/divvy up my colors, as some of the suggested options included.That is a total nonstarter for me so I always keep my fingers crossed while I read the rules. The years that sort of thing gets included I tend to not even follow along much.

I do hope Mudcat's plan will allow for lots of layers for some but please, don't require 3! It was 89 here 2 days ago- I want a couple of them but two might do it.

Last years rules, however,  would be perfect for me!!!    ;D ;D ;D HAHAHA! When I came up with them I tried to be as egalitarian and equitable as possible with a lot of flex for the participants. I left a lot of it vague, with the hopes of sewists sorting it out for themselves on things like "works together". I really liked including 2 "early bird" garments instead of just one.

Offline Garden Girl

• Subscribed Member
  • Middle California
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2017, 08:25:48 PM »
I had said at the end this year that I had a secret or surprise that I would share some time. I had dropped several hints but no one seemed to pick up on it.

This might make the whole rule clarification process easier and shorter too.

Two years ago I just couldn't wrap my head around the rules, which was frustrating, as I usually pick up the idea easily. It was the color allocation component that was baffling me and even people who didn't do SWAP tried to explain it to me. That was sweet but didn't help. Eventually I reached a conclusion but far too late for slow poke me to do anything.

Most of us are going about this all wrong.

How so? Think of the Rules as something like the US Constitution, which not all scholars agree on what comprises the proper interpretation of. When we ask for rules clarification, we are turning the interpretation over to the one who created the rules. Wouldn't it be useful if we each read the rules, gave them a little thought, then made a plan that showed how we interpret the rules? Don't throw it back on the DSC but interpret it for ourselves.

Close observation has shown me that a lot of the rules clarification questions are merely a means to get approval for us doing our own thing. We can all read the rules and generally it's pretty straight forward as to what is OK and what isn't. If they say no more than 2 dresses, then you know you can't make 11 dresses. But, you could make several tunics, call them tops, and wear them as dresses if you like. Quite a few of the questions are somewhat rhetorical in that they are asked to find out if someone else can do a particular thing in their SWAP. The asker of those questions is sort of "helping" someone else. I may have done that once or twice or 27 times? in the past.

If something you want to do isn't specifically forbidden or excluded in the rules, decide for yourself if it fits your interpretation of the rules as a living document. Remember last year there were garments that could have been Upper garments (tops), or Over Layers. I kept saying you decide, as it all depends on how you are using them in your SWAP. How you use those garments after SWAP are completely up to you.

With that in mind, I pledge to not ask any rules clarification questions. I can figure out for my self what the rules mean.

Offline indigotiger

• Subscribed Member
    • Acorn Cottage Artisanry
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2017, 12:06:38 AM »
If something you want to do isn't specifically forbidden or excluded in the rules, decide for yourself if it fits your interpretation of the rules as a living document. Remember last year there were garments that could have been Upper garments (tops), or Over Layers. I kept saying you decide, as it all depends on how you are using them in your SWAP. How you use those garments after SWAP are completely up to you.

With that in mind, I pledge to not ask any rules clarification questions. I can figure out for my self what the rules mean.

I think I must agree with you... for two reasons.
Firstly, the SWAP coordinator puts in a lot of effort to come up with a set of guidelines that will be workable (for most people) to create a coordinated wardrobe, which is the whole purpose of Sewing With A Plan
and Secondly, while this is in some ways a contest, in that people can enter their wardrobes to be voted on, it is not a contest with prizes, so interpreting the rules to suit one's wardrobe/style holds no great drawback of then being ineligible .

Therefore, I too pledge to not ask any rules clarification questions. I can figure out for my self what the rules mean.
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

Offline mudcat

• Subscribed Member
  • Sonoran Desert / subtropical
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2017, 01:16:39 AM »
I have posted the official rules.  :)

Actually, I am providing a token prize.

Yes, don't over analyze like I am prone to do.  The idea here is that your final 11 garments (and optional accessory if you so choose to include one) look like they belong together.  Just like when you go into a store and look at each designers collection in a department store like Macy's or Nordstrom. 

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:41:10 AM by mudcat (SWAP Coordinator) »

Offline Susan

• Sewstyled
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2017, 01:57:19 AM »
As in previous years I will enjoy reading about other sewers SWAP plans and progress but won't be taking part in it.  I'm very slow at streamlining my wardrobe due to my magpie tendencies.

I like the concept for this year.

Offline KayoticSewing

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2017, 02:42:15 AM »
Yes, it is very easy to be overwhelmed by everything in sewing - so many possible sewing skills, so many possible ways of doing each, so many possible garments, so many fabrics, so many possible styles, so many garment combinations, how to fit. . .
yes!  ::) absolutely correct!

That's why so many of the 'old hands' keep emphasizing a simple wardrobe planning scheme, a small range of colours, and garments that are easy to make.

Do all your exotic sewing and tailoring in the rest of the year  ;D
Make a fancy wardrobe next year, after you've learned all the basic tricks this year. . .

P.S.  Hey, this is an appropriate comment for me to become a 'hero member' of SG (500 posts)  ;D

Thanks Lisanne! I think those 3 are really smart guidelines that I’ll use for my first few swaps.
- small color range
- simple wardrobe plan
- easy to make garments

I’ve gone through a massive purge of clothes after losing a lot of weight and can use a new swap wardrobe or two!

Offline stephaniecan

• Subscribed Member
  • Fall down eight times. Get up nine times.
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2017, 03:42:03 AM »
Lovely rules, mudcat! Lots of food for thought (but not overthinking, as I am prone to do ;)).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:50:14 AM by stephaniecan »

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
    • Nebula Classical Academy
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2017, 04:14:34 AM »
yippee! Rules!  Off to dream about my plans...
Wendy

Offline KarenDee

• Subscribed Member
  • SIgnal Mountain, Tn.
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2017, 04:17:24 AM »
Mudcat, thank you so much for volunteering to be our SWAP Coordinator for 2018. You will do a wonderful job in this. I need to hop over and view the rules. What fun!

Karendeee
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:10:54 AM by KarenDee »

Offline Garden Girl

• Subscribed Member
  • Middle California
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2017, 05:16:01 AM »

I think I must agree with you... for two reasons.
Firstly, the SWAP coordinator puts in a lot of effort to come up with a set of guidelines that will be workable (for most people) to create a coordinated wardrobe, which is the whole purpose of Sewing With A Plan
and Secondly, while this is in some ways a contest, in that people can enter their wardrobes to be voted on, it is not a contest with prizes, so interpreting the rules to suit one's wardrobe/style holds no great drawback of then being ineligible .

Therefore, I too pledge to not ask any rules clarification questions. I can figure out for my self what the rules mean.

And we can do all that without breaking the rules!

The rules are up and they are quite lovely, although, grr, DSC has done the dreaded allocation of colors, my single biggest deal breaker for SWAP.  :( No matter, I already know how to ignore them interpret them so it won't be an obstacle. After all, black, soot and charcoal are 3 neutrals, right?   ;)

Now I'll just need to print out some plain calendar pages through April. I get mine at calendarhome.com and they work well to put down everything you have to do, like holidays, family birthdays, appointments etc. Then I can see how much time I actually have and if my snails pace of sewing has a SWAP & 6 PAC or barely a 6 PAC in it. Or if it's another year with a NO PAC and Imaginary SWAP.

Offline indigotiger

• Subscribed Member
    • Acorn Cottage Artisanry
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2017, 05:57:36 AM »
Now that the rules are up, and my evening chores are done, I am going to go spend a bit more time with my fabric stash before bedtime, trying to decide which neutrals will be the lucky ones, and what I can choose as an "accent color". Basically all my stash is made up of common neutral colors like black, grey, brown, and denim/indigo, maybe I can choose one of them to be an accent? and its other neutral pals can remain neutral... Best check in with the shelves of fabric first and see what I have
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

Offline Lisanne

• Subscribed Member
  • southern England
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »
Thanks Lisanne! I think those 3 are really smart guidelines that I’ll use for my first few swaps.
- small color range
- simple wardrobe plan
- easy to make garments

I’m a pattern nerd, love them and have a huge collection.  But when it comes to practical sewing I find I need to add to my personal ‘reduce overwhelm’ list :
- small choice of patterns.
I realise my emphasis in planning past SWAPs has been finding the smallest number of patterns I could use. 
That's related to 'easy to make garments'.  Small number of patterns = small number of sewing skills needed.  Making something isn't a constant sequence of time-outs to ponder little problems.   Hurrah for TNTs !  the saviours for those of us who get overwhelmed easily. . .

I daren’t look at the rules yet or the day will get filled with possible wardrobe plans - beyond the minimum-overwhelm ultra-simple one I've already devised for this year ! 
I’m leaving the rules for a treat later  ;D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:16:05 AM by Lisanne »
Does this bring you joy, calm, confidence  :D  if not, try something else.

https://sewingplums.com - comments on wardrobes, patterns, style, fit
https://uk.pinterest.com/sewingplums/ - style images
https://aimforquality.wordpress.com - good basic sewing techniques
https://easyjackets.wordpress.com - no need for tailoring, unless you want to
https://helpwithsewingpatterninstructions.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/first-blog-post/ - Peggy Sagers sew-alongs

Offline Lyn-J

• O/T Politics
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2017, 09:34:18 AM »
Just flying through and the Rules are up!
I haven't got time to study them :(
looks good though
thank you S. Mudcat!

Offline Lisanne

• Subscribed Member
  • southern England
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2017, 11:30:36 AM »
Minimising overwhelm ? - even using TNTs doesn’t get rid of all the delays - this morning I had what I thought was a small problem, which eventually involved unpicking what I’d sewn, re-threading my machine, re-pressing what I was working on, discovering 2 new features of my machine - how does any one manage to sew something in less than 3 hours  ;D

https://helpwithsewingpatterninstructions.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/first-blog-post/ - Peggy Sagers sew-alongs

Offline CCL

• Subscribed Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2017, 01:09:42 PM »
Minimising overwhelm ? - even using TNTs doesn’t get rid of all the delays - this morning I had what I thought was a small problem, which eventually involved unpicking what I’d sewn, re-threading my machine, re-pressing what I was working on, discovering 2 new features of my machine - how does any one manage to sew something in less than 3 hours  ;D

Oh my gosh...you and me both.  I spent the ENTIRE day Sunday practicing and  putting in 10 buttonholes, making shims, using endlessly different technigues and settings. I lost track of how many I made and how many I pulled out.  I gave up on the 11th and did it Monday... practicing and using an even different technique than the others.  I feel as if my skills are going backwards and I can no longer do even half well things that used to be easy-peasey.

Offline Medea

• You'll find my Wardrobe Diary at
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2017, 02:03:21 PM »
My thoughts before the rules came out was that my neutrals would be black and navy. But then I started picking fabrics and suddenly there was golden beige and black as the two neutrals.

So here are my first attempt of choosing fabrics for my next SWAP wardrobe.
The only one I'm totally sure of is that I will use the black cotton gabardine as a part of my SWAP and then we'll see.
I'm at Instagram @ medeasgarderob (Medea's Wardrobe)

Offline Lisanne

• Subscribed Member
  • southern England
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2017, 03:04:05 PM »
Basically all my stash is made up of common neutral colors like black, grey, brown, and denim/indigo, maybe I can choose one of them to be an accent? and its other neutral pals can remain neutral...

Only one of the garments has to be in the accent 'popping' colour.  Do you ever wear a top in white/ ecru/ pale blue ?  that would 'pop' compared to your darker neutral choices.

Offline bessiecrocker

• Subscribed Member
  • Winner's Points: 1
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2017, 04:02:09 PM »
Basically all my stash is made up of common neutral colors like black, grey, brown, and denim/indigo, maybe I can choose one of them to be an accent? and its other neutral pals can remain neutral...

Only one of the garments has to be in the accent 'popping' colour.  Do you ever wear a top in white/ ecru/ pale blue ?  that would 'pop' compared to your darker neutral choices.

Also, remember that you can add "pop" just by contrasting with the other colors (or perhaps also by using a very different type of fabric.) If your basics are matt, slick, low texture fabric your "pop" could be a generally similar color but have much more texture. (Like use some fake fur with neutral, flat texture black and browns.)

Or, go the other direction. if you use bright, light colors or fabrics with lots of high texture (like sequins or beading) for your "neturals" your accent can be a very dark, somber, flat color. Think of "accent" as anything that adds contrast.

"White" or your version of it, can almost always be a contrast color. White will even contrast with pale beige-y natural color linen.  Accent/contrast can also be high value or low value, depending on what you want. White linen with beige linen is low contrast. Black sequins with white satin is high contrast. Both use white as the accent, but one has a lower "pop" value than the other depending on the colors and fabrics that are combined.

Offline Garden Girl

• Subscribed Member
  • Middle California
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2017, 04:30:48 PM »
What Bessie said. Contrast is in the eye of the beholder. Or the mind of the Designer. If one is planning a very low contrast, fairly monochromatic wardrobe the "pop" may be more of a fizzle. It still fits the SWAP guidelines. The Divine Mudcat did tell us that we are the Designer, so really, what you decide the rules mean, your interpretation, is right for your collection.

Having said that, I find this morning that I am feeling highly resistant to color allocation rules. That's the only thing I've ever truly disliked in past SWAPS, what I avoided using in last years rules, what I dreaded for this year, and darn if Mudcat didn't go and throw them at me. Yikes. If I can get past that resistance, find a way to utilize them, aside from just completely ignoring them  ;) , I may give this a go. If not I'll most likely do both the Winter & Spring 6 PAC collections. Doing that I might accidentally stumble into compliance.

Offline KS Sews

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2017, 04:36:30 PM »
Hi All!

New here but excited about the SWAP. I already had a plan for a small group of garments for my winter work wardrobe ("winter" carries right through April most years!) so I'm excited to expand on the concept a bit.

Offline Lyn-J

• O/T Politics
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2017, 05:01:30 PM »
PURE GENIUS!
Enough scope to think for ourselves with just a little bit of restriction to reign it in.
The Rules for SWAP get better year after year!
Love the accessory idea too!

ETA
Not familiar with the designers mentioned so will be checking them out

(Can we do our own threads yet?)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:04:14 PM by Lyn-J »

Offline M lambie

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2017, 05:03:21 PM »
Welcome, KS Sews! :) I hope you will enjoy doing SWAP for the first time!

I was sitting around, waiting for the rules, trying to figure out what I would sew depending on how many of X or Y garments were required... and then WHOA! There are no required numbers of any particular garments! Yay!

Although I had already decided to "politely disregard" the rules if they didn't exactly line up with what I wear, for similar reasons to what Garden Girl already wrote:

(a) You can't get disqualified out of the contest, so it doesn't matter.

(b) Nearly every year, one of the top three has done something to "break" the rules (or radically interpret, I guess) and it hasn't stopped them getting votes.

(c) I'll be lucky if I even get half of the garments done so why am I worried about rules and voting and judging anyway LOL.

Still, the COLOR CHALLENGE, yikes! That's different and a little scary. But in a fun way (it is Halloween after all). :) I compared the rules to last year's SWAP plan (never sewn) and I realize that I could use the identical plan this year. Neutrals - black, navy. Accent color (low/mid-contrast "pop") - grey. Plus two prints. Planning done! ;D ...but then where's the fun? Of course I will plan all over again!

Considering my stash, plus my preference NOT to buy more fabric, the only way this can work for me is with neutrals black and navy. I have plenty of greys but they definitely do not like each other very well, especially the ones that are nearly the same shade. And when I look at the stack of fabrics, the mid-range greys defnitely "pop" compared to the very dark navy & black fabrics.

I seriously can't wait to start reading plans. (I'm bouncing up & down in my seat.)

Oops, Lyn-J posted while I was typing. Must say I LOVE the optional accessory idea, too!

ETA: missing word
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:10:58 PM by M lambie »

Offline Elephun

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2017, 05:25:46 PM »
I like these guidelines very much. I generally have trouble with color allocation, but these color rules are pretty easy to wrap my head around. Even if I don’t manage the whole thing with the colors, too, I’ll be thrilled if I end up with some new pieces that fit in my wardrobe!

Offline Garden Girl

• Subscribed Member
  • Middle California
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2017, 05:37:01 PM »
Heehee...I wasn't quite advocating "ignoring" the rules. But you know, in the past certain things would have come up and we always pigeonholed them someplace. Like Indigotiger's beloved pinafores.  I worked hard last year to fit them in, so she could have sewn a bunch of them, so moved them to layers and made a high limit in that category. In reality, I think the better answer for some garments would have been "yes". Is a jumpsuit a top or a bottom? Yes. Is a pinafore a top, or a bottom, or a layer? Yes.

It probably makes more sense to let the sewist determine what something is and how something works- or doesn't- in their SWAP.

So now I advocate interpreting the posted rules for oneself. We definitely would get some interesting combinations. I have a couple of pieces in mind this year that probably would not fly most years. I had planned to do them last year, and had no intention of asking for clarification, as they were in slightly uncharted territory. So I was just going to sew them up and slip them in, as they hadn't been forbidden.  ;D They did fit my interpretation of the rules.

And look at that colorful outfit Bessiecrocker posted earlier. I'm thinking the majority of us would not have come up with that. It's a bit bold even by my standards and I've been known to wear some outlandish combinations. But it works for this gal and she looks happy and comfy.

Offline Garden Girl

• Subscribed Member
  • Middle California
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »
I like these guidelines very much. I generally have trouble with color allocation, but these color rules are pretty easy to wrap my head around. Even if I don’t manage the whole thing with the colors, too, I’ll be thrilled if I end up with some new pieces that fit in my wardrobe!

Yup. I am highly resistant to being given color allocation guidelines/rules in SWAP. My rebellious side pops up. "Hey SWAP Coordinator! You're not the boss of me!" So I'm needing to stew on that part for a bit.

I think part of what I'm pushing against this time is having 3 selections in the accent colors/prints category. My mind is saying that's too much with the two neutrals. But then I was planning mostly shades & combinations of brown, black and grey. With accents of maybe bittersweet, sage & indigo. So in actuality, I could maybe get it to work, not in a way that most of those collections Mudcat listed work, except Bryn Walker perhaps, more like I could trade garments with Alison & Mary. We do seem to be using the same base.

It seems it's the "being told to" part, not actually the colors. And it's definitely the how many part.

Offline Garden Girl

• Subscribed Member
  • Middle California
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »
So in actuality, I could maybe get it to work, not in a way that most of those collections Mudcat listed work, except Bryn Walker perhaps, more like I could trade garments with Alison & Mary. We do seem to be using the same base.

Let me revise that and include Kaliyana...caught that on the reread. Heehee....

Offline M lambie

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2017, 06:26:02 PM »
Nice pic from Kaliyana! And I love that multi-print outfit.

Haha, Garden Girl, I wasn't planning to TOTALLY ignore the rules and sew 2 clown suits, a ball gown, 5 t-shirts, a business suit and a pair of jeans (for example)... I just planned to count my dresses as tops, if need be. ;)

And what you say about interpreting the rules makes a lot of sense. Only I recall that in the past, sometimes the rules were really explicit that, for example, a dress could not count as a top if you were able to wear it alone... or a jacket couldn't count as a top even if you'd wear it alone (I still remember Ruth's Hepburn collection where she wasn't able to use her Chanel jacket, argh - because she sought clarification). So yeah, it's probably better not to ask. As you say, it allows for each collection to reflect what really suits each sewist/designer and their vision.

Regarding the color allocation restriction, I was originally boxing myself into thinking along the lines of Core 4 etc. But one could just as easily make 3 black dresses or 4 navy trousers as long as it works. It's funny that you thought that there were too many accents/prints required. My first realization is that I often count a subtle print (like a pinstripe) among my "neutral" fabrics and I don't think that will work this time (or DO I think it will work?). I guess I want more (subtle!) prints? But maybe I can sub embellishments instead. We'll see!

Medea, how exciting to see your stack of fabrics! :) They are lovely.

Offline sdBev

• Subscribed Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2017, 06:43:03 PM »
Love this combination already! But then I am partial to the golden ranges.
sdBev
sdBev.wordpress.com

Offline Medea

« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2017, 07:07:10 PM »

(Can we do our own threads yet?)

I'm ready to start a thread for my planning. Is it too early??

Offline Medea

« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2017, 07:10:30 PM »
Hi and welcome KS Sews!

Love this combination already! But then I am partial to the golden ranges.

Thanks sdBev, M lambie, I think it will be fine even if I don't know yet if it will be these I'll use.  ;D

Offline bessiecrocker

• Subscribed Member
  • Winner's Points: 1
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2017, 08:33:49 PM »

My first realization is that I often count a subtle print (like a pinstripe) among my "neutral" fabrics and I don't think that will work this time (or DO I think it will work?).

What's wrong with a pinstripe or even various pinstripes as your neutral? Works for me! In the photo that Garden Girl re-posted, I would say the "neutral" in that look is called "earth-tone floral print". Nicely done because the prints are all in a different scale. Accent color is solid purple. You've got to have pizzazz and attitude to pull it off, but it works if you want it to.

I've going wild and crazy, I think, for this swap. Neutrals are turquoise and purple. Plus 2 prints. Not my usual look, but I am feeling daring.

Offline KS Sews

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2017, 09:00:57 PM »
My neutrals will be black and tan--exciting! Lol!

I have a lovely dark floral challis for a dress, my other print will be a black & white (that's my favorite) and I will use a bright magenta as my accent color.

Existing plans were:
Black lined jacket
Black lined skirt
Black dress with sleeves (something with simple lines)
Tan pants
Trench skirt
B/w Prince of Wales plaid pant
(Same) B/w plaid sleeveless sheath
Dark floral tie-neck dress

I will be adding at least two tops so I will be fully dressed in my SWAP photos! :)

We'll see how this all shakes out!

Offline stephaniecan

• Subscribed Member
  • Fall down eight times. Get up nine times.
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2017, 10:21:15 PM »
AAAHH...All of my fabrics are packed in boxes for moving this weekend so I am scanning my memory and trying to create an imaginary plan in my head. I feel a bit like Prufrock: Do I dare to make red one of my neutrals? (I know that for some people red is definitely a neutral, but I almost always wear blue...I mean, always...and I'd like to break out of my rut.)

Offline treefrog

• SWAP Addict :-)
    • sew Treefrog
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2017, 10:44:36 PM »
Yippee!  I'm so excited by the rules.  It's nice to focus on the colour then the garment.  I tend to get stalled when I come at a wardrobe plan from X number of Y garments, especially when sewing over the summer months.  As luck would have it, I had already picked out some fabrics to sew next year. Only a couple of tweaks to make it fit.

So the neutrals are light grey and rose pink, with white as the accent colour.  - Galah colours  :D

'What a galah'  Artist : Denise Falkner

Offline KayoticSewing

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2017, 11:35:24 PM »
Do I dare to make red one of my neutrals?

Why not? Red as neutral is powerful - esp. if its a work wardrobe. If it's any help, I've decided on burgundy as one of my neutrals!  ;D

check these images out!

These are from Russian Burda site for a jacket I've been lusting after. English version of the jacket can be found here. http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/crop-blazer-082017